Merry Christmas from Dixie
Well, Mississippi, anyway. That Alabama song, if you've heard it, Christmas in Dixie has always been one of my favorites. If you haven't heard it, where in the heck have you been all your life?
ROFLOL
So yeah, this is my very last post to all you lovely loyal peeps who find it in your hearts to keep up with my insanity. Well, my last post this YEAR, anyway. Unless, you know, I decide to come back later today and harrass ya'll some more. Which is entirely possibly cuz I'm mean like that. ;-)
But before I get to all the sappy yadda yadda Merry Christmas see ya next year crap, here's what's happened since I left ya'll yesterday.
My neighbor. I'm beginning to wish he'd get sucked up by aliens and forced to live as a man slave on Mars or something. Or, you know, at LEAST keep his redneck from interferring with my life. *sigh*
So, yeah, he's not white trash as I previously stated. Dude is all Redneck. I got nuthin' against Rednecks seeing as I'm half Redneck myself. (on my daddy's side. My mama's side of the family are simply poor white preacher folk. lol) But, I was raised that Rednecks keep their redneckin' in their own yards. Not block half the road with their big ass rusted out dump truck or whatever the crap it is. *sigh*
Dude has this big rusted out truck. He backed it into his little "non-driveway" driveway a couple weeks ago (just after a good rain, I might add) and it got stuck. Last week he and a redneck pal of his tried pulling it out with a pick-up. Yeah. I never said rednecks were all that bright. Remember. I'm only HALF. But anyhow, yeah. The pick-up couldn't pull it out but it didn't stop the dumbass from trying. And making a heck of a lot of noise while doing so. AND mucking up our formerly perty paved road while doing so. Yeah. He put rutts in it. *mutters curses under breath*
So after he disturbed the neighborhood for about four hours that night he finally gave up. Monday night a big semi wrecker type thing pulled up with all it's semi noise and about three hours, a semi horn blast and some shouting later, they finally had it pulled out...only to park it on what I'm assuiming they thought was the side of the road. What it actually was, was the left lane of the road. @$%#^&(
This morning the truck was gone but he'd left the orange cones in the road meaning I suppose that the truck will be back.
*sigh*
Would it be unneighborly of me to call our landlord (we share one) and complain? I mean, dude could retaliate by saying he can hear me yelling "LIIII-BBBBYYY" all hours of the night and has to see me in my pj's after 5pm and before 7am but you know what? I keep my redneck in my yard and yelling for dogs is par for the course. If he don't like my pj's he sure as crap don't have to look at 'em. I, however, hafta look at that crappy rusted out truck every time I'm forced to drive around it.
Anyway, I'm done ranting about it. Now I need to say a prayer for him and myself because I'm being so ungracious. I mean, I know he must need the truck for work or something and since he has no yard and just got it unstuck from the "driveway" he has to park it somewhere. I just sort of wish the prior tenants would come back. At least when they serenaded the neighborhood with their keyboard it sounded halfway decent. Pretty good, actually.
I'm just a cranky pants.
Devil pup was a cranky pants last night. And just plain out bad. I swear, she's got this little strip of the carpet where it meets the kitchen tile just stripped bare. If my landlord ever sees it I'm probably in for it. *sigh* Short of beating her senseless, I don't know what else to do to get her to stop. She always does it when I'm busy doing something. I've tried swatting her with the newspaper, putting her in her crate, yelling, pleading, begging and threatening to give her away and nothing works. I even tried covering it with a rug and she merely pulled the rug off and went at it.
And she's soooo tired of having to "bag" her cast when we go out. It's still so damp outside, though that I have to do it every time I take her outside to keep it from getting wet. Of course, I take all this precaution, am so careful with it and what does she do? Splash it in her water bowl. *shakes head and whimpers* If she weren't wearing that cone collar she'd have probably bitten me last night, too, she was so tired of it.
Oh, but I do have some good news. Just got an email from Sis1. She, BIL and Emmy are coming Sunday night instead of Monday meaning that they'll be here Christmas Eve. I always love it when they stay Christmas Eve because it means I get to see Emmy do all her Santa stuff. Plus, it's more fun with more family there because Mama and Daddy tend to want to do more. When it's just me, they're all like, "We're too tired to get in the spirit. Blah, blah, blah."
And you know, I'm still a big ol' kid at heart. I like to be all silly and stupid and do fun stuff. I'm 'bout the only one though. I'm sure I could get Emmy to be silly with me, though. She's pretty silly most of the time anyway.
Okay, so I think that's everything.
So, ya'll all have a wonderful, joyful, peaceful Christmas. Be safe. Be merry. Be jolly and most importantly, be happy. Remember, Jesus loves you and so do I.
ROFLOL
So yeah, this is my very last post to all you lovely loyal peeps who find it in your hearts to keep up with my insanity. Well, my last post this YEAR, anyway. Unless, you know, I decide to come back later today and harrass ya'll some more. Which is entirely possibly cuz I'm mean like that. ;-)
But before I get to all the sappy yadda yadda Merry Christmas see ya next year crap, here's what's happened since I left ya'll yesterday.
My neighbor. I'm beginning to wish he'd get sucked up by aliens and forced to live as a man slave on Mars or something. Or, you know, at LEAST keep his redneck from interferring with my life. *sigh*
So, yeah, he's not white trash as I previously stated. Dude is all Redneck. I got nuthin' against Rednecks seeing as I'm half Redneck myself. (on my daddy's side. My mama's side of the family are simply poor white preacher folk. lol) But, I was raised that Rednecks keep their redneckin' in their own yards. Not block half the road with their big ass rusted out dump truck or whatever the crap it is. *sigh*
Dude has this big rusted out truck. He backed it into his little "non-driveway" driveway a couple weeks ago (just after a good rain, I might add) and it got stuck. Last week he and a redneck pal of his tried pulling it out with a pick-up. Yeah. I never said rednecks were all that bright. Remember. I'm only HALF. But anyhow, yeah. The pick-up couldn't pull it out but it didn't stop the dumbass from trying. And making a heck of a lot of noise while doing so. AND mucking up our formerly perty paved road while doing so. Yeah. He put rutts in it. *mutters curses under breath*
So after he disturbed the neighborhood for about four hours that night he finally gave up. Monday night a big semi wrecker type thing pulled up with all it's semi noise and about three hours, a semi horn blast and some shouting later, they finally had it pulled out...only to park it on what I'm assuiming they thought was the side of the road. What it actually was, was the left lane of the road. @$%#^&(
This morning the truck was gone but he'd left the orange cones in the road meaning I suppose that the truck will be back.
*sigh*
Would it be unneighborly of me to call our landlord (we share one) and complain? I mean, dude could retaliate by saying he can hear me yelling "LIIII-BBBBYYY" all hours of the night and has to see me in my pj's after 5pm and before 7am but you know what? I keep my redneck in my yard and yelling for dogs is par for the course. If he don't like my pj's he sure as crap don't have to look at 'em. I, however, hafta look at that crappy rusted out truck every time I'm forced to drive around it.
Anyway, I'm done ranting about it. Now I need to say a prayer for him and myself because I'm being so ungracious. I mean, I know he must need the truck for work or something and since he has no yard and just got it unstuck from the "driveway" he has to park it somewhere. I just sort of wish the prior tenants would come back. At least when they serenaded the neighborhood with their keyboard it sounded halfway decent. Pretty good, actually.
I'm just a cranky pants.
Devil pup was a cranky pants last night. And just plain out bad. I swear, she's got this little strip of the carpet where it meets the kitchen tile just stripped bare. If my landlord ever sees it I'm probably in for it. *sigh* Short of beating her senseless, I don't know what else to do to get her to stop. She always does it when I'm busy doing something. I've tried swatting her with the newspaper, putting her in her crate, yelling, pleading, begging and threatening to give her away and nothing works. I even tried covering it with a rug and she merely pulled the rug off and went at it.
And she's soooo tired of having to "bag" her cast when we go out. It's still so damp outside, though that I have to do it every time I take her outside to keep it from getting wet. Of course, I take all this precaution, am so careful with it and what does she do? Splash it in her water bowl. *shakes head and whimpers* If she weren't wearing that cone collar she'd have probably bitten me last night, too, she was so tired of it.
Oh, but I do have some good news. Just got an email from Sis1. She, BIL and Emmy are coming Sunday night instead of Monday meaning that they'll be here Christmas Eve. I always love it when they stay Christmas Eve because it means I get to see Emmy do all her Santa stuff. Plus, it's more fun with more family there because Mama and Daddy tend to want to do more. When it's just me, they're all like, "We're too tired to get in the spirit. Blah, blah, blah."
And you know, I'm still a big ol' kid at heart. I like to be all silly and stupid and do fun stuff. I'm 'bout the only one though. I'm sure I could get Emmy to be silly with me, though. She's pretty silly most of the time anyway.
Okay, so I think that's everything.
So, ya'll all have a wonderful, joyful, peaceful Christmas. Be safe. Be merry. Be jolly and most importantly, be happy. Remember, Jesus loves you and so do I.
Comments
Here's hoping that you have a Merry Christmas and that you enjoy your time off from work. Happy New Year's to you and I'll see you in 2007. = ) Too bad your neighbor is such a yokel. Maybe he'll get a clue someday soon.
Loved your insight on the next door neighbor!!
Kate