and all that nonsense

Love a man with a great smile. *sigh*

No. No new crush. Just appreciating a good smile. ;-)

Man, I seriously need to learn to spell. I just spelled "appreciating" as "apriciating." Oy. And earlier I was typing a comment to a friend and originally spelled "sandal" as "sandle" until I looked at it and thought, that looks off. Had to go to spell check on Word and check myself. Seriously. No wonder Emmy is having a hard time with her spelling words. LOL I kint spail wurth a dirn. hehehehehe

Thank God for spell check. 'Nuff said.

You'd think, being such an avid (or rabid?) reader, spelling would come easy. I learned a lot of cool "big" words that I like to toss out to family and friends just to see the head scratching confusion and you know. To sound smart? Little do they know that were they to ask me to spell the "big" words, my ignorance would show. (and just to keep me honest, when I did spell check just now? "friend" was spelled "freind" and "originally" was spelled "originaly". I've been spelling "friend" correctly for YEARS and now all of a sudden I've taken to spelling it with the "e" before the "i". *rolls eyes*)

I think I'm getting paranoid (I actually spelled that right on the first try!). I keep thinking I hear someone behind me. Maybe it's my conscience telling on me. I'm supposed to be werking. (Intentional misspelling, I swear! Although, I had to use a trick I taught myself to spell conscience correctly. lol con science. How I can remember how to spell "science" I'll never know. hehehehe) But I'm bored. (board? lol) I'm actually getting close to the end (well, sorta) of this project and that's always when major boredom and procrastination (right on the first try!) set in and it's like pulling teeth. I don't know why. You'd think I'd hurry up so I can be finished with it. But I think it has something to do with knowing that as soon as this particular project is done, another one will start and then I have to start the same process I just completed All. Over. Again. And that gets tiresome. It's as though there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

But this'll get done. It always does. It's not like I never work. Well...Yeah. It's not like I never work. *goofy grin*

Wanna see a Alabama hick?



LOL


That's Emmy at her other grandparent's house last weekend. That's a bubble gun in her hand and don't even ASK where she got the hat. Probably one of her Gran's. Looks like a little Huck Finn, right? Too funny.


She went and spent spring break last week with her dad's folks and sister. Got to spend some time with her cousin (the only first cousin she has so far. Until Sis2 pops her baby out! lol) I'd post a pick of the two of them together but not being blood related to the other child, I don't feel good about posting her pic on the web. Probably shouldn't post Emmy's. But she's so gol darn cute, I can't resist.

Speaking of cute, the devil pup has a new trick. It's called making mommy yell and holler by turning over the water dish. She has one of those "auto water" things that you fill the top canister and the bowl refills itself until the canister is empty. She used to limit herself to just pawing water out of the bowl to get the floor wet. Well, now she's figured out that if she paws at the canister hard enough she can turn the whole thing over and flood the kitchen floor. Mommy is not amused. At. All. However, if dogs could laugh, I swear she'd be rolling around on the floor. I mean, you should see the self-satisfied smirk she gives me when I yell and get up to clean the mess. She's so bad.

Just one of many things she's employed to keep Mommy's attention off of books, television, telephone, etc. and focused on her. She's as bad as a child getting into trouble just to get attention. Not like I neglect her.

Well, maybe last night I did. I was totally into First Comes Baby and she was sooooo put out with me. She'd bring a toy (different one each time) and butt it against my leg. I'd play tug-of-war with her for a second, throw the toy and when she went to fetch it I'd get lost in my book again. It's after about the fifth toy toss that she employed the old turn the water over trick. Unfortunately, Mommy merely cleaned up the water, put the dish on the counter and returned to her book. Poor pitiful devil pup. When I finally finished the book and tried to play with her, she conked out at my feet and took a nap!

Silly dog.

Okay, I've procrastinated enough. Time to get back to werk. *sigh*

Comments

Heather said…
Little do they know that were they to ask me to spell the "big" words, my ignorance would show.

So you're saying you'd never be a contender in the National Spelling Bee? *G*

Love Libby's new trick, lol.
Jana said…
Um, that would be a negative. LOL

And she apparently likes it, too. She tried doing it again last night before I got after her. lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today