So okay. '07's not so bad.

So it seems that finally finally it's my turn to have some things go right. *grin*

I got a new job! hehehehehe

Okay, so ya'll didn't even know I was applying. I know. I was playing my cards close to my chest and yada yada. Obviously, it's not smart to blab too much work info on a blog even though I KNOW I'm notorious for putting way too much personal info out there. LOL What can I say? I'm so quiet in real life that when my fingertips touch the keyboard everything I don't or can't say out loud comes pouring out like the puss from a busted blister. hehehehehe Yeah, I know that's disturbing and gross but so is some of the stuff I confess.

But anyway, I digress. I'm newly employed. Well, I got a new position, anyway. Same library. Same department, even. Just...new job and a (slightly) bigger salary. Oh, and those pesky things called responsibilities. Whole new set of them. Which means training and junk. But bigger salary! Yay! And I get the distinguished honor of being an Associate instead of an Assistant. A small difference in the grand scheme of things but I don't care. It's a step up.

So praise God and pass the gravy!

hehehehehehe

Of course, then I was so giddy that when I went on coffee break, I ended up taking a coffee shower. Don't ask me how, but I splattered coffee on my shirt, my face, my glasses--I think I even got some in my hair! And of course I'm sitting right next to coffee break man when it happens. He gets points, though, for not laughing. At least, not laughing until I started making fun of myself. LOL Thankfully Ms. B. had some of those Shout! wipe thingies and got most of the stain out. I still smell like coffee, though.

Yeah, I know. I'm a goof. You can stop laughing now, Trix. :-D

Went to the Dessert Theatre production here at the library last night. This weekend is the Cotton District Festival and the university library teams up with the local library for the Literary Festival in association with this. I had a slice of cheese cake that...Oh. My. Gosh. Was just tooooooo divine to even attempt to describe. But let's just say it had four things that I love. a.) Minimal crust b.) chocolate lining...creamy milk chocolate at that! c.) creamy cheesecake center d.) caramel glaze topping. Yum-O and then some.

The entertainment portion was pretty fun, too. Not as deliciously wonderful as the cheesecake but few things are.

There were the three high school poetry contest winners who read their works (fun but nothing to write home about), two skits by some folks from the community theatre (funny. really funny. I need to get to the theatre more often.) and then a Mississippi Author by the name of...oh gosh, I can't remember his name. But he wrote a book titled Waltzing At the Piggly Wiggly. It sounds like it would be a hoot and a half. I'm going to have to pick up a copy as soon as I start making the "big" bucks. lol But he gave a good talk about his book, getting published, life as a writer, etc. The funnest part? (yeah, i know funnest isn't a word!) He has hair like Donald Trump. ROFL No, seriously. Total Trump hair.

But then the Devil Pup and I got in a row while I was trying to watch Big Love on HBO. Yeah, it was a re-run of last season but still. I love that show. And the DP just HAD to go outside. Just HAD to. Like, crossing her legs and doing a little dance, HAD to go outside. So I take her out and she sniffs. And she chews on a stick. And she chases a bug. And...well, you get the idea. She did everything BUT peepee like she swore up and down she was dieing to do. I was getting seriously ticked. So to keep myself from beating her, I dragged her in and threw her butt in jail. Or her crate. Whatever. Of course, she looks at me like I'm mean mommy but I figured it's better to be mean mommy and than to wring her neck.

After Big Love went off (and I'd missed half!) I let her back out and took her back outside. After another twenty minutes, she went. I'm sorry. But her version of "Gotta go right now!" is a heckovalot different than mine. When I'm crossing my legs and whining about it, you'd better watch out. Hers is more like, "I'll go outside now just in case I might have to pee in the next thirty minutes."

So. Annoying.

But anyway, about a half hour later than I wanted to, I finally made it to bed. Only to wake up grumpy this morning. Bit mama's head off on the way to work. Twice. Of course, you know she should KNOW by now that I'm NOT a morning person to start with. She should have known to stop bugging me after the first time. But mother's are pretty much oblivious to that sort of thing. Or so I'm coming to believe. Then again, beating one's head against a brick wall is somewhat human nature, isn't it?

But the whole new job thing brightened my mood considerably. Even the grand coffee shower couldn't really dim me for too long.

:-)

Comments

Kristie said…
Yay on the new job! Congratulations!I am sure you will do wonderfully!
Heather said…
Hehe...KNEW you'd get it. Congratulations, Jana! And I am not laughing. Honest, I'm not. Okay, maybe just a little, but really -- can you blame me? :D

BTW, thank you for putting the Violent Femmes song in my head. Yes, I know...you have no idea who they are or what song, or even what you said. It was that disgusting blister comment, darn you. And now I can't get "Blister in the Sun" out of my head. Hate when that song gets stuck on repeat....

Curse you, Janabana! :p~~~
congratulations on the job!

lol at "devil pup" - cute doggie
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on the new job, Muss Jana! That's wonderful news. Let's hope that this is the beginning of more wonderful things to come your way.
Jana said…
Thanks for all the congrats, ya'll. I'm still really excited about it, even if I'm starting to get nervous. lol

Trix~How's it coming getting that song outta your head? LOL Sorry 'bout that!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today