Bah! Or Whatever.
So yesterday...yeah. *sigh*
Thanks Heather, Kristie and Kaitlin. Ya'll are da BEST! You may not know it, but your words did help.
So I had my good cry, gave myself a stern talking to and reitterated what I've always known. I'm okay. And as Kristie said, whatever will be will be. It's up to me to make myself happy about whatever happens.
So, on with my life, right?
I finished Melissa Senate's novel, Love You To Death and can I just say...It RAWKS. :-) A good mystery combined with Melissa's unique chick-litty voice and all the things I've loved about her previous books wrapped up in a very cool and fun package involving a seriously hawt detective named Ben. Yum-O. *swoon*
Devil Pup was seriously agitated with me about it, too. I was reading (which she hates) while she was trying everything she knew to do to distract me. But I was undeterred. It was just that good. Of course, now I have to make it up to her by giving her my full undivided attention tonight. If only she could share just a tenth of her energy it might not be such a daunting task!
I swear, she's like a toddler. You know, into EVERYTHING. Some days I feel like all I say is, "What are you doing?" "Stop that!" "Spit that out!" "Come back here with that sock!" "You have to go outside, AGAIN?"
It's very exhausting, I tell you. And when I'm depressed and PMSing? Ugh! Fuggetaboutit! Nothin' doing. I was standing out in the rain with her Monday night doing everything in my power to not sit on the wet ground and cry my eyeballs out.
That's another thing. She has no sympathy for tears. She scratched my face last night trying to give me sugar (she's very aggressive with her kisses...I tease her about being a man in a past life!) and I yelped and it hurt so I cried a minute and all the while she's still trying to get to my face and when I finally just GOT UP she sat there panting, this full on grin on her face. Bad, I tell you. Bad.
Fortunatley, she didn't break the skin but dang...it still hurt. I need to make an appointment to get her nails clipped but am scared to take her to the vet again after that debacle of removing her cast...you know, when she gave the tech a bloody nose? Yeah. Somehow I'm thinkin' we ain't that popular around there anymore...
Talked to a high school buddy the other night (the one who informed me of my former crush's engagement) about the planning of our ten year reunion. I'm so disgusted. I'm hoping I can wash my hands of the whole affair and leave it to those who are taking it over. Somehow, I just saw us having this big picnic casual thing at the lake. You know, bring your family type thing. Well, the other girls on the committee have unilaterally decided that it's going to be this semi-formal dinner and dancing thing complete with DJ, table cloths and centerpeices...and they want to sell TICKETS to it. To people we didn't even graduate with! Who were never in our class, even!
I'm not sure I even want to go, now. Not like I liked all that many people from high school, anyway. I can name like maybe a handful of people that didn't make me homicidal. And they probably won't even show up...except the girl I've been talking to on the phone about it. She was class president and I was treasurer so we're on the planning committee together. But she's in Florida and I'm here and the other three girls are in our old hometown together and well, yeah. So they're running the show. Fine by me. Let them have it...
Sis1's birthday is coming up next week. She'll be 33. I still can't believe that we're all not still teenagers. I mean, come October I'll be the only one still in her 20's! (And even I'll be 28 by then!) But anyway, she and Emmy (and possibly BIL if he isn't out of town) are coming home next weekend and I've promised her supper at the resteraunt of her choice. Which is more than she offered me on MY birthday. Sure, she treated me to supper for my last birthday but she didn't really let me pick the place. Of course, it's my own fault because I told her I didn't care when I actually did. But I know she doesn't care for the place that I wanted to go to. It's one of those stupid things where I'd hoped she KNEW where I wanted to go and would take me whether it was to her taste or not but she didn't and then I was sore about. It's silly, really, expecting other people to just KNOW what will make you happy. You never get what you want without asking for it...duh! This year when/if she asks I'm going to tell her straight up. No choices. Old Venice or nothin'!
hehehehehe
I know. Probably not but it sounded good, didn't it?
Anyway, I have lots of issues that need resolving at work so I gotta split. Ya'll be good or at least good at it. ;-)
Thanks Heather, Kristie and Kaitlin. Ya'll are da BEST! You may not know it, but your words did help.
So I had my good cry, gave myself a stern talking to and reitterated what I've always known. I'm okay. And as Kristie said, whatever will be will be. It's up to me to make myself happy about whatever happens.
So, on with my life, right?
I finished Melissa Senate's novel, Love You To Death and can I just say...It RAWKS. :-) A good mystery combined with Melissa's unique chick-litty voice and all the things I've loved about her previous books wrapped up in a very cool and fun package involving a seriously hawt detective named Ben. Yum-O. *swoon*
Devil Pup was seriously agitated with me about it, too. I was reading (which she hates) while she was trying everything she knew to do to distract me. But I was undeterred. It was just that good. Of course, now I have to make it up to her by giving her my full undivided attention tonight. If only she could share just a tenth of her energy it might not be such a daunting task!
I swear, she's like a toddler. You know, into EVERYTHING. Some days I feel like all I say is, "What are you doing?" "Stop that!" "Spit that out!" "Come back here with that sock!" "You have to go outside, AGAIN?"
It's very exhausting, I tell you. And when I'm depressed and PMSing? Ugh! Fuggetaboutit! Nothin' doing. I was standing out in the rain with her Monday night doing everything in my power to not sit on the wet ground and cry my eyeballs out.
That's another thing. She has no sympathy for tears. She scratched my face last night trying to give me sugar (she's very aggressive with her kisses...I tease her about being a man in a past life!) and I yelped and it hurt so I cried a minute and all the while she's still trying to get to my face and when I finally just GOT UP she sat there panting, this full on grin on her face. Bad, I tell you. Bad.
Fortunatley, she didn't break the skin but dang...it still hurt. I need to make an appointment to get her nails clipped but am scared to take her to the vet again after that debacle of removing her cast...you know, when she gave the tech a bloody nose? Yeah. Somehow I'm thinkin' we ain't that popular around there anymore...
Talked to a high school buddy the other night (the one who informed me of my former crush's engagement) about the planning of our ten year reunion. I'm so disgusted. I'm hoping I can wash my hands of the whole affair and leave it to those who are taking it over. Somehow, I just saw us having this big picnic casual thing at the lake. You know, bring your family type thing. Well, the other girls on the committee have unilaterally decided that it's going to be this semi-formal dinner and dancing thing complete with DJ, table cloths and centerpeices...and they want to sell TICKETS to it. To people we didn't even graduate with! Who were never in our class, even!
I'm not sure I even want to go, now. Not like I liked all that many people from high school, anyway. I can name like maybe a handful of people that didn't make me homicidal. And they probably won't even show up...except the girl I've been talking to on the phone about it. She was class president and I was treasurer so we're on the planning committee together. But she's in Florida and I'm here and the other three girls are in our old hometown together and well, yeah. So they're running the show. Fine by me. Let them have it...
Sis1's birthday is coming up next week. She'll be 33. I still can't believe that we're all not still teenagers. I mean, come October I'll be the only one still in her 20's! (And even I'll be 28 by then!) But anyway, she and Emmy (and possibly BIL if he isn't out of town) are coming home next weekend and I've promised her supper at the resteraunt of her choice. Which is more than she offered me on MY birthday. Sure, she treated me to supper for my last birthday but she didn't really let me pick the place. Of course, it's my own fault because I told her I didn't care when I actually did. But I know she doesn't care for the place that I wanted to go to. It's one of those stupid things where I'd hoped she KNEW where I wanted to go and would take me whether it was to her taste or not but she didn't and then I was sore about. It's silly, really, expecting other people to just KNOW what will make you happy. You never get what you want without asking for it...duh! This year when/if she asks I'm going to tell her straight up. No choices. Old Venice or nothin'!
hehehehehe
I know. Probably not but it sounded good, didn't it?
Anyway, I have lots of issues that need resolving at work so I gotta split. Ya'll be good or at least good at it. ;-)
Comments
I am just like you! A lot of times, I will tell Chris, (my husband) "I don't care, whatever you want for dinner." But of course I do, and I have something that I am so craving, and then get mad when he picks something else. Oh well... can't expect what we don't ask for!
So...end of the week rolls around and I still feel like crud and tell friends I'd rather get a pizza and eat in while watching a movie or something. The aforementioned friend pitched a fit because the kids had just had pizza two nights before. First, I told her I wanted to do pizza in advance for a reason. Second, what kid would balk at pizza twice in three nights? And third, either way it was MY birthday and she should have sucked it up and not said anything. We did get food we could eat in, but I ended up not only being sick on my birthday but feeling like a heel as well. NOT fun.
Last year I was determined that wasn't going to happen again and told them a good month in advance exactly where we were going, whether they liked it or not, and repeated it a few times. I'm sure S wasn't happy, but it was my birthday, and I never complain about where they want to go on their birthdays.
Moral of the story, if you want to be happy on your birthday you have to stand up for yourself and put your foot down. It's your day, you should celebrate it where and how you like. Don't let your family push you around this year! ;)
Heather~That sucks!
My folks ALWAYS let me pick what I want. Steak, shrimp, whatever. If they can afford it, they cook it for me. Sometimes I don't always ask them for what I really want because I know they can't afford it but that's different.
Anyway, it's my own fault. I'm a people pleaser, you know. Gotta make everybody happy...'cept myself. *shrugs*
I'm super busy at work. I'm actually "stealing" a minute right now. heheheheh