Dead Feet
Saturday was girls' day out. How sad is it that our fifty-three-year-old mother out walked Sis2 and myself? LOL We ended up crumpled on the shoe fitting bench at JCPenny's and Mama had to pull the car around for us. hehehehe
But then, we HAD been on our feet for about six hours--our only break being about an hour and a half for lunch (at Applebee's) and that was with four hours under our belt and around two hours after that. So yeah. Jana's feet was GIVE. OUT. Sis2's legs were give out and it was all either of us could do to keep from just laying out on the floor of the store. hehehehe
But we had fun. Bought some clothes. Some SMALLER clothes. hehehe THAT felt awesome. Sis2 and I joked that we might actually meet in the middle at some point and be able to share clothes. I hope, for her sake, that we don't. I'd hate for her to get much bigger than she is. I don't know that her self-esteem can handle too much more. But at least now she's figuring out all the crap I've had to deal with my whole life. So that's something.
Anyway, after we finally (mercifully) ended our shopping excursion we made it back to my house and last minute decided that since her dh was already out at the folks' house, we'd all just go out there and eat supper. Meaning I had to hurridly toss a bag together to spend the night out there (as well as get all my baking supplies done for the apple pie I was going to bake for the church fellowship the next day.) because Jana HATES to drive after dark. As in, I CAN do it, I just loathe to do so.
But it stretched out the visit another three hours or more which was nice. Since I rarely get to see her and spend any quality time (that we don't have a kid or a motormouth taking up precious moments.) it was really nice.
Daddy and Goofus had gone hunting (opening weekend of deer season) and Daddy got a deer. A doe. Pretty good size one, I suppose. So that's meet in the freezer. And it's always a good omen if you get one early on in the season. That's my thinking, anyway.
Goofus nearly had him a bobcat. Said he ran up on one on his way to his stand and they just sort of looked at each other. He said it was as big as a panther and the only way he could tell it WASN'T one, was the little stub of a tail. But he didn't shoot it. The cat wisely decided to go the other way (as I would if faced with a 6'5" burly man with a gun).
Yesterday was the Thanksgiving service at church. My mom's parents surprised us with a visit and stayed for the fellowship lunch afterward as well as the singing. So that was fun. Of course, now everyone in the church is harrassing ME to sing...including the preacher who, up until my OTHER grandad mentioned it didn't know I sang. I hate being harrassed. Might I remind them that that's one of the reasons I left my last church???
Anyway, that was the gist of the weekend.
But then, we HAD been on our feet for about six hours--our only break being about an hour and a half for lunch (at Applebee's) and that was with four hours under our belt and around two hours after that. So yeah. Jana's feet was GIVE. OUT. Sis2's legs were give out and it was all either of us could do to keep from just laying out on the floor of the store. hehehehe
But we had fun. Bought some clothes. Some SMALLER clothes. hehehe THAT felt awesome. Sis2 and I joked that we might actually meet in the middle at some point and be able to share clothes. I hope, for her sake, that we don't. I'd hate for her to get much bigger than she is. I don't know that her self-esteem can handle too much more. But at least now she's figuring out all the crap I've had to deal with my whole life. So that's something.
Anyway, after we finally (mercifully) ended our shopping excursion we made it back to my house and last minute decided that since her dh was already out at the folks' house, we'd all just go out there and eat supper. Meaning I had to hurridly toss a bag together to spend the night out there (as well as get all my baking supplies done for the apple pie I was going to bake for the church fellowship the next day.) because Jana HATES to drive after dark. As in, I CAN do it, I just loathe to do so.
But it stretched out the visit another three hours or more which was nice. Since I rarely get to see her and spend any quality time (that we don't have a kid or a motormouth taking up precious moments.) it was really nice.
Daddy and Goofus had gone hunting (opening weekend of deer season) and Daddy got a deer. A doe. Pretty good size one, I suppose. So that's meet in the freezer. And it's always a good omen if you get one early on in the season. That's my thinking, anyway.
Goofus nearly had him a bobcat. Said he ran up on one on his way to his stand and they just sort of looked at each other. He said it was as big as a panther and the only way he could tell it WASN'T one, was the little stub of a tail. But he didn't shoot it. The cat wisely decided to go the other way (as I would if faced with a 6'5" burly man with a gun).
Yesterday was the Thanksgiving service at church. My mom's parents surprised us with a visit and stayed for the fellowship lunch afterward as well as the singing. So that was fun. Of course, now everyone in the church is harrassing ME to sing...including the preacher who, up until my OTHER grandad mentioned it didn't know I sang. I hate being harrassed. Might I remind them that that's one of the reasons I left my last church???
Anyway, that was the gist of the weekend.
Comments
I don't really like shopping all that much but on those rare occasions when we get to take our time and be silly, it's really fun.