The Simple Things

Watching the moon in it's phases...just Friday night there was barely a sliver there. Last night it was an even half, slightly tilted as though straining to be burst free.

When the sky is clear, a million tiny diamonds sparkle in the inky blackness. Dazzling in their splendor. A natural wonder often ignored, dismissed or unseen.

Sloppy, exuberant puppy kisses.

Warm spontaneous hugs with giggles and the tickle of a beard.

Christmas music providing a backdrop to a colorful Christmas tree.

Big brown puppy dog eyes staring in adoration.

Those last ten minutes before the alarm goes off in the morning. The covers are warm and snuggly, eyes are still just barely open and the morning is still, quiet and peaceful.

Being told "I love you" and knowing that the person saying it means it completely.

Praying for an answer/solution and receiving it at just the right moment.

Going home after a long weekend away, to the peace and tranquility that only home can afford.

The kiss of a cool autumn breeze, the tickle of hair on exposed skin.

The smile of a stranger.

The comfort of the familiar.

Laughing so hard tears roll and then laughing even harder because you're crying.

A good cup of coffee with a good friend.

Managing to avoid annoying people.

There are a lot of simple things in life that bring great pleasure and joy. Sometimes it's difficult for me to remember these things. Or maybe I don't notice them or appreciate them for what they are. But I was staring at the moon last night and realized I'd looked at the moon a million times in the past several months (outside with the devil pup) and had never taken notice. I figured it was time to take stock. See if perhaps I was missing other joys. I guess I have...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today