The Dissertation Part Two
Okay, just so you know, I don’t have a problem with Charmed. I love Charmed. So much so that I’ve seen the re-runs so much that I can quote the dialog along with the characters and tell what season it is by the sister’s hair. Well, except for maybe Piper after season 2. Then she generally has the one hairstyle for the rest of the series. I just don’t want anyone thinking I don’t like Charmed. Like “settling” for it is a bad thing. It’s just…well, sometimes it’d be nice to watch something different. Like, you know, Good Deal with Dave Lieberman on Food Network.
Okay, on with the completion (I hope) of this dissertation. lol
Monday, December 25, 2006
So Christmas Day dawned really early for me. I woke up to go potty sometime around 4:30 and COULD NOT go back to sleep afterward. I couldn’t breath. My allergies or whatever had kicked up and stopped my nose up. I tried to get back to sleep, though. Lord knows I did. I flipped and flopped and tossed and turned, tried breathing through my mouth until I finally gave it up somewhere around 5:30 and just flipped the light on and grabbed the book I’d been smart enough to bring. Mary Higgens-Clark’s Silent Night. Appropriate, no?
So anyway, It’s like, the buttcrack of dawn, all is calm, all is…well, not bright, but it’s quiet, anyway. Save for the snoring on the other side of the wall. I’m sitting all comfy and cross legged in my bed reading away and then…
Mama peaks her head in. “What are you doing awake so early?”
“I couldn’t breath so I thought it better to get up than, you know, die.”
She snorts, shakes her head and continues on down the hall to take the dogs out. I go back to my book. I’m getting into the story (a gripping kidnapping story, btw) and then…
Sis1 doesn’t bother to peak in. She waltzes right on in. “What are you doing awake so early?”
“Reading.” Nose to book.
Sis1 continues on into the room and cozies up on the foot of my bed and starts to chatter. I put my book away because it’s Christmas and Emmy wouldn’t appreciate a headless mother, I’m sure. Besides, it’s all about peace and love and junk, right? So I chat with her a bit until the Devil Pup, who Mama sprung from her crate, barrels into the room for some lovin’. Then we decide we may as well go to the kitchen and join the others who are apparently awake by now.
Libby chows down on her breakfast while we huddle around the kitchen counter wondering when Miss Emmy would awaken and make her appearance to check out her loot. By then it’s like going on 6:30 and, well, when we were kids we’d have been pestering our parents to get up by 5:30.
Libby decides that she has to poop so I take her back outside and it’s as we’re returning that Emmy rushes into the living room and right away spots her DVD’s. Bypasses the little razor scooter prominently displayed in front. It takes her five DVD’s and a book to notice it. Needless to say, after that we had to make her park it and finish going through her presents.
She wracked up. I, on the other hand, had to be content watching everyone ELSE open THEIR presents. I finally got to open one from Sis1 and then…nuthin’. Everyone else was finished opening. Emmy was back on her scooter, Libby was eating wrapping paper and then…FINALLY, my mom disappears down the hall and comes back out with a big box.
“Oh, look what I found in the back,” she grins as she hands it to me.
Santa didn’t forget me, afterall.
It’s the VCR/DVD combo recorder that I wanted and thought I wasn’t going to get. (which I’m already having trouble with the stupid thing. Anyone know why it won’t let me switch from DVD to VCR now since it was working fine last week???)
So then we disperse to the kitchen for breakfast and I don’t really remember much after that until Sis2 and Goofus get there. Oh, wait. I do remember the dueling snorers. Daddy had a headache so he went back to sleep in his recliner. BIL (sis1’s hubby) is a lazy bum so he went back to his room and went to sleep and they both snored. Loudly. Shake the walls snoring.
Okay, THEN I remember Sis2 and Goofus getting there. I got one more present (a red scarf and gloves set) and Emmy had Christmas all over again. And then we were sneaking around trying to figure out what to do with our big surprise.
You see, we’d all gone in together to buy Daddy a new grill. The plan was that we’d get him outside and surprise him with it. But with his headache (a mild migraine) he didn’t feel much like doing more than sleeping. And we couldn’t exactly expect him to really appreciate it when he’s in pain like that. So we were all kinda bummed thinking, what do we do now?
So Mama came up with a brilliant idea. She got a handy dandy new digital camera from Daddy. Jana snaps picture of grill, Mama catches Daddy awake and when he says he feels a little better she shows him the picture.
Not quite the reaction we were hoping for but it was sufficient.
Then Sis2 and Goofus pulled out a poem announcing the impending birth of their spawn and we all cried, laughed and told each other, “I knew she was pregnant” when actually we were all equally blindsided.
Then we headed up to my grandparents for late lunch/early supper. It was super quiet because all my cousins were sick and so it was just our crew, my grandparents and my great aunt, Grace. Everyone was all, “It’s so nice and quiet. I hate that they’re sick but…”
And yeah, it was quiet, but…I missed the craziness. All the kids running around screaming and shouting and complaining that there’s NOTHING to eat. It’s just not the same without the whole bunch being there. I’m sure I’ll eat my words come April and Easter.
We finally got home and Sis2 and Goofus were spending the night. My folks had bought a queen size air mattress for them to sleep on since Goofus is 6’5” and all the spare beds were occupied besides. Unfortunately the folks didn’t do a test run of the air mattress prior to that night LIKE I TOLD THEM TO and well, it deflated halfway through the night.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who has these embarrassing things happen. You know, how things always go wrong when Sis1 stays at my hovel.
Tuesday December 26, 2006
So I wake up sort of early that morning. Mostly the Devil Pup got me up. We had to put her crate in my room so she wouldn’t disturb or be disturbed by Sis2 and Goofus in the living room with their deflated air mattress. Libby and I have never slept in the same room before. So it was tricky trying to convince her not to whine when she saw me climb into bed.
But then, around 6am, she had to go potty. So I had to sneak through the living room with her to ease outside and then sneak back past only to learn later that both Sis2 and Goofus were already awake and enjoyed watching me sneak through. *rolls eyes*
From there the day got better. I don’t remember what all we did, except talk, eat and talk some more but it was fun. Sis1 left for home around 10am, leaving Emmy behind to spend the week with Nana and Bobo. Sis2 and Goofus were still there when I left at 5pm. Not sure when they went home.
But Libby and I were sure glad to be back in our own territory. Love the folks and sisters to death but sometimes it’s nice to sit back in your jammies on your own couch and watch drivel on television.
Wednesday, December 27
Got up. Ate a bagel. Drank copious amounts of coffee. Watched the Family Stone on HBO and ate. And ate. And ate.
Oh, did I not mention that I got sent home with a buttload of treats, snacks and goodies? Yeah. And well, I have the willpower of a gnat. So I ate. I ate half of everything I brought home.
Thursday, December 28, 2006
I ate the other half of the treats I brought home.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Got up. Ate my bagel and cream cheese. Drank copious amounts of coffee.
Sis1 called and asked could she spend the night with me. I say sure but secretly though, CRAP!
Not because I didn’t want her to stay with me. It just meant I had to run to the grocery store and buy necessities. Like food.
I came home with two sacks of groceries and five sacks of after-Christmas markdowns. (Mr. MasterCard thinks he’s my best friend again. Little did he know that I was just using him until I came down off the Christmas buying happy high.)
And it was as I was putting away my groceries and sale loot that I took a look around the house. My gracious! It was a MESS. Stacks of coffee mugs in the sink. Spoons and cream cheese laden butter knives fanned out all over the counter. All my Christmas loot was still stacked on top of the dining room table where I’d dumped it Tuesday night. (What did I do for two days??)
So I had to make a mad cleaning dash. Hooked up the VCR/DVD recorder. Hooked my old DVD player and VCR up in my bedroom and was just settling in watching a new DVD I’d purchased earlier that day when Sis1 pulls up.
So much for resting.
So I had to explain to her what was going on with the movie and yes, I got the DiGiorno pizza she wanted for supper and no I didn’t know whether or not Ghost Whisperer was going to be a re-run but yes we could still watch it if it was.
And so we ate half-baked DiGiorno pizzas while watching a Ghost Whisperer rerun while Sis1 talked on the phone to everyone she ever knew.
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Wouldn’t you know it, I not only had to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to take mine AND Sis1’s dog out but I also had to make the coffee and make breakfast. And THEN, the cold water knob in the shower had the audacity to come off in Sis1’s hands when she got ready to get her shower.
I was standing in the kitchen sneaking a cold slice of leftover pizza (I don’t like blueberry muffins and that’s all I had to fix for breakfast earlier) when Sis1 comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.
“Uh, Jana? Your cold water knob just came off.”
Blank stare as I swallow my pizza.
“It what?”
“It fell off. I managed to get it turned back off.”
She follows me to the bathroom where indeed the cold water knob is sitting in the bathtub floor. I pick it up and look at it. Look at where it should be and shrug. “Guess I’ll have to call the landlord on Tuesday.”
She looks at me. Looks at the knob.
“I still need to get a shower.”
“What do you want me to do about it?”
Looks at me. Looks at the knob.
I shrug, set the knob back down and tell her, “Wait till we get to Mama and Daddy’s and get a shower.”
Pained look from her.
I shrug again and wonder if I can sneak that last piece of pizza while she’s getting dressed. Probably not.
Of course I hear her on the phone later with our aunt. “Yeah, I’ve got to leave here earlier than I thought. Jana’s cold water knob came off and I’ve got to shower at Mama and Daddy’s.”
She thinks I can’t hear the derision in her voice but I can. Okay. So maybe it wasn’t derision in her voice so much as it was me imagining derision because I’m still battling with that shame/pride thing.
Once she’s gone, I take my time getting my bag packed, still thinking about that slice of pizza but decide I’d better wait. I can enjoy it later when I’m not in a hurry.
Load up the car. Double back for the dog and I’m off.
My mom’s family is the larger of our two sides. She has 9 brothers and sisters and so we always have her family’s Christmas gathering the week AFTER Christmas. Generally on New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day but being that the Eve was on a Sunday and at least two of my uncles are preachers, we couldn’t do that. And that pretty much knocked out NYD, too.
Unfortunately, two of my uncles and an aunt can’t make it due to one being a preacher and living in Arkansas, one being a putz and going to south Mississippi with his wife and the aunt living in Denver. (Still has FOUR FEET of snow!)
But it was fun anyway. Mostly. I don’t really remember much after the screaming and hollering and baby club meeting that commenced post impending Goofus’s spawn news is delivered. I do remember the near fight my mom and aunt’s had over the knit throw I’d contributed to the Dirty Santa game. They weren’t really fighting but it was pretty funny the way they all stole it from each other whenever they had the chance.
Sis1 and I left there and went to my great aunt Lynn’s house. A visit that I THOUGHT was going to be a quick visit. It wasn’t. We ended up staying for supper. It was fun but by then I was tired and ready to go home. Mama dropped Emmy off on her way home and Aunt Lynn had some presents for her one of which was a Uno set. So guess what Jana did while Sis1 and the aunt visited. Yep. Uno! It was actually fun even though I did have to help Emmy beat me at it. lol
When we finally got back to Mama and Daddy’s I got the lecture on leaving them to take care of my dog. As if they’ve ever had to do it before. But whatever.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
So New Year’s Eve saw Sis1 and Emmy heading home. They wanted to spend New Year’s Eve at their house. They left sometime after the rest of us had gone to church.
So that day was like:
Church, lunch, watch TV, go BACK to church where I wowed the audience with my vocal chops, then home for supper (a to-die for pork tenderloin) and then the struggle to stay awake until midnight. We didn’t make it. We’re old.
Monday, January 1, 2007
Mama and I vegged like a couple of couch tators watching movies, the Rose Parade, eating and all manor of couch tator activities. I went home somewhere around 4:30 and was thankful for it.
Tuesday, January 2, 2007
Got up. Drank copious amounts of coffee. (The bagels were gone.) Watched TV and DVD’s and played with the Devil Pup. Dreaded going back to work.
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Back to work and the start of a terrible four day headache as I’m coming down from the caffeine high I’d been riding for 13 days while on vacation and drinking copious amounts of coffee all day long.
And that, my friends, was my Christmas Vacation.
As for this weekend? Well, you can wait till tomorrow for that, right?
hehehehehe
Okay, on with the completion (I hope) of this dissertation. lol
Monday, December 25, 2006
So Christmas Day dawned really early for me. I woke up to go potty sometime around 4:30 and COULD NOT go back to sleep afterward. I couldn’t breath. My allergies or whatever had kicked up and stopped my nose up. I tried to get back to sleep, though. Lord knows I did. I flipped and flopped and tossed and turned, tried breathing through my mouth until I finally gave it up somewhere around 5:30 and just flipped the light on and grabbed the book I’d been smart enough to bring. Mary Higgens-Clark’s Silent Night. Appropriate, no?
So anyway, It’s like, the buttcrack of dawn, all is calm, all is…well, not bright, but it’s quiet, anyway. Save for the snoring on the other side of the wall. I’m sitting all comfy and cross legged in my bed reading away and then…
Mama peaks her head in. “What are you doing awake so early?”
“I couldn’t breath so I thought it better to get up than, you know, die.”
She snorts, shakes her head and continues on down the hall to take the dogs out. I go back to my book. I’m getting into the story (a gripping kidnapping story, btw) and then…
Sis1 doesn’t bother to peak in. She waltzes right on in. “What are you doing awake so early?”
“Reading.” Nose to book.
Sis1 continues on into the room and cozies up on the foot of my bed and starts to chatter. I put my book away because it’s Christmas and Emmy wouldn’t appreciate a headless mother, I’m sure. Besides, it’s all about peace and love and junk, right? So I chat with her a bit until the Devil Pup, who Mama sprung from her crate, barrels into the room for some lovin’. Then we decide we may as well go to the kitchen and join the others who are apparently awake by now.
Libby chows down on her breakfast while we huddle around the kitchen counter wondering when Miss Emmy would awaken and make her appearance to check out her loot. By then it’s like going on 6:30 and, well, when we were kids we’d have been pestering our parents to get up by 5:30.
Libby decides that she has to poop so I take her back outside and it’s as we’re returning that Emmy rushes into the living room and right away spots her DVD’s. Bypasses the little razor scooter prominently displayed in front. It takes her five DVD’s and a book to notice it. Needless to say, after that we had to make her park it and finish going through her presents.
She wracked up. I, on the other hand, had to be content watching everyone ELSE open THEIR presents. I finally got to open one from Sis1 and then…nuthin’. Everyone else was finished opening. Emmy was back on her scooter, Libby was eating wrapping paper and then…FINALLY, my mom disappears down the hall and comes back out with a big box.
“Oh, look what I found in the back,” she grins as she hands it to me.
Santa didn’t forget me, afterall.
It’s the VCR/DVD combo recorder that I wanted and thought I wasn’t going to get. (which I’m already having trouble with the stupid thing. Anyone know why it won’t let me switch from DVD to VCR now since it was working fine last week???)
So then we disperse to the kitchen for breakfast and I don’t really remember much after that until Sis2 and Goofus get there. Oh, wait. I do remember the dueling snorers. Daddy had a headache so he went back to sleep in his recliner. BIL (sis1’s hubby) is a lazy bum so he went back to his room and went to sleep and they both snored. Loudly. Shake the walls snoring.
Okay, THEN I remember Sis2 and Goofus getting there. I got one more present (a red scarf and gloves set) and Emmy had Christmas all over again. And then we were sneaking around trying to figure out what to do with our big surprise.
You see, we’d all gone in together to buy Daddy a new grill. The plan was that we’d get him outside and surprise him with it. But with his headache (a mild migraine) he didn’t feel much like doing more than sleeping. And we couldn’t exactly expect him to really appreciate it when he’s in pain like that. So we were all kinda bummed thinking, what do we do now?
So Mama came up with a brilliant idea. She got a handy dandy new digital camera from Daddy. Jana snaps picture of grill, Mama catches Daddy awake and when he says he feels a little better she shows him the picture.
Not quite the reaction we were hoping for but it was sufficient.
Then Sis2 and Goofus pulled out a poem announcing the impending birth of their spawn and we all cried, laughed and told each other, “I knew she was pregnant” when actually we were all equally blindsided.
Then we headed up to my grandparents for late lunch/early supper. It was super quiet because all my cousins were sick and so it was just our crew, my grandparents and my great aunt, Grace. Everyone was all, “It’s so nice and quiet. I hate that they’re sick but…”
And yeah, it was quiet, but…I missed the craziness. All the kids running around screaming and shouting and complaining that there’s NOTHING to eat. It’s just not the same without the whole bunch being there. I’m sure I’ll eat my words come April and Easter.
We finally got home and Sis2 and Goofus were spending the night. My folks had bought a queen size air mattress for them to sleep on since Goofus is 6’5” and all the spare beds were occupied besides. Unfortunately the folks didn’t do a test run of the air mattress prior to that night LIKE I TOLD THEM TO and well, it deflated halfway through the night.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who has these embarrassing things happen. You know, how things always go wrong when Sis1 stays at my hovel.
Tuesday December 26, 2006
So I wake up sort of early that morning. Mostly the Devil Pup got me up. We had to put her crate in my room so she wouldn’t disturb or be disturbed by Sis2 and Goofus in the living room with their deflated air mattress. Libby and I have never slept in the same room before. So it was tricky trying to convince her not to whine when she saw me climb into bed.
But then, around 6am, she had to go potty. So I had to sneak through the living room with her to ease outside and then sneak back past only to learn later that both Sis2 and Goofus were already awake and enjoyed watching me sneak through. *rolls eyes*
From there the day got better. I don’t remember what all we did, except talk, eat and talk some more but it was fun. Sis1 left for home around 10am, leaving Emmy behind to spend the week with Nana and Bobo. Sis2 and Goofus were still there when I left at 5pm. Not sure when they went home.
But Libby and I were sure glad to be back in our own territory. Love the folks and sisters to death but sometimes it’s nice to sit back in your jammies on your own couch and watch drivel on television.
Wednesday, December 27
Got up. Ate a bagel. Drank copious amounts of coffee. Watched the Family Stone on HBO and ate. And ate. And ate.
Oh, did I not mention that I got sent home with a buttload of treats, snacks and goodies? Yeah. And well, I have the willpower of a gnat. So I ate. I ate half of everything I brought home.
Thursday, December 28, 2006
I ate the other half of the treats I brought home.
Friday, December 29, 2006
Got up. Ate my bagel and cream cheese. Drank copious amounts of coffee.
Sis1 called and asked could she spend the night with me. I say sure but secretly though, CRAP!
Not because I didn’t want her to stay with me. It just meant I had to run to the grocery store and buy necessities. Like food.
I came home with two sacks of groceries and five sacks of after-Christmas markdowns. (Mr. MasterCard thinks he’s my best friend again. Little did he know that I was just using him until I came down off the Christmas buying happy high.)
And it was as I was putting away my groceries and sale loot that I took a look around the house. My gracious! It was a MESS. Stacks of coffee mugs in the sink. Spoons and cream cheese laden butter knives fanned out all over the counter. All my Christmas loot was still stacked on top of the dining room table where I’d dumped it Tuesday night. (What did I do for two days??)
So I had to make a mad cleaning dash. Hooked up the VCR/DVD recorder. Hooked my old DVD player and VCR up in my bedroom and was just settling in watching a new DVD I’d purchased earlier that day when Sis1 pulls up.
So much for resting.
So I had to explain to her what was going on with the movie and yes, I got the DiGiorno pizza she wanted for supper and no I didn’t know whether or not Ghost Whisperer was going to be a re-run but yes we could still watch it if it was.
And so we ate half-baked DiGiorno pizzas while watching a Ghost Whisperer rerun while Sis1 talked on the phone to everyone she ever knew.
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Wouldn’t you know it, I not only had to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to take mine AND Sis1’s dog out but I also had to make the coffee and make breakfast. And THEN, the cold water knob in the shower had the audacity to come off in Sis1’s hands when she got ready to get her shower.
I was standing in the kitchen sneaking a cold slice of leftover pizza (I don’t like blueberry muffins and that’s all I had to fix for breakfast earlier) when Sis1 comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.
“Uh, Jana? Your cold water knob just came off.”
Blank stare as I swallow my pizza.
“It what?”
“It fell off. I managed to get it turned back off.”
She follows me to the bathroom where indeed the cold water knob is sitting in the bathtub floor. I pick it up and look at it. Look at where it should be and shrug. “Guess I’ll have to call the landlord on Tuesday.”
She looks at me. Looks at the knob.
“I still need to get a shower.”
“What do you want me to do about it?”
Looks at me. Looks at the knob.
I shrug, set the knob back down and tell her, “Wait till we get to Mama and Daddy’s and get a shower.”
Pained look from her.
I shrug again and wonder if I can sneak that last piece of pizza while she’s getting dressed. Probably not.
Of course I hear her on the phone later with our aunt. “Yeah, I’ve got to leave here earlier than I thought. Jana’s cold water knob came off and I’ve got to shower at Mama and Daddy’s.”
She thinks I can’t hear the derision in her voice but I can. Okay. So maybe it wasn’t derision in her voice so much as it was me imagining derision because I’m still battling with that shame/pride thing.
Once she’s gone, I take my time getting my bag packed, still thinking about that slice of pizza but decide I’d better wait. I can enjoy it later when I’m not in a hurry.
Load up the car. Double back for the dog and I’m off.
My mom’s family is the larger of our two sides. She has 9 brothers and sisters and so we always have her family’s Christmas gathering the week AFTER Christmas. Generally on New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day but being that the Eve was on a Sunday and at least two of my uncles are preachers, we couldn’t do that. And that pretty much knocked out NYD, too.
Unfortunately, two of my uncles and an aunt can’t make it due to one being a preacher and living in Arkansas, one being a putz and going to south Mississippi with his wife and the aunt living in Denver. (Still has FOUR FEET of snow!)
But it was fun anyway. Mostly. I don’t really remember much after the screaming and hollering and baby club meeting that commenced post impending Goofus’s spawn news is delivered. I do remember the near fight my mom and aunt’s had over the knit throw I’d contributed to the Dirty Santa game. They weren’t really fighting but it was pretty funny the way they all stole it from each other whenever they had the chance.
Sis1 and I left there and went to my great aunt Lynn’s house. A visit that I THOUGHT was going to be a quick visit. It wasn’t. We ended up staying for supper. It was fun but by then I was tired and ready to go home. Mama dropped Emmy off on her way home and Aunt Lynn had some presents for her one of which was a Uno set. So guess what Jana did while Sis1 and the aunt visited. Yep. Uno! It was actually fun even though I did have to help Emmy beat me at it. lol
When we finally got back to Mama and Daddy’s I got the lecture on leaving them to take care of my dog. As if they’ve ever had to do it before. But whatever.
Sunday, December 31, 2006
So New Year’s Eve saw Sis1 and Emmy heading home. They wanted to spend New Year’s Eve at their house. They left sometime after the rest of us had gone to church.
So that day was like:
Church, lunch, watch TV, go BACK to church where I wowed the audience with my vocal chops, then home for supper (a to-die for pork tenderloin) and then the struggle to stay awake until midnight. We didn’t make it. We’re old.
Monday, January 1, 2007
Mama and I vegged like a couple of couch tators watching movies, the Rose Parade, eating and all manor of couch tator activities. I went home somewhere around 4:30 and was thankful for it.
Tuesday, January 2, 2007
Got up. Drank copious amounts of coffee. (The bagels were gone.) Watched TV and DVD’s and played with the Devil Pup. Dreaded going back to work.
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Back to work and the start of a terrible four day headache as I’m coming down from the caffeine high I’d been riding for 13 days while on vacation and drinking copious amounts of coffee all day long.
And that, my friends, was my Christmas Vacation.
As for this weekend? Well, you can wait till tomorrow for that, right?
hehehehehe
Comments
“It fell off. I managed to get it turned back off.”
She looks at me. Looks at the knob.
“I still need to get a shower.”
At which point I would have asked, "Why'd you break it then?" and walked off. I mean, sheesh...like you planned it or there was anything YOU could do about it. Guess in order to please your sister you'll have to forget the preacher and find yourself a plumber. Hehe...
(Yes, I know I've evil - but you love me anyway!)
...and then the struggle to stay awake until midnight. We didn’t make it. We’re old.
Excuse me?? Did you miss the email about my friends and I staying up until 4am? Okay, so we somehow slept through the Rose Parade this year, but we were all up before noon to watch our Badgers kick some Arkansas hog butt. *WEG* Of course, I then had a sore throat for two days from all the screaming and cheering we did NYE (Packer game...beat the Bears on their turf, hehe) and NYD.
Hope you got the DVD/video player figured out, and enjoyed your new movie (Let me guess...The Devil Wears Prada??).
Heather~Thanks. Now I have visions of plumber cracks in my head.
And as for the midnight thing...I coulda made it but what would the point have been.I was with my parents who were both dozing. Real fun stuff there! NOT!
LOL
While visions of plumber cracks danced in her head..."
ROFLMBO...glad to know my work here is complete. *WEG*
ROFLOL