Thursday Thirteen



Thirteen Things In My Refrigerator

A conversation on one of the threads I frequent inspired this one.


1. Mayonnaise. For those rare and odd occasions I have stuff to make sandwiches. I'm not sure how old it is, though, so I might need to toss it.

2. Maraschino Cherries. I bought them to make some mini-cheesecakes and of course, it's more economical to buy the super huge jar than the little one, right? Doesn't hurt that they're tasty. And good with ice cream. NOT that I keep ice cream in my freezer. Much.

3. String Cheese. They're an excellent source of protein and calcium AND they pair well with...

4. Marinara (pizza) Sauce. Not that I actually make anything that warrants the use of the stuff but it's great dipping sauce for string cheese. Makes you feel like you're getting the whole pizza experience without all the pizza calories.

5. Sugar Free Pudding Cups. Mochacino Sundae. Mmmm...Again, great source of calcium AND a low cal treat. And you get your chocolate fix, coffee fix, etc. So really, it's a sweet deal of a snack.

6. Slimfast Cappuciano Shakes. Alert the media! I've got Slimfast in my refrigerator!

7. Chicken carcass. Okay, that sounds totally and for sure gross, I know. BUT...you know that rotisserie chicken I bought and barely managed not to consume in one standing? Well, the chicken's gone now but I didn't want to put the bones and stuff in the garbage can until trash pickup day. Don't want no smelly chicken house! BUT...*sigh* I forgot that yesterday was Wednesday instead of Tuesday and MISSED trash pick-up altogether. So. Still stuck with a carcass in my fridge.

8. Half empty can of light whipped cream.

9. Half a stick of reduced fat margarine. Possibly two years old. I can't remember.

10. A three year old (maybe four!) mostly empty jar of olives left over from some party or another that I hosted a while back. Emmy's 5th birthday maybe? :-/

11. Mustard. I don't even really like mustard but my mother insists I keep it on hand.

12. Half a bottle of ranch salad dressing. Haven't eaten a salad in MONTHS, if that tells you anything. *cringe*

13. Cool-Aid cooler, grape flavored. Emmy left it in there some AGES ago when she came to visit.

There are a slight few other items (flour, cornmeal, pickles, a can of Dr. Thunder from three years back) but that's the highlights.




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Heather


2. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


Comments

Heather said…
ROFL at the chicken carcas but completely understand. I often leave stuff that needs tossing but that will smell up the house in the fridge until the garbage bag is full...and then forget all about it until after I've just come in from taking the trash out.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today