Yackety Yack

So apparently this week is the week of reconnecting. lol

Best friend in SC called me last night after nearly TWO MONTHS. The longest since just after she moved to SC several years ago that we've gone without talking. I see her mother every Sunday at church, so I keep up with her that way. But she's in nursing school doing clinicals and working part time at a hospital so she's much busy. That's why I haven't called her and she hasn't called me, though she told me last night to PLEASE CALL HER to distract her from the drudgery. lol We talked for over an hour and a half--catching up on each other and mutual friends/acquaintances. Mostly, though, we reminisced about high school. Blech! LOL She loves those trips down memory lane while I am only mildly amused by them. I didn't hate high school but it wasn't exactly my shining moment, either, if you know what I mean. Look up gawky nerd and you'll see a big ol' stinky picture of my chubby be-speckled face. Well, I'm still those things...I've just learned to live with it! hehehe

I enjoyed the talk, though. Except, she and the sleazoid and their daughter are coming next weekend to spend a few days with her mom. She wants me to come see them while they're here. I would, of course, LOVE to see her. Him, not so much. But I will suck it up and go and just avoid being caught alone with him and will most definitely sit on the furthest end of the table away from him this time. I don't think my leg could handle being molested by his yucky foot a third time. Blech!

Her mom is not doing so well, though, hence the trip home. Since her cancer's been back, her heart whatevers have significantly dropped. (I swear, I'm a ditz when it comes to medical terminology. All I understand is that it's bad.) BF wants to come home just in case something happens later on. She doesn't want her last visit with her mom to be Thanksgiving. And I feel like a ghastly wretch for wishing that she'd leave sleazoid's butt in SC. I know she needs the support from him which, surprisingly, he has been very supportive throughout her mom's illness.

At anyrate, my ear was achy by the time I got off the phone with her. And then some blasted so-called charity fella called and caught me off guard (I usually hang up before they can get a word out...or lie and say I'm not there! lol) by calling my by my first name as though he was my best bud. Sneaky sonofabiscuit! And then he got progressively surly with me as I tried to explain as pitifully as I could what being "broke" and "nickle and diming it" meant. It means, dumbbutt, Jana ain't got no stinkin' money...no, not even $10! to send to you folks. Not sure now that I would if I did cuz you've pissed me off!

We never did see any tornadoes yesterday, thank God, but Alabama wasn't so fortunate. I assume ya'll have, by now, seen the news about Enterprise, AL, so I won't get into it except to say that my thoughts and prayers are with the families and the community.

Just had a long phone call from my pal (and former co-worker), Bren. She is doing well. Still in need of surgery but seems to be in good spirits. It was great to talk to her. Just the other day I was silently mourning the fact that I hadn't heard from her in so long. And still, I think the only reason she called was to gripe about the PTB who want her to come get her stuff out of her old office. But it was fun talking to her, anyway. I really do miss her. Terribly. She was my favorite person in the world to talk to. (face to face, that is.) She understood me and listened to me in a way that many of my face to face friends, at least, don't. She was a lot like the friends I have on the net. I could say and admit stuff to her that I can't to others because I knew instinctively that she wouldn't judge me. I miss having that day to day friendship. It's so much harder to maintain the friendship, too, due to her health and travel limitations. She's in and out of the doctor's so much and trying to keep it together that there's little time left for socializing. And she lives about an hour northeast of me which really limits our visiting back and forth.

Anyway, I'm now really starting to wonder what in heck's going on. I'm I having a sort of "this is your life" thing? If that's the case, I'd be really pleased if my college flirtation popped back up so I could be the one to blow him off this time. Turn around's fair play and all that. hehehehehe

TGIF

Comments

Heather said…
Ahh...ain't reconnecting grand? At least some of the time, right? Hope the impending visit with your friend goes well and that Sleazoid leaves you alone this time.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today