Another Year Older, Not a Lick Wiser
I actually had a great birthday this year. Go figure.
Well, mostly great. I'm choosing to forget the not so great parts. Well, after I detail 'em in here, that is. '-)
So Friday. For the first time in like, four? five? years I had to work on my birthday. Normally I take a personal day on my birthday (one year I took a whole week!) just because I figure I fought hard all year just to survive till that day, the least I deserve is a day of rest. Not so this year. With us being so utterly shorthanded at work I didn't feel good about asking off the whole day. Instead, I asked off for half the day.
Mama took me to lunch (after I asked her if she would. *sigh*) and then we ran her errands till around 5:30. Then Sis1 and I set out in a mad rush to go eat supper--only to have to turn around and go BACK to the house (after we'd just driven into downtown!) because I remembered that I forgot to put my refrigerated items in the fridge! Fortunately Sis1 was in a generous mood and didn't complain the first time about having to drive all the way back to the house. (Which no. It isn't just a couple minutes from town. More like 20.)
But make it to supper, we finally did. And to top it off, she actually followed through on taking me to the place I requested--Italian. We decided to go cheap and split a pizza instead of the pricey pasta dishes. And she sprung for a slice a tiramisu. (Yes, the diet went out the window this weekend. Currently I don't care. Ask me when next I brave the scale and we'll talk. lol) By the time we got home, though, I was so keyed up I never actually went to sleep. Went to bed, but not to sleep. Not that I didn't try. I think I may have dozed off somewhere on the far side of 4 am but still...I finished reading a book and started another (almost got busted for giggling out loud while reading one of them but fortunately Sis1's a heavy sleeper!)
Needless to say, I could have easily been a grumpy gus Saturday morning. Actually, I WAS a grumpy gus...but I kept it on the inside. lol Sis1 was being so nice and (mostly) selfish, I hated to spoil the mood and good will. She so rarely has them. hehehe
We went to breakfast (dutch treat) and then shopping. It didn't suck, though I was dead on my feet by the time we got home for lunch. (leftover pizza. yum!) Then I sacked out on the couch and took a nap. Or tried to. Every time I shut my eyes and dozed off the devil pup would sail onto my chest and stick her tongue up my nose to wake me up. Not the best of times but Sis1 enjoyed the show. lol
I finally dragged my sorry non-sleeping butt off the couch and we headed back town to catch a movie. Went to see Premonition which, I gotta say, is really really good. I'm mostly a huge Sandra Bullock fan, anyway, but this was a good, gripping film. Not terribly thrilled with the ending but you can't win 'em all, right?
Headed over to Sonic and managed to wrangle Sis1 into buying me a jr. burger and a chocolate shake (though I think her good will was wearing thin, by then. It nearly killed her to shell out four bucks! lol) We had a very minor drama when the first thingamabob we parked at wouldn't work. Had to move the truck and try again and then they tried to get our order confused. They almost got to see some of the infamous Sis1 fireworks. Fortunately for them (and me!) they pulled their acts together and got us the right order in a timely manner.
Once home, I sacked back out on the couch and made Sis1 watch Flip This House on A&M which she kept trying to confuse with Flip THAT House that comes on TLC. Same gist but wildly different shows of which I prefer the former and to which it really irritated me when she kept confusing them. I'm such a dope. I don't care.
Sis2 and Goofus actually spent the night at the folks' house Saturday night which made me slightly grumpy because I wanted to be out there with them. But there wasn't enough room for all of us to stay. *sigh* Not. Fair.
So Sis1 and I compensated by getting up super early and heading out there for breakfast. Sis2 is really starting to show. Of course, she's still got a little chub going that she gained pre-pregnancy but there's a definite baby belly shaping up. So cute. I'd have taken pictures but the stupid battery was dead on my stupid camera. Grrr...
So we ate and then went to church. I was pretty smokin', if I do say so myself and do you know what? I got a very lukewarm "reception" if you know what I mean. See if I break out the "twins" for him again anytime soon! :-P~~
hehehehehe No, I didn't really "break out the twins" for him but I think I did look really nice in a new swingy skirt and blouse. And I just barely got a handshake. Didn't even rate a happy birthday. (And yes. He knew.) So we're back to this. Fine. I don't care.
Except I do and that makes me really really ticked at myself. These brick walls I keep throwing myself at are really starting to leave their mark.
Forgetting about him...
Goofus and I had our big tada birthday party with plenty of good food, loads of laughter and some cool prezzies. I also got to feel the baby kick! It was sooooooo awesome. I can't WAIT till that little stinker is born! I'm soooooo gonna spoil him/her.
The Devil Pup turned truly devilish after the grandparents, great-aunt, Sis1 and Emmy left. She peed on the rug. In front. Of. The door! Ugh! I was so...shocked! LOL I couldn't get mad because it was so funny the way she just walked straight up to the door, squatted and peed and then turned around and looked at me so sheepishly. And so to help me clean it up, she went and dug out the roll of paper towels my dad had stuck over in a corn of the dining room. Had half a roll unrolled and strewn across the room before we realized it. Needless to say, she had a time-out at that point. lol
When we finally got home, she passed out on the couch and I played with my new "toys." Carrie Underwood and Rascall Flatts. I know. I'm so behind. LOL
And that's it, ya'll. The big weekend. Wasn't so bad. I'm impressed. hehehehehehe
Well, mostly great. I'm choosing to forget the not so great parts. Well, after I detail 'em in here, that is. '-)
So Friday. For the first time in like, four? five? years I had to work on my birthday. Normally I take a personal day on my birthday (one year I took a whole week!) just because I figure I fought hard all year just to survive till that day, the least I deserve is a day of rest. Not so this year. With us being so utterly shorthanded at work I didn't feel good about asking off the whole day. Instead, I asked off for half the day.
Mama took me to lunch (after I asked her if she would. *sigh*) and then we ran her errands till around 5:30. Then Sis1 and I set out in a mad rush to go eat supper--only to have to turn around and go BACK to the house (after we'd just driven into downtown!) because I remembered that I forgot to put my refrigerated items in the fridge! Fortunately Sis1 was in a generous mood and didn't complain the first time about having to drive all the way back to the house. (Which no. It isn't just a couple minutes from town. More like 20.)
But make it to supper, we finally did. And to top it off, she actually followed through on taking me to the place I requested--Italian. We decided to go cheap and split a pizza instead of the pricey pasta dishes. And she sprung for a slice a tiramisu. (Yes, the diet went out the window this weekend. Currently I don't care. Ask me when next I brave the scale and we'll talk. lol) By the time we got home, though, I was so keyed up I never actually went to sleep. Went to bed, but not to sleep. Not that I didn't try. I think I may have dozed off somewhere on the far side of 4 am but still...I finished reading a book and started another (almost got busted for giggling out loud while reading one of them but fortunately Sis1's a heavy sleeper!)
Needless to say, I could have easily been a grumpy gus Saturday morning. Actually, I WAS a grumpy gus...but I kept it on the inside. lol Sis1 was being so nice and (mostly) selfish, I hated to spoil the mood and good will. She so rarely has them. hehehe
We went to breakfast (dutch treat) and then shopping. It didn't suck, though I was dead on my feet by the time we got home for lunch. (leftover pizza. yum!) Then I sacked out on the couch and took a nap. Or tried to. Every time I shut my eyes and dozed off the devil pup would sail onto my chest and stick her tongue up my nose to wake me up. Not the best of times but Sis1 enjoyed the show. lol
I finally dragged my sorry non-sleeping butt off the couch and we headed back town to catch a movie. Went to see Premonition which, I gotta say, is really really good. I'm mostly a huge Sandra Bullock fan, anyway, but this was a good, gripping film. Not terribly thrilled with the ending but you can't win 'em all, right?
Headed over to Sonic and managed to wrangle Sis1 into buying me a jr. burger and a chocolate shake (though I think her good will was wearing thin, by then. It nearly killed her to shell out four bucks! lol) We had a very minor drama when the first thingamabob we parked at wouldn't work. Had to move the truck and try again and then they tried to get our order confused. They almost got to see some of the infamous Sis1 fireworks. Fortunately for them (and me!) they pulled their acts together and got us the right order in a timely manner.
Once home, I sacked back out on the couch and made Sis1 watch Flip This House on A&M which she kept trying to confuse with Flip THAT House that comes on TLC. Same gist but wildly different shows of which I prefer the former and to which it really irritated me when she kept confusing them. I'm such a dope. I don't care.
Sis2 and Goofus actually spent the night at the folks' house Saturday night which made me slightly grumpy because I wanted to be out there with them. But there wasn't enough room for all of us to stay. *sigh* Not. Fair.
So Sis1 and I compensated by getting up super early and heading out there for breakfast. Sis2 is really starting to show. Of course, she's still got a little chub going that she gained pre-pregnancy but there's a definite baby belly shaping up. So cute. I'd have taken pictures but the stupid battery was dead on my stupid camera. Grrr...
So we ate and then went to church. I was pretty smokin', if I do say so myself and do you know what? I got a very lukewarm "reception" if you know what I mean. See if I break out the "twins" for him again anytime soon! :-P~~
hehehehehe No, I didn't really "break out the twins" for him but I think I did look really nice in a new swingy skirt and blouse. And I just barely got a handshake. Didn't even rate a happy birthday. (And yes. He knew.) So we're back to this. Fine. I don't care.
Except I do and that makes me really really ticked at myself. These brick walls I keep throwing myself at are really starting to leave their mark.
Forgetting about him...
Goofus and I had our big tada birthday party with plenty of good food, loads of laughter and some cool prezzies. I also got to feel the baby kick! It was sooooooo awesome. I can't WAIT till that little stinker is born! I'm soooooo gonna spoil him/her.
The Devil Pup turned truly devilish after the grandparents, great-aunt, Sis1 and Emmy left. She peed on the rug. In front. Of. The door! Ugh! I was so...shocked! LOL I couldn't get mad because it was so funny the way she just walked straight up to the door, squatted and peed and then turned around and looked at me so sheepishly. And so to help me clean it up, she went and dug out the roll of paper towels my dad had stuck over in a corn of the dining room. Had half a roll unrolled and strewn across the room before we realized it. Needless to say, she had a time-out at that point. lol
When we finally got home, she passed out on the couch and I played with my new "toys." Carrie Underwood and Rascall Flatts. I know. I'm so behind. LOL
And that's it, ya'll. The big weekend. Wasn't so bad. I'm impressed. hehehehehehe
Comments