Color Me Embarrassed
I'm baaaaaa-aaaack...
Yeah. Ya'll remember that three day vacation that I was bubbling about a few posts ago? Yeah. The past three days were it. LOL I totally spazzed and forgot until after I left work Friday. How lame am I that I forgot to remember my own vacation? *shakes head* Actually, I DID realize it, I just forgot to remind myself to let the world know that when I disappeared it wasn't because I was lying dead in a ditch somewhere in ten different pieces. Sorry for freaking everyone out. *blushes* I realized after I got home Friday what it would seem like but had no way of getting word that I was merely skipping work for three days. My bad. Yes. You may slap my hand, yell at me or whatever. ;-) (No spanking, though, unless you're a hottie cowboy fresh off a ranch somewhere with big calloused hands and a great big...err...horse. hehehe)
So anyway...
My Vacation by Jana
(Remember those old essays in grade school? lol)
Saturday as you may (or may not) have known, was Emmy's 7th birthday party. (When did THAT happen? She's 7? Already??) I made the treck to T-town with Sis2 and Goofus. You know, I complain about them and make fun of them but I actually DO have fun with them when it's just us three. For some reason other people tend to, I don't know, affect them? Or maybe other people just affect me. Either way, the ride over was fun. The party was...mostly fun. I only got aggravated maybe three times. hehehehe She got lots of neat stuff, had fun with her friends and Aunt Jana got to eat some yummy treats. It's all good. :-)
I also got some skincare advice from Sis1's step-MIL. When she found out I don't (or didn't, rather) use any moisturizer on my face, she told me if I didn't start I'd be a wrinkly old hag before I'm forty. So yeah. Jana's got a new addition to her daily de-uglyfication routine. Moisturizing. *sigh* (Although, my mom's moisturized for as long as I can remember and she's wrinkled. Not a hag, but still wrinkled.)
The ride back was even funner (yeah, I know that isn't correct. get over it.) because we stopped in town (my town) and got some bbq from the best bbq place in all the land. (or the tri-state area, anyway.) Gave me terrible indigestion but it was soooooo worth it. hehehehe
Sunday I played backslider and skipped church. (God forgives...) Me and Libby (or I did, anyway) snuggled on the couch and watched TV and debated on whether or not I wanted to go see a movie. The lure of the couch proved too powerful, though, cuz I never did make it to the movie. What I DID do, was obsess about food. So. Annoying.
Monday was S-day for Libby. The reason behind my "vacation" from work. She had her little surgery. You know, the one the humane society urges us to do? I was responsible. For once.
And you know, I feel awful for saying this...even thinking it, but Monday? While she was at the vet and I was at home alone? Wonderful. I'm a bad mommy, I know. Honest, I didn't have her spayed just to get a day away from her but...LOL
I read, cleaned out my kitchen cabinets, took a leisurely shopping trip, vacuumed and straightened the house...basically, all the things I rarely get to do anymore now that I have her around to constantly be "involved" in whatever I'm doing. (barking at the vacuum, carting off items such as shoes, paper towels, pantry items...chasing my feet, whining at the door, snagging my pantsleg, etc.)
Brought her home Monday afternoon. Bless her heart, she was so pitiful. I felt like DIRT for having that done to her. I know it was the best thing to do and the RESPONSIBLE thing but still...she's my baby. *sniff* I hated to see her in pain and distress. Especially when I picked her up wrong and she cried and cried and looked at me like I was the lowest of the low for torturing her. She slept most of the night, though, in her crate bed. Her choice. She actually crawled up in there and passed out. It helped that I'd added some extra padding in there for her, I guess.
Tuesday was pretty much the same. She napped off and on all day. She'd come out long enough for a drink of water, a trip outside and a brief snuggle on the floor with me and then she'd go back to bed. By Tuesday night, though, there was a marked improvement about her. She even tried to chew my toes! LOL
Yesterday, she was back to her devil pup status. You know how hard it is to get a puppy determined to get on the couch to NOT JUMP? *sigh* She's not supposed to jump for a week and what was she doing yesterday every time my back was turned? Jumping on the couch. She didn't act like it hurt, though, so I didn't scold her too much. Just tried to discourage her whenever I could catch her.
And needless to say, she was NOT happy about Mommy returning to work today. Neither was Mommy, but I didn't have a choice. When I put in for my time off I was told I was needed today and tomorrow. Got back today only to discover that the oh-so-important need of my presence is no longer so important and I COULD have taken the whole week. Bah!
But, I was told, oh so sweetly yesterday (thanks, PET! lol) that I'd have been killed by a certain group of friends had I not returned to the WWW at some point this week. And I suppose I'm glad to be back amongst my peeps. Although...hehehehe...reading for three days straight while curled on the couch in my pj's and a cup of coffee? Verrrrrry nice.
It's amazing the difference three (or five, I suppose) days away from this place (work, not ya'll. I MISSED ya'll. hehehe) will do fora girl. I felt soooooo much better this morning when I woke up. I actually got to work EARLY! It helps that I drove myself today, but STILL. LOL You know how long it's been since I got to work early or even, dare I say...ON TIME?? hehehehehe (My mother is SUCH a bad influence on me. lol)
But yeah. It was great. Not that I enjoyed Libby feeling puny or in pain but I got to read FIVE BOOKS!!! AND I got all the beds in the house stripped, (only mine got re-dressed but still) all the laundry done, the kitchen sparkles, I DID have the carpet clean and fresh but it stormed yesterday and Libby and I tracked in more leaves than were actually outside. LOL (seems that way, at least.)
But I'm back in the land of the living (mostly) and MAYBE I can make it till Thanksgiving vacay without murdering or maiming (or blowing up) anyone. hehehe We'll see.
Now, is anyone else going around singing, "Falalalala, French Vanilla"?
No? Err...me neither. *blush* I was just wanting to see if anybody else was.
hehehe
Yeah. Ya'll remember that three day vacation that I was bubbling about a few posts ago? Yeah. The past three days were it. LOL I totally spazzed and forgot until after I left work Friday. How lame am I that I forgot to remember my own vacation? *shakes head* Actually, I DID realize it, I just forgot to remind myself to let the world know that when I disappeared it wasn't because I was lying dead in a ditch somewhere in ten different pieces. Sorry for freaking everyone out. *blushes* I realized after I got home Friday what it would seem like but had no way of getting word that I was merely skipping work for three days. My bad. Yes. You may slap my hand, yell at me or whatever. ;-) (No spanking, though, unless you're a hottie cowboy fresh off a ranch somewhere with big calloused hands and a great big...err...horse. hehehe)
So anyway...
My Vacation by Jana
(Remember those old essays in grade school? lol)
Saturday as you may (or may not) have known, was Emmy's 7th birthday party. (When did THAT happen? She's 7? Already??) I made the treck to T-town with Sis2 and Goofus. You know, I complain about them and make fun of them but I actually DO have fun with them when it's just us three. For some reason other people tend to, I don't know, affect them? Or maybe other people just affect me. Either way, the ride over was fun. The party was...mostly fun. I only got aggravated maybe three times. hehehehe She got lots of neat stuff, had fun with her friends and Aunt Jana got to eat some yummy treats. It's all good. :-)
I also got some skincare advice from Sis1's step-MIL. When she found out I don't (or didn't, rather) use any moisturizer on my face, she told me if I didn't start I'd be a wrinkly old hag before I'm forty. So yeah. Jana's got a new addition to her daily de-uglyfication routine. Moisturizing. *sigh* (Although, my mom's moisturized for as long as I can remember and she's wrinkled. Not a hag, but still wrinkled.)
The ride back was even funner (yeah, I know that isn't correct. get over it.) because we stopped in town (my town) and got some bbq from the best bbq place in all the land. (or the tri-state area, anyway.) Gave me terrible indigestion but it was soooooo worth it. hehehehe
Sunday I played backslider and skipped church. (God forgives...) Me and Libby (or I did, anyway) snuggled on the couch and watched TV and debated on whether or not I wanted to go see a movie. The lure of the couch proved too powerful, though, cuz I never did make it to the movie. What I DID do, was obsess about food. So. Annoying.
Monday was S-day for Libby. The reason behind my "vacation" from work. She had her little surgery. You know, the one the humane society urges us to do? I was responsible. For once.
And you know, I feel awful for saying this...even thinking it, but Monday? While she was at the vet and I was at home alone? Wonderful. I'm a bad mommy, I know. Honest, I didn't have her spayed just to get a day away from her but...LOL
I read, cleaned out my kitchen cabinets, took a leisurely shopping trip, vacuumed and straightened the house...basically, all the things I rarely get to do anymore now that I have her around to constantly be "involved" in whatever I'm doing. (barking at the vacuum, carting off items such as shoes, paper towels, pantry items...chasing my feet, whining at the door, snagging my pantsleg, etc.)
Brought her home Monday afternoon. Bless her heart, she was so pitiful. I felt like DIRT for having that done to her. I know it was the best thing to do and the RESPONSIBLE thing but still...she's my baby. *sniff* I hated to see her in pain and distress. Especially when I picked her up wrong and she cried and cried and looked at me like I was the lowest of the low for torturing her. She slept most of the night, though, in her crate bed. Her choice. She actually crawled up in there and passed out. It helped that I'd added some extra padding in there for her, I guess.
Tuesday was pretty much the same. She napped off and on all day. She'd come out long enough for a drink of water, a trip outside and a brief snuggle on the floor with me and then she'd go back to bed. By Tuesday night, though, there was a marked improvement about her. She even tried to chew my toes! LOL
Yesterday, she was back to her devil pup status. You know how hard it is to get a puppy determined to get on the couch to NOT JUMP? *sigh* She's not supposed to jump for a week and what was she doing yesterday every time my back was turned? Jumping on the couch. She didn't act like it hurt, though, so I didn't scold her too much. Just tried to discourage her whenever I could catch her.
And needless to say, she was NOT happy about Mommy returning to work today. Neither was Mommy, but I didn't have a choice. When I put in for my time off I was told I was needed today and tomorrow. Got back today only to discover that the oh-so-important need of my presence is no longer so important and I COULD have taken the whole week. Bah!
But, I was told, oh so sweetly yesterday (thanks, PET! lol) that I'd have been killed by a certain group of friends had I not returned to the WWW at some point this week. And I suppose I'm glad to be back amongst my peeps. Although...hehehehe...reading for three days straight while curled on the couch in my pj's and a cup of coffee? Verrrrrry nice.
It's amazing the difference three (or five, I suppose) days away from this place (work, not ya'll. I MISSED ya'll. hehehe) will do fora girl. I felt soooooo much better this morning when I woke up. I actually got to work EARLY! It helps that I drove myself today, but STILL. LOL You know how long it's been since I got to work early or even, dare I say...ON TIME?? hehehehehe (My mother is SUCH a bad influence on me. lol)
But yeah. It was great. Not that I enjoyed Libby feeling puny or in pain but I got to read FIVE BOOKS!!! AND I got all the beds in the house stripped, (only mine got re-dressed but still) all the laundry done, the kitchen sparkles, I DID have the carpet clean and fresh but it stormed yesterday and Libby and I tracked in more leaves than were actually outside. LOL (seems that way, at least.)
But I'm back in the land of the living (mostly) and MAYBE I can make it till Thanksgiving vacay without murdering or maiming (or blowing up) anyone. hehehe We'll see.
Now, is anyone else going around singing, "Falalalala, French Vanilla"?
No? Err...me neither. *blush* I was just wanting to see if anybody else was.
hehehe
Comments