Seeing Green

Or not. I let St. Patrick's Day glide right on past with nary a notice. Bad little Irish-Cherokee girl. Vewy bad. ;-)

I've never really gotten the whole meaning behind the "holiday" anyway. Luck o' the Irish or whatnot, sure. Drinking green beer and pinching folks who don't wear green? Not so much. *shrugs* I got a wee bit o' the Irish in me blood, for sure but I wasn't raise on the Irish lore.

Anyhow, I went shopping Saturday morning. Had to drag myself out of the house because ya'll? I was sooooo not feeling the "get out and about" thing. I would much rather have been lazy. But a girl's gotta eat and the devil pup needed some more bacon treats. She's unmanageable without them. (Yes. I bribe my dog.)

Once I finally got there, I had intended to look around, do some "dreaming" in case I get any birthday money to spend. You know, I like to have my money spent before I get it. I'm just goofy that way. Unfortunately, I hadn't taken into account the two cups of coffee I'd had before I left and didn't count on the restrooms being serviced. Oy! (Probably more than y'all wanted to know, right? LOL) So rushed through, did my shopping (I did actually find a pretty skirt on clearance!) and rushed home to go potty. hehehehehe The DP was glad for it since that meant she didn't have to stay cooped up as long as she thought.

She wasn't happy with me anyway, turns out. lol Despite the fresh bag o' bacon treats she was fairly put out with me because I wouldn't sit still on the couch and let her rest. Noooooo. I had to be up and about and moving around cleaning, or something like it, anyhow. hehehehe I did get the office/spare bedroom cleaned up. Well, got the bed cleaned off and all the Christmas junk finally stored away in the closet. The room is still a mess. It's tiny to start and is in serious need of some heavy duty cleaning out. As in, get rid of some stuff entirely. But, in case BIL comes next weekend, he can get to the bed. And that's about it. ;-)

I went into the other spare room and moved some stuff around. Hung some pictures and a shelf that have been waiting for over a year to be hung. And that's about as far as I got on that room. I need to do some heavy dusting, clearing out in there, as well. But, again. The bed is clean (or it was) so that Sis1 can sleep in there next weekend. It's not clean now because I decided later Saturday night to get in that closet in there and clean out some old clothes. Clothes I'd been saving until I got back in that size...except, now that I'm back in that size, I don't really care for the clothes anymore! They're outdated and some of them I've had since high school. I mean, it's thrilling that I can wear them again but I wouldn't want to. So, the local thrift store will get a decent donation at some point this week. :-)

That was most of Saturday. Cleaning (or attempting/pretending to), dodging the DP (and chasing her down to retrieve the items she'd steal), shopping, and watching DVD's. I seriously need to get my porch cleared of leaves and junk but I sooooo hate doing stuff outside. I need to get a yard man. Preferably a hunky one who likes to work without his shirt on. ;-)

Yesterday, being Sunday, was church. Surprisingly the preacher man said his finger was much better. He was able to move it and everything. He'd been told it would be a week or more before he regained full use of it again but he said it was pretty much fully functioning. A little tender still, but usable. So no nursing needed. I know, Heather. You're so disappointed. *snicker*

I'm such a silly goose, though. After I got home last night (after an afternoon of chasing puppies outside, reading magazines, watching the parental units sleep and evening church service) I sat down and made a list. Things I don't like about the preacher man and things I do. Trying to get him out of the ol' brain because I'm becoming seriously warped and silly about him. And I seriously don't want to be. I want to be able to just relax and be friends with him because it's becoming obvious to me that he doesn't give two figs about me beyond that of being a member of his congregation and a fellow Christian. And the sad thing is, the more I get to know about him, the more I like him. And I hate it. I know it sounds weird and stupid but that's just the way that I am. Crushes are safe so long as they're based on silly superficial stuff. Once you really get to know and care about the crush...Oy. You're in for all sorts of heartache and misery. And I would rather just stay blissfully ignorant of such things.

So far, the lists are running neck in neck with the things I do like about him having the slight edge. Oy! I'm in so much trouble. (and had an extremely stupid moment last night on the way home SNIFFING my hand because it smelled like him. What am I? Sixteen? Ack!)

To avoid the list (and being silly/stupid), I watched a re-run of Medium that I'd taped and read a while last night.

On a brighter note, I finally lost another stupid pound. It took me a month but I did it! hehehehehe

And, I'm still monkeying around with the blog look. I was flipping channels Saturday and paused on HGTV when I saw the blue and brown combo and thought, huh. That's pretty cute. So we'll see how I like it. ;-)

Happy Friggen Monday, ya'll.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just remember that if it's meant to be, it will. Just keep telling God that you want a serious relationship and are ready for that step and he'll put something right in your path, if and when it's meant to be. So, the worrying is unnecessary. It's kind of a relief.
Heather said…
Happy Monday to you, too! BTW, did you see the new cow pics I posted last week? Hehe...
Jana said…
Heather~I did now. LOL Don't know how I missed 'em.

Jen~I keep telling myself that but the head...it ain't cooperating. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today