I'm thinking...

...of taking up smoking.

hehehehe

Just kidding. Don't flip out. I'm not totally off my rocker. Yet.

It just looks like such a fun club. Everyone gathering outside with these sticks hanging out of their mouths, smoke curling up around their heads as they talk and laugh and pass the lighter back and forth. And smoking makes friends out of people you'd have never thought would ever be friends. I suppose the new smoking laws forged these friendships among those with an affinity for smoking. Our town, especially, as there is no smoking in any public buildings...restaurants, bars, etc. Nowhere, beyond your own home, are you allowed to light your cancer sticks indoors. And so they gather outside. Clusters of ordinarily polor opposite people, sucking down that nicotine like it's candy.

Maybe I should start a candy club. I'm sure there's lots of people out there who can appreciate a bag of good almond M&M's. And at least they don't cause cancer or emphazima. AND--you can eat 'em in doors.

:-D

Comments

Bridget Locke said…
I'd join a candy club. :)

They don't allow smoking hardly anywhere here in Portland, either. Makes me glad, because cigarette smoke gives me a killer headache. *sniffe*
Heather said…
They banned smoking in restaurants here what seems like decades ago, at least early 90s? I forget when. I just remember traveling in PA several years ago and being so used to no smoking in restaurants that we were caught off guard when asked smoking or non. Non, definitely non!

Last year they passed a new ordinance banning it in bars as well. Okay, we the people voted for this, and now of course those who didn't go to the polls are up in arms about it. NOT like they didn't have a chance to say how they felt about it, right? Now every time a bar in Madison closes they instantly blame the anti-smoking laws when there are a LOT of other reasons why bars close. The also claim that all the smokers are flocking to bars in the suburbs, which I just don't buy. Plus, if it's such a "bad" idea, why are neighboring communities and towns across the state -- as well as the governor -- now considering a smoking ban?

Personally, I wish they would pass a statewide ban. If a smoker wants to ruin his own health, fine - he can smoke at home - but IMO, he does not have the right to endanger mine.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today