Feeling Silly
I think I've finally cracked. LOL
I was talking to Libby last night (Because that's what pet owners do, you know.) and mused that Slimfast seriously needs to invent a meal-on-the-go bar that tastes like steak and baked potato. hehehehehehe (It really WOULD be a good idea!)
And I've started answering all questions with "Chicken butt." (No, not at work, but I did it to my mom yesterday!) Used to be I'd only respond to someone's "What?" with "Chicken butt." when they were sticking their noses in conversations they weren't really included in. Or if I was, you know, being a smart alec. I think I'm regressing to my youth, though. (You know, last year? hehehe) In fact, I've started calling Libby "chicken butt." She's not so fond of it. Especially when I sing it.
Of course, she didn't like it when I sang "Oh, Libby Lu, oh Libby Lu" to the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree" either. Think it has to do with the song choices or my musical talent? And just how good a judge ARE dogs, anyway, when it comes to singing? Hmmmm...
Speaking of singing, I've totally forsaken American Idol. I can hear mediocre singing when I sing in the shower. I don't need to subject myself to it when there are other shows on the tube to make fun of.
I spent a good portion of my evening last night making baby shower invitations for the shower Mama and an aunt are giving Sis2. They aren't anything so fancy as what Missy Heather does but I think they're pretty cute. Simple but cute. Libby, of course, threatened to report me to DHS for neglect. I told her DHS doesn't deal with puppies. She'd have to call the ASPCA or whatever. THEN she got affronted that I referred to her has a DOG! (She thinks she's part human, you know. She has the pretzel breath to prove it!)
I really seriously do think I spend too much time with my mother. She's far too comfortable talking to me like a "girlfriend" as opposed to like the daughter I am. You know, there are some things you never want to hear pass your mother's lips. And some things a daughter could just really live without knowing about her parents. *shudders*
We've got a crisis at work. Major stuff. One of our doors was left unlocked over night last night! (A door to the department, not the library. The library was locked tight.) All the PTB are in panic mode and grilling the student workers and anyone who moves. I can honestly say it wasn't me. I didn't use that door at all yesterday. That I recall. ;-)
No, I know it's a serious matter because we're a "secure" department with "valuable" items. And I don't neccessarily like the idea than just anyone could be hiding in one of our closed stacks. (closed as in not open to the public) I hear enough strange noises when I'm here in the wee hours of the morning without thinking it's a potential maniac with a hunting knife waiting for me to come retrieve a book. And especially not after all that that happened Monday at V-Tech. At least if all the non-public access doors are locked I can be assured any noises emminating from the stacks are more supernatural than maniacal. I'd much rather run into Casper and his uncles than a hunting knife, know what I mean?
But it's just kind of head-shaking the way everyone's just running around forming conspiracy theories over an unlocked door and behaving as though the sky is falling. I may be a bit on the Chicken Little side myself somedays but sheesh!
I talked to my best friend for about an hour Monday night. I miss her so much. I wish she could move back here. Well, she and her daughter. She can leave Yuck-O in SC. Or the bottom of a well. Whatever.
Want to know what's really sick though? I'd bet every penny I have (and I got a TON of pennies I've collected since high school! hehehehe) that if she lived here we wouldn't see each other anymore often than we do now. I have family that lives just across the highway from me and I only see them at holidays or in Wal-Mart. At least as long as she's nine or ten hours away we have an excuse for why we see each other MAYBE once or twice a year. That's terrible, ain't it?
I realize I never gave ya'll a weekend review. That's because there wasn't anything to really review. It rained. I bought groceries and read a couple of books. The thing with the preacher was as exciting as it got. LOL
Oh, but I DID read Donna's book. It was good. A really sweet romance with a yummy hero. AND, icing on the cake...I read Rett MacPherson's newest paperback release of the Torie O'Shea mysteries! It was as good as usual. Now I've got YEARS to wait for the next one. Yeah, she has a new hardback out now but I'm just anal (weird) enough to need to read it in paperback since the rest of my collection of her books are in paperback. I never said I was normal.
Anyway, that's all for now.
Peace out!
I was talking to Libby last night (Because that's what pet owners do, you know.) and mused that Slimfast seriously needs to invent a meal-on-the-go bar that tastes like steak and baked potato. hehehehehehe (It really WOULD be a good idea!)
And I've started answering all questions with "Chicken butt." (No, not at work, but I did it to my mom yesterday!) Used to be I'd only respond to someone's "What?" with "Chicken butt." when they were sticking their noses in conversations they weren't really included in. Or if I was, you know, being a smart alec. I think I'm regressing to my youth, though. (You know, last year? hehehe) In fact, I've started calling Libby "chicken butt." She's not so fond of it. Especially when I sing it.
Of course, she didn't like it when I sang "Oh, Libby Lu, oh Libby Lu" to the tune of "Oh Christmas Tree" either. Think it has to do with the song choices or my musical talent? And just how good a judge ARE dogs, anyway, when it comes to singing? Hmmmm...
Speaking of singing, I've totally forsaken American Idol. I can hear mediocre singing when I sing in the shower. I don't need to subject myself to it when there are other shows on the tube to make fun of.
I spent a good portion of my evening last night making baby shower invitations for the shower Mama and an aunt are giving Sis2. They aren't anything so fancy as what Missy Heather does but I think they're pretty cute. Simple but cute. Libby, of course, threatened to report me to DHS for neglect. I told her DHS doesn't deal with puppies. She'd have to call the ASPCA or whatever. THEN she got affronted that I referred to her has a DOG! (She thinks she's part human, you know. She has the pretzel breath to prove it!)
I really seriously do think I spend too much time with my mother. She's far too comfortable talking to me like a "girlfriend" as opposed to like the daughter I am. You know, there are some things you never want to hear pass your mother's lips. And some things a daughter could just really live without knowing about her parents. *shudders*
We've got a crisis at work. Major stuff. One of our doors was left unlocked over night last night! (A door to the department, not the library. The library was locked tight.) All the PTB are in panic mode and grilling the student workers and anyone who moves. I can honestly say it wasn't me. I didn't use that door at all yesterday. That I recall. ;-)
No, I know it's a serious matter because we're a "secure" department with "valuable" items. And I don't neccessarily like the idea than just anyone could be hiding in one of our closed stacks. (closed as in not open to the public) I hear enough strange noises when I'm here in the wee hours of the morning without thinking it's a potential maniac with a hunting knife waiting for me to come retrieve a book. And especially not after all that that happened Monday at V-Tech. At least if all the non-public access doors are locked I can be assured any noises emminating from the stacks are more supernatural than maniacal. I'd much rather run into Casper and his uncles than a hunting knife, know what I mean?
But it's just kind of head-shaking the way everyone's just running around forming conspiracy theories over an unlocked door and behaving as though the sky is falling. I may be a bit on the Chicken Little side myself somedays but sheesh!
I talked to my best friend for about an hour Monday night. I miss her so much. I wish she could move back here. Well, she and her daughter. She can leave Yuck-O in SC. Or the bottom of a well. Whatever.
Want to know what's really sick though? I'd bet every penny I have (and I got a TON of pennies I've collected since high school! hehehehe) that if she lived here we wouldn't see each other anymore often than we do now. I have family that lives just across the highway from me and I only see them at holidays or in Wal-Mart. At least as long as she's nine or ten hours away we have an excuse for why we see each other MAYBE once or twice a year. That's terrible, ain't it?
I realize I never gave ya'll a weekend review. That's because there wasn't anything to really review. It rained. I bought groceries and read a couple of books. The thing with the preacher was as exciting as it got. LOL
Oh, but I DID read Donna's book. It was good. A really sweet romance with a yummy hero. AND, icing on the cake...I read Rett MacPherson's newest paperback release of the Torie O'Shea mysteries! It was as good as usual. Now I've got YEARS to wait for the next one. Yeah, she has a new hardback out now but I'm just anal (weird) enough to need to read it in paperback since the rest of my collection of her books are in paperback. I never said I was normal.
Anyway, that's all for now.
Peace out!
Comments