Rain in the forcast...

Did I not just say that my luck would bring rain???

*sigh*

No, it's not actually raining yet but the weatherman said this morning that it's coming. 55-something percent chance today and tomorrow. And me and Libby haven't quite yet figured out this whole "covering the cast" thing. I covered it this morning with a sandwhich bag and a rubber band and before she got in the house it came off. Luckily there wasn't any dew on the ground. So...not looking forward to rain.

Speaking of rain, though, when it rain, it does pour.

Sunday morning I called my mom to get her oppinion on what to do about Libby and she told me some more bad news. My dad's dad was in a car accident Saturday night. A car pulled out in front of him and he hit it. He's in his 70's, not the best of health, either, so that sent him in an ambulance to Tupelo. He was in ICU until yesterday when they moved him to a room. So far, he's doing okay. He's got a really bad cut over his eye and a gash in the back of his head where his head hit the back glass of his truck.

I haven't been to see him, though. None of us have. Our relationship with him is...well, it's not a Norman Rockwell scene, that's for sure. I love him. I do. But the man I love is the Pa-paw he was when I was a kid. Somewhere in the midst of me growing up, he sort of dissappeared from our lives. Oh, he still lives in the same house with my step-grandmother. But in nearly ever sense of the word, he was gone. Gone from my life.

Not to air too much of the family dirty laundry, but he and my dad have issues. Issues that apparently came to blows at some point while I was growing up. One day he was there and the next he wasn't. And no one ever explained to me back then why that was. And even years later I still don't know the story. I don't even think my mom knows. My dad? I'm not certain he even understands it. Other than to say that their relationship was always tumultuous, at best.

And, well, other factors have kept us away. Factors that hurt. Factors like...he doesn't want us there. So much so that the only way we even found out about his accident was through my mom's brother (a volunteer EMT) who worked the accident. My mom had to track down one of my cousins (his wife, actually) to get any details.

It hurts to think about it so I try not to. And with Libby on the injured list, it's easy to ignore the human injury. I long to be there, to see for myself that he's alright but...I suppose if the time is right I'll go. Maybe we all will.

At anyrate, turns out, the news of his accident wasn't the last of my troubles this weekend. The car struck again. This time, at church. I was late getting out there so I missed being able to ride to church with my parents. So, I had to take my car on up there. I didn't pray enough, I suppose because when I went to leave it pulled it's not cranking stunt. I, of course, am used to it's pernsickety behavior. I know that it will, eventually, stay cranked. But to the folks standing in the church parking lot? I was the spectacle. I tried to ignore the fact that there was anyone around. But then I looked up. Every eye? On me. Color me embarrassed. *sigh* One old timer came over to offer his assistance...which consisted of him suggesting that I'd flooded it. I hadn't. I knew I hadn't. It then did, of course, finally stay cranked and the old timer took the credit for "fixing" my car and I zoomed out of the parking lot.

The car will be taken in at some point this week. While I'm accruing more debt (pup's bill was actually $175...I misheard her and noticed it on the bill last night.) I may as well get my car fixed, right?

*bangs head on desk*

I hate taking my car in. I hate dealing with mechanics and more than that, I hate shelling out the dough.

Wish I could when a lottery.

And to just add a little gravy to all this heaping pile o' crap that my life is coming to, my mom told me this morning that HER dad will likely be admitted to the hospital this week due to some problems HE'S having. I think he goes to the doctor with it today.

You know what? Screw hoping 2007 is better than 2006. I just pray I can SURVIVE IT!

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL...don't mean to laugh at your troubles. I completely understand. Same thing happened to me about a month ago. *sigh* It WILL get better! :)

Doing well. Just wanted you to know to expect a giant package from me shortly. It's a combination of your prize and a little something for Christmas. Thank you for your patience. It's really appreciated! :)
Anonymous said…
Jana, Hugs to you and Libby. I swear, somedays it doesn't pay to get out of the bed. Here's hoping that things look brighter for you both and for the rest of the family.
Heather said…
(((hugs)))

I hope both of your grandfathers will be okay, that Libby continues to heal, and that the car makes it to its doctor appointment without any more problems. 2007 HAS to be better, doesn't it?

*sigh*

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today