A Blog About Nothing
It's Friday! *swoon* I thought this day would never come. It seems as though I've lived a year within these past 7 days (starting from last Friday, you know. lol) Unfortunately, the week isn't quite as over as I'd prefer it to be. I still have to come in to work for three hours tomorrow. Boo! I suppose I'll survive it, though. It is, after all, a mere three hours. If nothing else, perhaps I'll get some stuff done I've been putting off.
I talked to Granny on the phone last night. She said Pa-Paw is doing really great. Said he couldn't sleep well in the bed--or get in and out of his recliner comfortably!--but felt a million times better than he had been. He goes back March 8 to see about having the catheter removed. That's a long way away, it seems, to have to deal with that inconvenience. I suppose, though, that the extra time with give his medication time to begin truly working.
Sis2 finally got the job she's been waiting on for MONTHS. Well, she doesn't officially start it until April 1st, I think, but at least now she knows she actually going to get it. They had promised it to her when she first took her current position (she's the assistant director and 4-year-old teacher at their church's daycare) but had begun hem-hawing around and making noises like they might be changing their minds. But she stuck with them, proving that she's fully capable and passionate about the position so it's official. Beginning April 1st she'll be the head director of the daycare. The type of position she's been working toward since she finished her BA seven years ago. So Yay! Sis2!
Sis1 was making noises earlier this week about possibly coming this weekend. Thankfully, I think I managed to talk her out of it. It isn't that I don't want to see her but you know, I'm worn out. All this going back and forth has taken a toll on me AND my house. (It's a gosh awful mess!) And having to work tomorrow, too, I just seriously don't think I'm up for company. I don't think I'd be good company right now, anyway, with my head so frazzled.
I'm almost not obsessing about the preacher man anymore. Writing that story worked wonders. I've almost convinced myself that I don't even like him. And while I'm BSing, I've got some lovely ocean front property in Arizona for sale....
hehehehe
I am getting better at my practice flirting. I think. I made the other fella laugh yesterday. And dog vomit didn't come up the first time. In fact, I'm actually learning a lot about him. He taught English in Japan! He was in the Army and has been all over the world. To look at him, I'd have never thought that. He's actually pretty neat. I'm almost intimidated now. lol
Work is going well. With my boss lady back half time it's really taken a lot of pressure off of me. It's amazing how that woman can manage more with a bad leg and a walker working half days than I could with two good legs and a forty hour week! I have new respect for her. Truly.
I haven't read anything in AGES. I'm still on page 4 for of the Crusie novel I started last week. Not because it isn't any good. (I wouldn't know! I haven't gotten that far yet! lol) I just can't seem to settle down long enough to really get into reading anything. I don't even want to read my own stuff. Could be because it's not as witty as I originally thought it was, but still! ;-)
Mama has had a rough time of it lately. Had to have two tires replaced on her car, their refrigerator went out so she's having that repaired today, the plant my dad works at will no longer carry a 401k so they've got to figure out what to do with the money he's got in there as well as how to continue saving money for his retirement--I think there were a couple of other things as well but my brain overloaded. lol
She and I went to Wal-Mart last night (I had to get groceries) and I swear, shopping with her is like shopping with a kid. Every time I looked around she was gone somewhere and she kept tugging at my clothes (my shirt kept riding up from the friction of my purse and of course I'm not grown enough to pull it down myself!).
Sometimes I think she and I are TOO close. We spend far too much time together. I'm starting to FEEL like a kid again but I don't know what to do about it. I love the woman to death. Enjoy her company (mostly), depend on her a lot for different things (sometimes I wonder if she didn't maneuver me into that!), and generally like her. I just think maybe I've become too dependent on her and wonder if this level of closeness with one's mother is normal for a woman my age. I don't know. I'm thankful I have her around, though, so I won't complain.
Okay, I think I've covered enough topics today. Got to get crackin' on some work projects!
I talked to Granny on the phone last night. She said Pa-Paw is doing really great. Said he couldn't sleep well in the bed--or get in and out of his recliner comfortably!--but felt a million times better than he had been. He goes back March 8 to see about having the catheter removed. That's a long way away, it seems, to have to deal with that inconvenience. I suppose, though, that the extra time with give his medication time to begin truly working.
Sis2 finally got the job she's been waiting on for MONTHS. Well, she doesn't officially start it until April 1st, I think, but at least now she knows she actually going to get it. They had promised it to her when she first took her current position (she's the assistant director and 4-year-old teacher at their church's daycare) but had begun hem-hawing around and making noises like they might be changing their minds. But she stuck with them, proving that she's fully capable and passionate about the position so it's official. Beginning April 1st she'll be the head director of the daycare. The type of position she's been working toward since she finished her BA seven years ago. So Yay! Sis2!
Sis1 was making noises earlier this week about possibly coming this weekend. Thankfully, I think I managed to talk her out of it. It isn't that I don't want to see her but you know, I'm worn out. All this going back and forth has taken a toll on me AND my house. (It's a gosh awful mess!) And having to work tomorrow, too, I just seriously don't think I'm up for company. I don't think I'd be good company right now, anyway, with my head so frazzled.
I'm almost not obsessing about the preacher man anymore. Writing that story worked wonders. I've almost convinced myself that I don't even like him. And while I'm BSing, I've got some lovely ocean front property in Arizona for sale....
hehehehe
I am getting better at my practice flirting. I think. I made the other fella laugh yesterday. And dog vomit didn't come up the first time. In fact, I'm actually learning a lot about him. He taught English in Japan! He was in the Army and has been all over the world. To look at him, I'd have never thought that. He's actually pretty neat. I'm almost intimidated now. lol
Work is going well. With my boss lady back half time it's really taken a lot of pressure off of me. It's amazing how that woman can manage more with a bad leg and a walker working half days than I could with two good legs and a forty hour week! I have new respect for her. Truly.
I haven't read anything in AGES. I'm still on page 4 for of the Crusie novel I started last week. Not because it isn't any good. (I wouldn't know! I haven't gotten that far yet! lol) I just can't seem to settle down long enough to really get into reading anything. I don't even want to read my own stuff. Could be because it's not as witty as I originally thought it was, but still! ;-)
Mama has had a rough time of it lately. Had to have two tires replaced on her car, their refrigerator went out so she's having that repaired today, the plant my dad works at will no longer carry a 401k so they've got to figure out what to do with the money he's got in there as well as how to continue saving money for his retirement--I think there were a couple of other things as well but my brain overloaded. lol
She and I went to Wal-Mart last night (I had to get groceries) and I swear, shopping with her is like shopping with a kid. Every time I looked around she was gone somewhere and she kept tugging at my clothes (my shirt kept riding up from the friction of my purse and of course I'm not grown enough to pull it down myself!).
Sometimes I think she and I are TOO close. We spend far too much time together. I'm starting to FEEL like a kid again but I don't know what to do about it. I love the woman to death. Enjoy her company (mostly), depend on her a lot for different things (sometimes I wonder if she didn't maneuver me into that!), and generally like her. I just think maybe I've become too dependent on her and wonder if this level of closeness with one's mother is normal for a woman my age. I don't know. I'm thankful I have her around, though, so I won't complain.
Okay, I think I've covered enough topics today. Got to get crackin' on some work projects!
Comments
Hope you have a good weekend, despite having to work tomorrow!
And hey - isn't it a month to someone's birthday? Wonder who that could be... *WEG*
Don't feel so bad about working tomorrow for three hours, I have to work for eight!
Thanks, Trix. Ya just HAD to remind me. But, as it happens, I recall that there's someone ELSE who's birthday is coming up even SOONER. Like, say...a few days?
hehehehe
Kristie~Yeah, it's coming up a month from yesterday. I'll be the big 2-8. LOL
You wanna know what's more depressing than that? I found four more gray hair last week! FOUR MORE!
Ugh!
I may just shave my head.
lol
And darlin', my birthday may be sooner, and I may be slightly older, but at east I'm not going gray. *WEG*
lol
Kristie~You sound like my oldest sister. She started going gray when she was about 16 or so. At least that's the first time we ever spotted a gray and teased her unmercifully. lol
But heck, I guess I don't really care. It appears I've inherited my mother's pattern for graying and she's got beautiful hair.