Randomly Rambled Ramblings


  • How annoying can an annoying old man be? Thankfully not that annoying. Today at least. Of course, my boss will probably get an earful about her incompetent staff. Meaning me. *sigh* But. The old geezer is lucky I didn't run him through the microfilm reader like I've wanted to on many occasions. I think he finally figured out (after six years!) that I'm not afraid of his old geezer self and even as I'm silently picturing his annoying, unsolicited advice on my job giving, rude and domineering self getting stuck in the duplexing unit of the copy machine I'll merely smile sweetly, nod and bid him good day.

  • I have a bruised nostril. Painful, I'll tell you. Devil Pup got a little...exuberant? with her affections this morning. I keep telling her to leave her teeth out of her kisses but I think she's been reading my romance novels when I'm not at home. I'll have to remind her that a) she's not a man b) she's not a romance novel hero and c) you're supposed to nibble necks, boobs, etc. NOT nostrils!

  • The duck and run method is not effective when dealing with truly determined annoying people. They will hunt you down. And make you wish you were dead. Or that they were. Whichever.

  • Keith Urban is going to be in Memphis this June. I'd kill for a ticket and a limo to take me there. Well, maybe not KILL, but maim. I'd definitely maim someone for a ticket. Or some time with Keith Urban in the back of a limo. You know, for a private concert? What did you think we'd be doing in the back of the limo? He's married for Pete's sake!

  • It's a sad day in my life when I am more mature than my parents. Sad indeed considering that on a good day I have the maturity level of a teenage troll.

  • I haven't had a drop of coffee today. If I snarl, get out of the way. (I'm also PMSing so seriously. Me=snarl? You=GET OUTTA THE WAY!)

  • Some people think it's funny to tease people about their coffee drinking habits. I won't say just who that someone (HEATHER!) is. She knows who she (HEATHER!) is.

  • Gilmore Girls was good last night. How weird was the Mia switch, though? I love whatsherface that was on there last night but she was totally at odds with the woman who played Mia previously. Totally. At odds. But dang, that Logan is hot. Pale, bleary-eyed immaturity be hanged. That dude is hawt.

  • The new American Idol-esque Pussycat Dolls show, however, is not. I thought the Pussycat Dolls were a Vegas act. Didn't even know they were, like, a recording group. Oy!

  • I love Patricia Arquette. She's a phenomenal actress and not to be all lesbian but, I think she has a cute little body shape. Like a real woman's body shape. If I were allowed to pick any body to replace my own, I'd pick hers. AND I'd pick her TV husband. He's perty cute, too. In a totally nontraditional way.

  • I missed Lost last week. Well, I forgot to watch it. Not so sure I missed it. It's totally not satisfying these days. I'd have better luck with a Snickers Bar.

  • Now I've got that stupid Pussycat Dolls song in my head. Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me. Doncha wish your girlfriend was free like me. Which is odd seeing as how I'm not hot OR free.

  • Why is it that people are always surprised when I do something right? Am I that bad normally?

  • I still haven't gotten the replacement part for my bike. I'm starting to itch. Just how long IS a "few" days? A month? A year? Okay, so today it'll be a week since I ordered it. Or was that yesterday? Whatever. Still. I want to use my bike, dangit!

  • Thought about doing some cleaning last night. Got depressed and quit thinking altogether.

  • Devil Pup has a new admirer. A big giant of a Black Lab mix. He and this red hound were galloping through the yard yesterday while she and I were out there. The red hound kept galloping but the Lab mix stopped and loped over to where the DP was barking her head off. I think he wanted to smooch her but she was having none of that. His red hound friend doubled back and kept woofing at him as though he were saying "Come on, man. Forget the girl. We've got squirrels to chase!" I had to drag the DP in to get her to stop barking and him to leave. Ah but he was a cutie of a dog. Too bad my pup gets more male attention than I do. Off course, she does have the CUTEST fluffy butt.

  • Sis1 already has my birthday planned out. Consulted me as far as, "That's okay with you, right? Cuz I really want to see this movie." Fortunately for her, I DO want to see that particular movie. When I made my restaurant suggestion, though, she promptly ignored me. *sigh*
  • Next week is Spring Break on campus. I have to work. Boo.
  • Speaking of work, I'd better get back to it. Got a meeting at two. Blah.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry about your bruised nostil and the old geezer. There's one in ever crowd. Love the devil pup, though. She's adorable. You weren't rambling, just sharing your views on the world at large. Ugh on having to work during spring break. Hope that you can take some time off soon so you can write. And thanks for putting that song in my head. Ack!
Jana said…
hehehehehe My evil deed for the week is complete. :-D
Heather said…
Some people think it's funny to tease people about their coffee drinking habits. I won't say just who that someone (HEATHER!) is.

Excuse me?? Did I know you weren't going to have coffee today before I shared that poem with you and Vi? You can't deny it was totally you. hehe...

Sheesh... *WEG*
Jana said…
LOL Coffee addiction is one thing it's pointless to deny. You got me, there. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today