Accomplishments
First off, did I even spell that right?
Anyway, so you know (or do you?) I set myself some new and improved goals as far as getting healthy (and hopefully THINNER). 15 minutes, 5 days a week for 4 weeks on my stationary bike. It's all about forming new and healthier lifestyle habits. I met the first week of my goal yesterday. (Going from Wednesday to Wednesday) Come payday, I will be the proud new owner of a DVD I've been eyeing for a while. (A no-calorie reward, you know.) Unless I change my mind and decide to reward myself with something else. I haven't decided yet. LOL
It's hard making myself do this because, you know, it's like hot here in the south. And Jana? She hates to sweat. Like, really hates it. But I do it because it's necessary. Necessary for my health and my quality of life. I don't want to be a fat girl forever. But even if I never lose another pound, I will still be better off with a healthier habit than without it, right?
I've started reading a new self-help book, too. Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney. A woman who not only knows what it's REALLY like (and what it really means) to be a big girl, but also how to lose the weight and keep it off. She lost 70lbs and has kept it off for 20 years! I'd say that gives her a lot of credibility. Though I'm just in the second chapter/part, I love the way she approaches the concept. She gives practical tips, hints and ideas on how the average woman can get a grip on her life and her health. It's not a quick fix or magical step by step guide. It's more of a "change your thinking, kill your inner whiner and figure out your own program" way of approaching it. Because lets face it, being fat isn't just about being obese. It's not the donut or the extra slice of cake or even the evil chocolate tempter. It's all about what's going on inside you. In your heart, your mind. It's the way you see yourself, hide yourself. Not necessarily what goes into your mouth. Though yes, I concede, it's ultimately the donut/extra slice of cake/evil chocolate tempter that stacks on the pounds. But it's the reason we shovel it in that makes us fat.
Lisa says it a lot better but that's where I'm at.
What's really funny, though, is the whole time I'm reading it, my inner whiner says, "But you can't do that! You've got A, B and C to think about and it would just never work." Or, "This doesn't really apply to you because you've never done D, E or F." I hope somewhere in the book is a way to tell the inner whiner where to stick it, you know? LOL
Anyway, I do have a sense of accomplishment from completing just this one small part of my goal. I had to put the scale away...just tuck it in the storage room and walk away. I should have never gotten the stupid thing because I did exactly what I told everyone I didn't want to do. I became a slave to it. And as soon as that happened, it seems all progress stopped. Because each time the numbers didn't change I just sank further and further into that dark abyss of "Who am I kidding? I can't do this. I was born fat and I'm meant to STAY fat. Screw this. I'm eating a Danish."
So I will be a slave no longer. I resolve to avoid stepping on it for at least a month. A month from today I will check the numbers. Not a day before.
Anyway, that being said, Guess what Jana ate for supper last night.
Two slices of Pizza Hut pizza (thin crust meat lovers) four mild buffalo wings and two cheesy bread sticks.
ROFLOL
Anyway, so you know (or do you?) I set myself some new and improved goals as far as getting healthy (and hopefully THINNER). 15 minutes, 5 days a week for 4 weeks on my stationary bike. It's all about forming new and healthier lifestyle habits. I met the first week of my goal yesterday. (Going from Wednesday to Wednesday) Come payday, I will be the proud new owner of a DVD I've been eyeing for a while. (A no-calorie reward, you know.) Unless I change my mind and decide to reward myself with something else. I haven't decided yet. LOL
It's hard making myself do this because, you know, it's like hot here in the south. And Jana? She hates to sweat. Like, really hates it. But I do it because it's necessary. Necessary for my health and my quality of life. I don't want to be a fat girl forever. But even if I never lose another pound, I will still be better off with a healthier habit than without it, right?
I've started reading a new self-help book, too. Former Fat Girl by Lisa Delaney. A woman who not only knows what it's REALLY like (and what it really means) to be a big girl, but also how to lose the weight and keep it off. She lost 70lbs and has kept it off for 20 years! I'd say that gives her a lot of credibility. Though I'm just in the second chapter/part, I love the way she approaches the concept. She gives practical tips, hints and ideas on how the average woman can get a grip on her life and her health. It's not a quick fix or magical step by step guide. It's more of a "change your thinking, kill your inner whiner and figure out your own program" way of approaching it. Because lets face it, being fat isn't just about being obese. It's not the donut or the extra slice of cake or even the evil chocolate tempter. It's all about what's going on inside you. In your heart, your mind. It's the way you see yourself, hide yourself. Not necessarily what goes into your mouth. Though yes, I concede, it's ultimately the donut/extra slice of cake/evil chocolate tempter that stacks on the pounds. But it's the reason we shovel it in that makes us fat.
Lisa says it a lot better but that's where I'm at.
What's really funny, though, is the whole time I'm reading it, my inner whiner says, "But you can't do that! You've got A, B and C to think about and it would just never work." Or, "This doesn't really apply to you because you've never done D, E or F." I hope somewhere in the book is a way to tell the inner whiner where to stick it, you know? LOL
Anyway, I do have a sense of accomplishment from completing just this one small part of my goal. I had to put the scale away...just tuck it in the storage room and walk away. I should have never gotten the stupid thing because I did exactly what I told everyone I didn't want to do. I became a slave to it. And as soon as that happened, it seems all progress stopped. Because each time the numbers didn't change I just sank further and further into that dark abyss of "Who am I kidding? I can't do this. I was born fat and I'm meant to STAY fat. Screw this. I'm eating a Danish."
So I will be a slave no longer. I resolve to avoid stepping on it for at least a month. A month from today I will check the numbers. Not a day before.
Anyway, that being said, Guess what Jana ate for supper last night.
Two slices of Pizza Hut pizza (thin crust meat lovers) four mild buffalo wings and two cheesy bread sticks.
ROFLOL
Comments
As for the whole diet thing, well, I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm actually thinking of taking up belly dancing...not around anyone (puhleeze), but it is good cardiac and all over exercise. Might as well try something, right? :)
Hope life is going well for you.