True Confessions
I am such a girl.
*sigh*
You know, I always prided myself on not changing who I am to suit anyone. What you saw was what you got. If you didn't like it? Poo on you.
I never wore make-up. Okay. So I wore make-up a few times. Like prom. And weddings. But never much cared for it on a daily basis. Same thing with my hair. It was just hair. And my skin. Moisturize? Who has time?
Grooming? Not me. Shower and shampoo and that's about it. And, you know, brushing my teeth and combing/brushing my hair and applying deodorant. Basics.
Even in the early years of noticing boys and getting crushes I never really paid that much attention to my appearance and whether or not I was attractive. More than likely because I never thought I was so what was the point? But I digress. I never put much effort into it. It never occurred to me to.
But now. Oh boy, now...*sigh* I'm becoming a mirror hog. I still haven't aspired to full on make-up (who can stand the stuff?) but I take my time doing up my eyes and lips because someone said they were my best features. I bought a big ol' pot of facial moisturizer and slather it on every day. I even use body lotion after my shower. And I shave my legs! I spend whole minutes in front of the closet deciding what to wear. I even pull out my curling iron now and then and do some damage with it.
And do you want to know why???
Because I might run into him.
Gosh, I hate that. Thinking about how I look because of a man. When did I become such a girl?
Disclaimer: Just for the record, though, the weightloss? Entirely for me. Okay, maybe a little for him. But the biggest part, all me.
*sigh*
You know, I always prided myself on not changing who I am to suit anyone. What you saw was what you got. If you didn't like it? Poo on you.
I never wore make-up. Okay. So I wore make-up a few times. Like prom. And weddings. But never much cared for it on a daily basis. Same thing with my hair. It was just hair. And my skin. Moisturize? Who has time?
Grooming? Not me. Shower and shampoo and that's about it. And, you know, brushing my teeth and combing/brushing my hair and applying deodorant. Basics.
Even in the early years of noticing boys and getting crushes I never really paid that much attention to my appearance and whether or not I was attractive. More than likely because I never thought I was so what was the point? But I digress. I never put much effort into it. It never occurred to me to.
But now. Oh boy, now...*sigh* I'm becoming a mirror hog. I still haven't aspired to full on make-up (who can stand the stuff?) but I take my time doing up my eyes and lips because someone said they were my best features. I bought a big ol' pot of facial moisturizer and slather it on every day. I even use body lotion after my shower. And I shave my legs! I spend whole minutes in front of the closet deciding what to wear. I even pull out my curling iron now and then and do some damage with it.
And do you want to know why???
Because I might run into him.
Gosh, I hate that. Thinking about how I look because of a man. When did I become such a girl?
Disclaimer: Just for the record, though, the weightloss? Entirely for me. Okay, maybe a little for him. But the biggest part, all me.
Comments
(As for grooming, let me tell ya - if it weren't for doing laundry, I would never have climbed out of my pajamas today. Can't truly enjoy a blizzard unless you're a total slob, right?)
AndI agree with Heather. There's nothing wrong with living in your pajamas. I usually do that every Sunday. = )
Actually, I don't do that so much anymore. Used to be my jammies were the only comfortable clothes I owned. Now that I can wear my jeans again I do. '-)