Winter's Last Hurrah!
So apparently winter decided to give us one last final show before bowing out completely. Yep. We're in a cold snap. It's not like, freezing or anything but it's definitely cold. And it IS supposed to be frosty Saturday night. Yay. Not.
I got my hair cut. I'm bald!
LOL
Not really. It's up to my shoulders. But it feels naked. Like, there's no hair hanging down my back. I feel lighter. Light headed. No, I haven't been drinking. I can definitely do a better hair toss now. No so much on the flip. But the toss? Yep. You know, kinda like Cameron Diaz in Charlie's Angels, wasn't it?
hehehehehehe
I'm sooooo looking forward to a long weekend. Four. Whole. Days. (Trix, I almost wrote "hole"! Eek! lol) We get off tomorrow for Good Friday and I'm playing hookie on Monday. I need a couple of WEEKS but figured one day might do me. For now. Sis1 and her crew aren't coming in until Saturday afternoon so I won't have to deal with her/them too much. (I know. I'm terrible.)
I'm actually looking forward to Sunday. We're having breakfast at the church after the sunrise service and then after the morning service we're heading over to my grandparents' house. I think my cousins might actually be there this time. They all missed the last two or three holidays for various reasons. I haven't seen them since last Easter, I think. (my cousins on my dad's side. I've seen various cousins on my mom's side several times.) Gee, it's hard to believe it's been that long! We're a terribly horrible family. We all see our grandparents all the time but we only see each other at holidays or the odd run-in in town. Isn't that awful? It isn't at though we don't all live in the same general area. Well, I live in the same general area as them, anyway. And despite what my sisters say, I actually like my cousins. I guess we've just never been what you'd call close. Maybe when we were kids we hung out a little more but we all went in different "directions" once we hit puberty. Kinda sad.
I'm hoping to get the devil pup an appointment at the vet on Monday. She sorely needs her nails clipped and she won't let me do them. She likely won't want the vet to do them either but they have "puppy wranglers". LOL They won't give her a choice. But she seriously needs 'em clipped. They've gotten so long that they snag on the carpet...and ME. And they hurt. AND she's taken to biting them. LOL She just looks at my like I'm nuts when I tell her what a nasty habit that is. hehehehe
Well, I think I've exhausted my topics for today. Ya'll have a safe and wonderful Easter! And if for whatever reason you don't celebrate Easter, have a safe and happy weekend!
I got my hair cut. I'm bald!
LOL
Not really. It's up to my shoulders. But it feels naked. Like, there's no hair hanging down my back. I feel lighter. Light headed. No, I haven't been drinking. I can definitely do a better hair toss now. No so much on the flip. But the toss? Yep. You know, kinda like Cameron Diaz in Charlie's Angels, wasn't it?
hehehehehehe
I'm sooooo looking forward to a long weekend. Four. Whole. Days. (Trix, I almost wrote "hole"! Eek! lol) We get off tomorrow for Good Friday and I'm playing hookie on Monday. I need a couple of WEEKS but figured one day might do me. For now. Sis1 and her crew aren't coming in until Saturday afternoon so I won't have to deal with her/them too much. (I know. I'm terrible.)
I'm actually looking forward to Sunday. We're having breakfast at the church after the sunrise service and then after the morning service we're heading over to my grandparents' house. I think my cousins might actually be there this time. They all missed the last two or three holidays for various reasons. I haven't seen them since last Easter, I think. (my cousins on my dad's side. I've seen various cousins on my mom's side several times.) Gee, it's hard to believe it's been that long! We're a terribly horrible family. We all see our grandparents all the time but we only see each other at holidays or the odd run-in in town. Isn't that awful? It isn't at though we don't all live in the same general area. Well, I live in the same general area as them, anyway. And despite what my sisters say, I actually like my cousins. I guess we've just never been what you'd call close. Maybe when we were kids we hung out a little more but we all went in different "directions" once we hit puberty. Kinda sad.
I'm hoping to get the devil pup an appointment at the vet on Monday. She sorely needs her nails clipped and she won't let me do them. She likely won't want the vet to do them either but they have "puppy wranglers". LOL They won't give her a choice. But she seriously needs 'em clipped. They've gotten so long that they snag on the carpet...and ME. And they hurt. AND she's taken to biting them. LOL She just looks at my like I'm nuts when I tell her what a nasty habit that is. hehehehe
Well, I think I've exhausted my topics for today. Ya'll have a safe and wonderful Easter! And if for whatever reason you don't celebrate Easter, have a safe and happy weekend!
Comments
I never see any of my relatives. Seriously. My Dad's side...never knew any of the cousins there (most of them live(d) in Oregon) and the one near Madison I did meet before Dad died was rather...out there, if ya know what I mean.
Mom's side...I see one aunt only on the rare occasion I stop in at the Wis. Craft Market, and even rarer is the cousin who works there, but the rest of them? I have aunts, uncles and cousins in this town I haven't see in a decade. Not kidding. We don't even get invited to weddings and only hear about births via the newspaper. I sometimes envy people like you who actually HAVE family.
And hey! Weren't you supposed to participate in something this week?? *Taps foot, arms crossed*
BTW, it's only 23 here today. That's before taking windchill into account. It is NOT supposed to be this cold days before Easter!
It is actually supposed to be in the 30's Saturday night which is AWEFUL considering that Sunday morning it'll be to cold to wear my new strappy sandals. *pout*
You suck. LOL
Yeah, I knew you'd get a kick outta that. :-D