Me Plus Two
So Pa-Paw's surgery came out fine. Not without some minor snafu's but thankfully none of them were directly involving the actual surgery itself. Just some incompetence on the part of the staff in having everything ready for it. (Note to anyone in the medical field: It is not cool to jerk an old man around.)
But he came through fine. I talked to him on the phone a couple of minutes last night. Or rather he talked and I tried to respond. He didn't have his hearing aid in so he couldn't hear a word I said. lol He was really sweet, though. He just had talk to me, Granny said. He told me that he loved me and appreciated what I was doing for him. That was so sweet. Mama told me this morning that he called their house last night and hounded Daddy to make sure I was safe up there by myself. As though I don't live alone every other day of my life. Grandparents. You gotta love 'em. ;-)
So I had a real treat of a day at their house with his dog and mine. His dog Penny, unlike last time, was an angel. She slept all day. My dog, on the other hand, was a terror. Well, not so bad as a terror but she wasn't an angel, either. I spent most of the day wrangling her, answering the phone (Pa-Paw had instructed everyone to call ME instead of the hospital for updates. Blech!) and trying to take two dogs out separately when neither of them wanted to be left in the house alone. But I wasn't having to deal with work, so who am I to complain? I only wished he'd asked me to stay there today, too! hehehehe
Thanks for all the encouragement from those of you who commented to my previous posts. It was muchly appreciated. I do feel a smidgen better today than I did on Wednesday. Well, I did until I got in the car this morning and my mother started talking and I got a couple of truths I'd been avoiding slapped upside my head. She didn't even know she did it since she didn't know I was in denial about these couple of things. I'll just say they involve a man and leave it at that. Those who know me best (or read this blog most frequently) might can figure out which man I'm talking about but I'm not saying because I'm still too mortified and put out to talk about it or him. When I get my mind wrapped around it maybe I'll talk. But ain't none of it juicy goodness so don't get your hopes up.
Oh, and thank GOD I'm smart enough not to believe this person when he says he'll call. Were I a blathering idiot I'd have been glued to my phone all week. But thankfully I'm not, so I wasn't and didn't realize until yesterday that he hadn't called. Okay. Confused yet? LOL Sorry. Just thinkin' "out loud".
Anyway, me and "the girls" had fun last night. They actually both passed out around 8:30 so I actually got to spend some quality time with the satellite dish. hehehehe Penny was a little distraught when I left this morning. She may be even more distraught, though, if I go back tonight and have the Libster with me. They get along well enough but they're both so used to being "only children" that they hated having to share me.
Hey, at least the dogs love me. hehehehe
Oh, but you know, I suppose it IS hard to call a girl when you forgot to ask her for her number! :-O
Sorry. Thinking "out loud" again. lol
You can see that my mind is not with me today so I'll spare you anymore of my senseless drivel.
But he came through fine. I talked to him on the phone a couple of minutes last night. Or rather he talked and I tried to respond. He didn't have his hearing aid in so he couldn't hear a word I said. lol He was really sweet, though. He just had talk to me, Granny said. He told me that he loved me and appreciated what I was doing for him. That was so sweet. Mama told me this morning that he called their house last night and hounded Daddy to make sure I was safe up there by myself. As though I don't live alone every other day of my life. Grandparents. You gotta love 'em. ;-)
So I had a real treat of a day at their house with his dog and mine. His dog Penny, unlike last time, was an angel. She slept all day. My dog, on the other hand, was a terror. Well, not so bad as a terror but she wasn't an angel, either. I spent most of the day wrangling her, answering the phone (Pa-Paw had instructed everyone to call ME instead of the hospital for updates. Blech!) and trying to take two dogs out separately when neither of them wanted to be left in the house alone. But I wasn't having to deal with work, so who am I to complain? I only wished he'd asked me to stay there today, too! hehehehe
Thanks for all the encouragement from those of you who commented to my previous posts. It was muchly appreciated. I do feel a smidgen better today than I did on Wednesday. Well, I did until I got in the car this morning and my mother started talking and I got a couple of truths I'd been avoiding slapped upside my head. She didn't even know she did it since she didn't know I was in denial about these couple of things. I'll just say they involve a man and leave it at that. Those who know me best (or read this blog most frequently) might can figure out which man I'm talking about but I'm not saying because I'm still too mortified and put out to talk about it or him. When I get my mind wrapped around it maybe I'll talk. But ain't none of it juicy goodness so don't get your hopes up.
Oh, and thank GOD I'm smart enough not to believe this person when he says he'll call. Were I a blathering idiot I'd have been glued to my phone all week. But thankfully I'm not, so I wasn't and didn't realize until yesterday that he hadn't called. Okay. Confused yet? LOL Sorry. Just thinkin' "out loud".
Anyway, me and "the girls" had fun last night. They actually both passed out around 8:30 so I actually got to spend some quality time with the satellite dish. hehehehe Penny was a little distraught when I left this morning. She may be even more distraught, though, if I go back tonight and have the Libster with me. They get along well enough but they're both so used to being "only children" that they hated having to share me.
Hey, at least the dogs love me. hehehehe
Oh, but you know, I suppose it IS hard to call a girl when you forgot to ask her for her number! :-O
Sorry. Thinking "out loud" again. lol
You can see that my mind is not with me today so I'll spare you anymore of my senseless drivel.
Comments
What...? I'm just asking! :D
Uh, yeah.
*sigh*
Why do men find it so entertaining to be so confusing? Or am I such a dumbass that I just don't know anything?
As for men... *sigh* Good question. One of the boss's has been irritating me to no end this week. He's one of those, "I'm the boss, therefore I'm always right types-even when blatently WRONG. Keeps treating me like I don't know what the heck I'm doing, when I've been doing this for some time now. Grrr....
If you figure 'em out, please do let us know! :-\
I would, of course, send you a free copy. ;-)
Now. Try not to kill your he-man wannabe boss. hehehehe