Of Photos and Men
Spent another Saturday lazily sorting through and ID'ing photographs. This time, at least, they're my own, instead of my mother's. ;) I still don't have any albums for them, but sorting and IDing are half the battle. I've abandoned my mother's for the moment. Her's are so far out of chronological order I could cry. Seriously. It's depressing. I need a good stiff drink before I even ATTEMPT to get back to them!
Actually, I'm just craving a Mudslide and need an excuse. hehehehe
So yeah, that's pretty much all I did Saturday. Worked on photographs, played with the DP and *gasp* took a nap!
Yesterday was the typical Sunday routine. Church, folks' house, church, home.
I'm really starting to wonder about the preacher man, though. I don't know WHAT's going on with him. He's all sweet to me, hugs me, tries to engage my dad in conversation yesterday morning and then last night...nuthin'. I'm like, dude, what's UP?! I know he's got a lot going on in his life right now. Probably more than he lets on and definitely more than I know about but...
Yeah, I know. I'm not obsessing over him anymore. He and I and any potential whatever is entirely in God's hands. I'm done trying to make a mountain out of less than a molehill. It's still frustrating though. I would AT LEAST like to know for certain that we are at least, FRIENDS. Even if nothing of the romantic variety happened, I still admire him. I still think he's a good guy and would make a great friend. He's all up in everyone else's lives why not mine? Am I that stand-offish? Probably. *sigh*
Anyway, you know, my dad's just as confusing. One minute I feel like I'm the dirt beneath his shoes, I'll never measure up to Sis2, always be the flunky annoying youngest daughter who was supposed to be a boy who he can't be bothered with and then he goes and gets all sweet like he did yesterday. He bought us (me and him specifically) a watermelon. And then he cut it up and brought it to me. He's never waited on me before. Okay, maybe I can count on three fingers how many times he's waited on me. And even then, it was when I was laid up with various injuries. So yeah, it was nice. And I know it's like lapping up crumbs but I'll take it.
I received some sad news when I checked my email this morning. My dear friend Heather's cat passed away over the weekend. Anyone who's ever truly loved a pet knows the difficulty and sadness associated with such a loss. And as she's had Squeaky since kitty-hood, it's especially difficult. So ya'll say some prayers for Miss Heather.
Rest in peace, Miss Squeaky. You were loved and will be missed.
Actually, I'm just craving a Mudslide and need an excuse. hehehehe
So yeah, that's pretty much all I did Saturday. Worked on photographs, played with the DP and *gasp* took a nap!
Yesterday was the typical Sunday routine. Church, folks' house, church, home.
I'm really starting to wonder about the preacher man, though. I don't know WHAT's going on with him. He's all sweet to me, hugs me, tries to engage my dad in conversation yesterday morning and then last night...nuthin'. I'm like, dude, what's UP?! I know he's got a lot going on in his life right now. Probably more than he lets on and definitely more than I know about but...
Yeah, I know. I'm not obsessing over him anymore. He and I and any potential whatever is entirely in God's hands. I'm done trying to make a mountain out of less than a molehill. It's still frustrating though. I would AT LEAST like to know for certain that we are at least, FRIENDS. Even if nothing of the romantic variety happened, I still admire him. I still think he's a good guy and would make a great friend. He's all up in everyone else's lives why not mine? Am I that stand-offish? Probably. *sigh*
Anyway, you know, my dad's just as confusing. One minute I feel like I'm the dirt beneath his shoes, I'll never measure up to Sis2, always be the flunky annoying youngest daughter who was supposed to be a boy who he can't be bothered with and then he goes and gets all sweet like he did yesterday. He bought us (me and him specifically) a watermelon. And then he cut it up and brought it to me. He's never waited on me before. Okay, maybe I can count on three fingers how many times he's waited on me. And even then, it was when I was laid up with various injuries. So yeah, it was nice. And I know it's like lapping up crumbs but I'll take it.
I received some sad news when I checked my email this morning. My dear friend Heather's cat passed away over the weekend. Anyone who's ever truly loved a pet knows the difficulty and sadness associated with such a loss. And as she's had Squeaky since kitty-hood, it's especially difficult. So ya'll say some prayers for Miss Heather.
Rest in peace, Miss Squeaky. You were loved and will be missed.
Comments
I love that your daddy bought watermelon to share with just you. Good man. Can I have some? LOL
Love ya,
Sara
Thanks for thinking of me and Squeaky. I was really missing her last night, but today has been a bit better.