Vol. 1, no.1, 2007

Okay, so I've been working with periodicals for FAR TOO LONG lately. LOL

But were I to split the weekend reviews into volumes, nos. and years, I'd be on something like volume 3, no. 17, May 2007. Not that I, you know, sat down and calculated that or anything. hehehehehe

Anyhoo, here's the 4-1-1 on the weekend ala me.

Friday: Averted crisis of impending house guests Friday night by citing severe PMS crankiness as a potential liability. (It's true. I was severely cranky most of last week. Warned Sis1 that should she and Emmy persist with their plans of taking up space in my residence for the night I might inadvertently hurt their feelings, offend or otherwise annoy them.) Sis1 played it smart and skipped my house, did not pass go and went straight to the folks' house Friday night. Blessedly, it was just me, Libby and Ghost Whisperer Friday night. Joy! (BTW, how creepy was GW? I'm sooooo hoping they're not leading to ending the series. Heard any gossip Trix?)

Saturday: Got up early and gave Mr. Mastercard another workout. I let him treat me to some groceries, a new DVD (Walk the Line--love me some Joaquin Phoenix. YUM! The movie's pretty good, too. hehe) and a mother's day pressie for Mama. While the cheese section tempted me, Sis1 called on my cell and informed me that Sis2 had decide that she required me to make my famous mini-cheesecakes for her baby shower that was coming up on Sunday. Had to retrace my steps backwards to pick up a tub of Philly ready-serve cheesecake. While there, I let a little carton of cream cheese spread talk it's way into my cart and wouldn't you know that as I walked back past the cheese aisle, the little stinker invited a block of extra sharp cheddar along for the ride? I was so distracted by all the promises of delight they were whispering that I had to double back THREE TIMES before I remembered to actually put a box of Puffs Plus in my cart. Apparently the promise of a sore-free nose is less appealing than the promise of cheesy goodness.

Once I finally got all of them home and put away, I had to rush around and get my crap together and head on out to the folks'. Command attendance, you know. Fortunately, cream cheese, chocolate milk (how'd I get home with that?) and a couple bites of cinnamon toastie things goes a long way toward alleviating some of the stress of PMS. Who knew? But I did manage to get the car loaded down with various luggage, shower paraphernalia, gifts and the Devil Pup and made it out there almost exactly to the second that I'd promised I would--only to have to turn around and go BACK home to pick up some shower paraphenalia that my mother neglected to remind me to remember to bring. Ugh! So basically, yeah. I spent an hour and a half in the car driving from my house, to theirs and back and forth. What a pain!

After I finally got all that junk situated, I tried to keep from going slowly insane in between Sis1 and Emmy clamoring for attention, keeping Libby out of the stuff she's not supposed to be into and trying to keep up with what Mama was trying to get me to do--and mostly succeeded. There was one minor second when I just had to walk outside, snort out a growl and walk back in. But everyone escaped unharmed and all was well. For Saturday, at least.

I got dragged into helping set up for the shower (I was supposed to be responsibility free but apparently my "just say no" campaign is still rather weak. Fortunately, this time it paid off handsomely. But even in my being the good daughter/sister/whatever my mere presence in the preparation of the thing proved to both annoy and upset Sis1 because she hadn't been asked to help. She was physically there but her opinions weren't solicited nor were they heeded while mine were. I did not ask to be included--in fact stated that I'd rather not be--and yet she was hurt and upset with ME along with Mama and the aunt--the two who were SUPPOSED to be planning the thing together. And it isn't as though all of my opinions were heeded, either. I got shot down plenty (and sure, it stung because I'm brilliant and all of my opinions are brilliant and their ignorance annoyed me but I got over it. Mostly. hehe)

After we got all that out of the way, though, the rest of the afternoon/evening went well. We went fishing and stayed out at the pond till nearly seven. I didn't catch a bloomin' thing. So annoying. Emmy caught a bass, a brim and a catfish. At one point I kept singing part of the old children's song Peter, James and John--the verse that says, "Fished all day, caught no fishes." Of course, that lead to Emmy making me sing the whole song over and over. LOL

Shortly upon our triumphant return (well, Daddy's, Sis1's and Emmy's "triumph") Sis2 and Goofus rolled in. The instant Sis2 stepped down from the truck, my jaw hit the ground. She done got BIG! Like, all belly big. She looks...pregnant! ROFL

Yeah, I know she's pregnant and it isn't like she wasn't already showing but, I mean, she's like...pregnant now. Before, when you looked at her you might think she was pregnant. Now you KNOW she's pregnant. She looks so gol darned cute. hehehehe

We mostly just ate, talked and played with Libby. She adores her Aunt Sis2 and Uncle Goofus. hehehe

Sunday: The big day. I woke up around 5:30 or so and could NOT go back to sleep. I laid in bed until 6 and decided to give it up. So I went ahead and got up to get my shower. Turns out I was pretty smart because six people trying to all get showers in a one bathroom house in four hours is not as easy as one might think. Especially in an older house where the hot water heater has to re-heat after every shower. LOL

But, we all made it to church fed, bathed and dressed. Mostly on time. Sis2 and Goofus slid in right before the start of the service. And you know, I had like a complete stupid moment of a slight twinge of jealousy when the preacher man hugged Sis2. You know my issues with them, right? But she's married now, hugely pregnant (if I were catty I'd just say HUGE. hehehe) and it was an innocent hug between old friends to boot. But there it was. And I realize something. I could never be in a relationship with this man. I might could overlook a lot of our differences and junk but this one thing...silly and childish though it may be--it will always fester in me. I know. I'm pushing thirty and it's time I get over this hang-up I have with being second fiddle to her. But, once ingrained, it's more difficult than algebra to get over hang-ups developed in early childhood and nurtured throughout the rest of your life. Especially when it's still being hammered in from every direction. Never good enough. Second best. Like the original only heavier with less flavor. *sigh*

Ugh! I did NOT mean to get all Dr. Phil guest on ya'll, seriously.

Anyhoo, after church we rushed around to finish prepping for the shower which was to take place at 2 in the church fellowship hall.

The shower came out lovely despite any aggravation I may have felt before, during and after. But the main thing is the main thing and that main thing being that Sis2 had a lovely baby shower and made off with a slightly HUGE haul of gifts (only a few of them pictured below). And we had fun.

After the shower, we went home, got comfortable and chatted until we all went home. (How's THAT for abbreviating! lol) I got home mid-Desperate Housewives and BOY and I glad I didn't miss the whole thing. Very dramatic and OMGosh how hot was Mike when he swept Susan up into his arms? *swoon*

Anyhoo, Libby put herself to bed somewhere on the other side of 9:00 and I crashed somewhere near 10. And here I am. Tired, a little angsty from family issues that inevitably bite you on the butt now and again but for the most part, happy.

Hope ya'll had a good one!

Comments

Heather said…
Cute shirts you all were wearing!

Wasn't GW creepy?? It has not yet been announced whether the show will be back for another season, but I hope it will. How can it not? I think the networks are waiting until after May sweeps to announce which shows will be back and which are axed. In any case, I hope they don't kill off another character at the end of this season--especially not Jim, Delia or Professor Payne. Although...if anything were to happen to Jim, it might be interesting to see where Melinda and Payne might go.
Jana said…
I'll be really pissed if Jim dies. I kinda get the feeling that they're leading to that by them pushing Malinda and Payne together, but I hope not. I "heart" Jim. He's the kind of husband I could definitely live with. hehehehe
Anonymous said…
Ugh, family. I can second you on the sister issues. Only I'm the oldest and it's the baby I'm working on getting over jealousy of. The twit's pregnant and I'm not gonna be and the world revolves around her and I'm jealous. . .get OVER it, right? :P On life. Hand over the chocolate.

Tim just handed me a big ole check. . .WOW. God is awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today