Spit on Blogger!

What the crap is up with Blogger these days. I'm starting to think it doesn't like me anymore. Because I haven't made the switch to Beta? Is Beta that great that it maintains the right to snub those of us wary of so-called "improvements"? Bah!

Anyway, yeah. Blogger is the reason for my abscence yesterday. I tried numerous times to get on here and drop a line or five but...*sigh* Nothin' doin'.

So...

Yeah, I basically got told this morning that I'm not very attractive. Not grotesque either, mind you, but definitely not attractive. Or even remotely pretty.

Great way to start a Friday morning, let me tell you. LOL

Nah, the person who said it wasn't being malicious or trying to hurt my feelings. Mostly it was just a case of her putting her foot in her mouth. LOL But it's nice to know for sure that I'm NOT as pretty as I think I'm not. hehehe (Did that even make sense?)

So anyway, I'm extremely glad that today is Friday. This has been a long week and I'm sooo looking forward to my three day weekend. Oh, yeah. I get Monday off! (I'm somehow always feel guilty about celebrating about being off on MLK day because, you know, it's kinda sad as to exactly WHY we're getting off but...I can't help being happy that I AM off. :-/ )

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself on this long weekend. I know I need to get the house cleaned up. It's starting to resemble the great outdoors since I haven't vacuumed in ages and Libby and I have tracked in a plethora of leaves, dirt, pine needles and Lord knows what else. AND the kitchen is a disaster area. *sigh* What can I say? I'm a slug when it comes to cleaning.

I also want to get some serious writing done. The muse has been super chatty the past few days and I sooooo want to play with her while she's still speaking to me. The writing I've been doing lately has largely been for Drifters (at eHarlequin.com) and while that's great and fun and keeps my friends happy (at least I HOPE it does!) it isn't necessarily getting me anywhere near being published. Which, even if I only ever get published once and even if no one but my most loyal of friends read it, I want to one day be able to say "That's my name on the cover of that book."

I also want to one day be able to say that yes, George Clooney and I are very happy together and looking forward to our three million dollar wedding in Italy.

hehehehe

I figure the getting published thing would be infinitely more likely to happen, though.

Sis1 is seriously considering trying for another baby. She's got pregnancy lust now that Sis2 is knocked up. Don't be lookin' for ME to get that pregnancy lust. I'd much prefer to remain a mere aunt who gets to spoil the young'uns and send 'em home thankyouverymuch.

I would leave ya'll some pictures today but Blogger isn't co-operating. :-p~~~

*mumbles* Stoopid Blogger.

Ya'll are likely sick to death of pictures from me anyhow, though, right? But on the offchance that you aren't you can visit the albums I have on my 360 page and view them there. Of course, there are some repeats of the ones already posted here but *shrugs* they're there if you wanna take a peak. Or you can wait until Blogger is out of it's snit. Whichever.

Well, I'm in need of coffee and the muse says she's got one more thing that she wants me to write before I go get loaded on caffien and sugar....

Catch ya'll on Tuesday. Keep it safe, keep it real and as always, keep it semi-homemade.

Whoops! Slipped in to Sandra Lee from the Food Network there for a second! hehehehe

Comments

Heather said…
Hey, no fair! I want a three day weekend, lol. Hope you get your cleaning and some writing done. Go Jana go! I'm sure Libby will be more than happy to assist you. Hehe...

As for Blogger... *Sigh* It's NOT just you. I still can't upload images to my blog using IE. Nope, I have to use the AOL browser. Which means it's most likely IE causing blogger issues *OR* the two of them are refusing to play nice together. Gotta love those incompatibility issues... NOT!
Anonymous said…
Okeydokey! :) So, if you're looking for a writing buddy...*waving madly* I'm here! I'm in serious need of a writer buddy and since you're writing...well, you know how it goes. he-he

My brain is fried! Was sick with food poisoning or something and am now finally at fighting strength. *snicker* I don't even know what that means. LOL! Anyway, just popped over to say whatup? and to wish you a nice, long weekend you lucky dog! Later!
Kristie said…
Pooey on whom ever told you your aren't pretty! That person is just rude... and you shouldn't be listening!

I too am looking forward to the 3 day weekend... so looking forward to your weekend roundup.

Also, you owe us one from last weekend too!
Anonymous said…
Chickie is just jealous that she isn't as pretty as you are. Don't let anyone tell you that you aren't attractive.

And yes I do love what you write on eharlequin, but if the muse is getting chatty and steering you in another direction, go for it. You know I want to see your name on the cover of a book.

Have a good weekend.
Jana said…
Heather~I wish I had an alternative to IE so I can do what I want. But...*sigh*

Kaitlin~Can we still be writing buddies if I'm not as dedicated to it as I should be? lol Honestly, I'd love to be writing buddies with you. Does that mean I get to read your work and you read mine? :-) Hope you feel better.

Kristie~Thanks, hun. *blushes* I got this past weekend's review out but...Well, I don't remember much about the weekend before last. It must have been super dull. LOL BTW, I went over to your blog. Meant to leave you a comment but totally got distracted. I'll pop back by ASAP, though. :-)

Latesha~You are just TOO sweet to me sometimes. ;-) Love ya, hun.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today