Points of Note
- I'm down 2lbs since the last time I weighed. That's down 2lbs of the 5 or so that I had re-gained recently. Not 2 new never before lost pounds. But I'll take it!
- To reward myself, I had a cream cheese danish yesterday morning. lol
- My best friend's little brother is in hot water. Took the frustration of his mother's worsening cancer out on a church van window by shooting it out. Could possibly do time in juvie. Best friend is indignant and pissed and claims she never did anything so stupid at his age. I was there. I know better. lol
- My nose and forehead are peeling from the sunburn sustained Friday. Not. Pretty. Can't wait for my scalp to start peeling and I look like some dandruff freak. Not.
- The Devil Pup is no longer allowed on my bed. I think she gave me fleas. *scratches leg*
- Sis1 is PAYING someone to organize her house. I've been begging her to let me do it for AGES and now she's paying someone. Totally not fair.
- I've got the BP commercial ditty stuck in my head. Say hey!
- I miss my muse. She and my characters all went on vacay without me when I started the new job and now I can't coax 'em back. *pout*
- Why do I feel the need to be "connected" on all these internet communities when I don't even like to be "connected" in real life? I joined Facebook Friday. That makes counts on fingers four? But I at least I found a few people in Facebook that I actually know in person.
- Emmy is apparently going to have to repeat first grade. *sigh* She's a smart kid but it took her a little while at the first of the school year to get settled in and figure out this whole studying thing. She failed a few spelling and reading tests and even though that girl has worked her little hiney off the past few months, it's not enough to make up for that first little while. Her teacher is convinced that she'd be behind in second grade. I don't know. I'm not a teacher so I don't know how they gauge that sort of thing but it's highly frustrating and I'm so dissappointed for Emmy. Not disappointed in her. Just for her.
- BF is coming to MS again next week (to bring her brother back and visit her mom) and she and I are supposed to have a night out without the sleazoid. Yay! I hope it actually happens. Otherwise, I'll end up out there at the house avoiding him. I can't help but wonder is she hasn't finally picked up on the fact that I can't stand to be around him or if maybe he's talking smack about me to her. Men don't take rejection well, you know. And she's never suggested us going out before when she's been home. I just always go out to her mom's house and hang out and once in a blue moon we'll all end up going somewhere. But I haven't been anywhere with just her in years. Which feels weird, now that I think about it. We used to go out and do fun stuff together all the time before she and sleazoid hooked up.
- Figured out this morning that Sis2's next baby shower falls on the same day as a mandatory work Saturday. Fortunately, I have understanding boss type people who are willing to work it out so that I can leave work in time to get to the shower but...I'm still a little frustrated because I won't get to spend any time with her that morning. *sigh* Somedays I hate being an adult. (I almost said a "grown-up" but I haven't yet reached that status yet. hehehehehe)
I think that's all the highlights of what's going on with me, in my head and otherwise. ;-)
Comments
hehehehehehe