Is it just me?
Or am I spoiled?
*sigh*
You know, I'm all about women's rights and crap but the dude is still supposed to hold the door open for the gal. The gal precedes the dude into a room and ALWAYS orders first. That's just the way it's supposed to be.
Call me old fashioned but that's one thing I've figured out with all this guy stuff I'm slodging through. I want to be the girl. I don't want to have to always do the asking or open the door or punch the elevator button. I don't want to always be the initiator in conversation. I want a man, not a puppy. I already got a puppy. Granted, she isn't as obediant but still. I don't want to be the strong one. I want to be strong, yes, but I want to be made to feel feminine and girly.
And just because we're only friends doesn't mean you can't still open the door for me. I'm still a lady whether we're dating or not. Well, okay. Maybe lady is a little too strong a term for me but I'm still female.
I guess I'm just spoiled. Daddy ALWAYS opened doors, held doors, ushered us into rooms. My grand-dads too. Heck, both brothers-in-law do it. I went a whole week once while I was on vacation with Sis1 and BIL that I never had to open a single door except the one to the bathroom. Sure, I don't mind opening my own doors but when there's a fella there to do it why should I have to?
And I really don't like being the one to ALWAYS initiate. I want to be asked, dangit. I don't want to have to ask every friggen day. It makes me feel desperate or something which I'm not. You see, this right here is why I won't ask a man out on a date. If I get irritated asking a buddy to coffee every day I'd surely get madder than a hornet at having to ask a man out.
I'm a dope. I know. We're just friends. Co-workers. Equals. Doesn't matter who opens what door or who goes first or whatever.
But I've never liked to lead.
And I like being catered to. Just call me Princess Jana.
Just kidding. Don't. Seriously. I'm really not princess material. But maybe a dutchess. Or countess.
Actually, chambermaid would be most accurate.
But still, just because I'm a chambermaid doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be treated like a princess now and then.
Or at least not have to open my own door.
*sigh*
You know, I'm all about women's rights and crap but the dude is still supposed to hold the door open for the gal. The gal precedes the dude into a room and ALWAYS orders first. That's just the way it's supposed to be.
Call me old fashioned but that's one thing I've figured out with all this guy stuff I'm slodging through. I want to be the girl. I don't want to have to always do the asking or open the door or punch the elevator button. I don't want to always be the initiator in conversation. I want a man, not a puppy. I already got a puppy. Granted, she isn't as obediant but still. I don't want to be the strong one. I want to be strong, yes, but I want to be made to feel feminine and girly.
And just because we're only friends doesn't mean you can't still open the door for me. I'm still a lady whether we're dating or not. Well, okay. Maybe lady is a little too strong a term for me but I'm still female.
I guess I'm just spoiled. Daddy ALWAYS opened doors, held doors, ushered us into rooms. My grand-dads too. Heck, both brothers-in-law do it. I went a whole week once while I was on vacation with Sis1 and BIL that I never had to open a single door except the one to the bathroom. Sure, I don't mind opening my own doors but when there's a fella there to do it why should I have to?
And I really don't like being the one to ALWAYS initiate. I want to be asked, dangit. I don't want to have to ask every friggen day. It makes me feel desperate or something which I'm not. You see, this right here is why I won't ask a man out on a date. If I get irritated asking a buddy to coffee every day I'd surely get madder than a hornet at having to ask a man out.
I'm a dope. I know. We're just friends. Co-workers. Equals. Doesn't matter who opens what door or who goes first or whatever.
But I've never liked to lead.
And I like being catered to. Just call me Princess Jana.
Just kidding. Don't. Seriously. I'm really not princess material. But maybe a dutchess. Or countess.
Actually, chambermaid would be most accurate.
But still, just because I'm a chambermaid doesn't mean I wouldn't like to be treated like a princess now and then.
Or at least not have to open my own door.
Comments