Anatomy of a Silly Woman
The silly woman would be me. I seriously think my brain has short circuited. Or something, anyway. I've managed to so thoroughly spook myself that I was just uncomfortable stepping outside my own home last night. I don't know why I got so spooked. Monday night was a singular incident. Odd, yes. Mildly disturbing, sure. But I don't know. I've felt kind of weird for the past few months. Just little odd feelings, some unexplained things. Feeling watched. And then the thing Monday night.
So last night after work, Mama and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries. I split off from Mama for a bit because I get so annoyed with the way she shops and I knew exactly everything I had to get so I was trying to get it done so we could go. Well, I don't know why it creeped me out, but there was this guy in there. I mean, he didn't look scuzzy or suspicious at all. Clean shaven, well dressed. Nice looking fella. Just, I don't know. It seemed everywhere I was, he was also. Standing in the detergent aisle, not really looking at detergent. That sort of thing. Well, I didn't really think anything of it. It's Wal-Mart. We're both shoppers. Big deal. (Though, the fact that I even noticed him at all creeps me out. I walked right past my aunt and didn't notice HER until she hollared my name.)
But then when Mama and I were walking out of the store, the same man was standing at the end of a row of cars. Just standing there staring at the doors of the store. When we came out he sort of straighened up and got busy with his phone, chatting with someone who was loading their car. And when I was returning the cart to the little cart return thingy, he started walking toward me. I boogied on back to the car and hopped in. Mama nearly backed over him because he was coming up behind our car, apparently (I'm hoping anyway) to get to HIS vehicle. But he sort of paused beside the car and waved and that's when I got really weirded out. Unfortunatly I didn't get to see what he drove, though. Mama pulled out and left before I could see if he got into a black truck. It was more than likely just coincidence. I was more spooked out by the truck incident than I thought I was and my mind fabricated the idea that this man was following and watching me.
Needless to say, though, for the rest of the evening I kept imagining things that weren't there. I was uber cautious each time I took Libby out, taking a flashlight and a lantern (In case I needed a weapon, I could swing it at him. lol), the phone and if Libby took longer than I felt comfortable with I rushed her back in the house. I just kept imagining a pair of eyes peeping out from the woods, kept thinking I heard leaves crunching beneath feet somewhere behind me. I never saw anything, though. The truck never reappeared though I did hear a vehicle driving by a couple of times. But I DO have neighbors on the other end of the road from me, so it was likely them.
I'm hoping it was just my heightened sense of foreboding brought on by Halloween and scary stories I've heard recently and not any sort of sixth sense picking up dangerous vibes. More than likely that's it.
On the offchance it isn't, though, and I disappear you'll know what happened. lol
So last night after work, Mama and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few groceries. I split off from Mama for a bit because I get so annoyed with the way she shops and I knew exactly everything I had to get so I was trying to get it done so we could go. Well, I don't know why it creeped me out, but there was this guy in there. I mean, he didn't look scuzzy or suspicious at all. Clean shaven, well dressed. Nice looking fella. Just, I don't know. It seemed everywhere I was, he was also. Standing in the detergent aisle, not really looking at detergent. That sort of thing. Well, I didn't really think anything of it. It's Wal-Mart. We're both shoppers. Big deal. (Though, the fact that I even noticed him at all creeps me out. I walked right past my aunt and didn't notice HER until she hollared my name.)
But then when Mama and I were walking out of the store, the same man was standing at the end of a row of cars. Just standing there staring at the doors of the store. When we came out he sort of straighened up and got busy with his phone, chatting with someone who was loading their car. And when I was returning the cart to the little cart return thingy, he started walking toward me. I boogied on back to the car and hopped in. Mama nearly backed over him because he was coming up behind our car, apparently (I'm hoping anyway) to get to HIS vehicle. But he sort of paused beside the car and waved and that's when I got really weirded out. Unfortunatly I didn't get to see what he drove, though. Mama pulled out and left before I could see if he got into a black truck. It was more than likely just coincidence. I was more spooked out by the truck incident than I thought I was and my mind fabricated the idea that this man was following and watching me.
Needless to say, though, for the rest of the evening I kept imagining things that weren't there. I was uber cautious each time I took Libby out, taking a flashlight and a lantern (In case I needed a weapon, I could swing it at him. lol), the phone and if Libby took longer than I felt comfortable with I rushed her back in the house. I just kept imagining a pair of eyes peeping out from the woods, kept thinking I heard leaves crunching beneath feet somewhere behind me. I never saw anything, though. The truck never reappeared though I did hear a vehicle driving by a couple of times. But I DO have neighbors on the other end of the road from me, so it was likely them.
I'm hoping it was just my heightened sense of foreboding brought on by Halloween and scary stories I've heard recently and not any sort of sixth sense picking up dangerous vibes. More than likely that's it.
On the offchance it isn't, though, and I disappear you'll know what happened. lol
Comments
I say don't ignore that sixth sense and pay close attention to your surroundings for a while. Just because nothing happened last night doesn't mean you imagined things the night before. Just be safe and careful!
Oh, and should you happen to receive any gifts or notes from someone named Michael, Jason or Freddy...I'd run if I were you! ;)
You be careful out there. Keep the light and phone handy at all times.