Silly Thrills, Minor Chills and Monday

Ugh! It's Monday with avengance.

As thought it isn't bad enough being PMSed (like ya'll needed to know that!) I was walking into the building this morning, reached up to adjust my blouse and...oh wait. What's that? That's a...that's a tag! Yep, my friends. Jana had her shirt on inside out and BACKWARDS. That's what I get for getting dressed in a hurry and not taking a minute to check out the mirror. THANKFULLY, I realized it before anyone saw me and booked it to the ladies room to do a switch-a-roo.

It just really didn't help my feelings any, that's for sure. I've been so grumpy this morning that the devil pup is threatening to divorce me, my mother is scared to talk to me and I would just as soon walk into oncoming traffic than to deal with myself or anyone else. Although, I did get a good laugh at myself. Guess God was trying to lighten my mood, huh?

Anyway, on with the show. I promise, today will not be a gripefest.

So, the weekend...

Well, got up at the crack of dawn (or an hour later) and got ready to head to Tuscaloosa to visit Sis1, Emmy and BIL. Mama and Aunt Linda and Libby and I left from my house and got there sometime after 9:00. We had just barely gotten unloaded when my cousin's wife and the boys pulled in. Those boys are CUTE. I knew they were from their pictures, but they're ten times cuter in person. And amazingly enough, they took to me right away. Kids usually take a while to warm up to me. Maybe it was the fact that I had Libby joined at my hip that assured them that I'm not an evil meanie. LOL

Jacob fell in love with Libby. He followed her around just about all day giggling and pointing out the fact that she's a dog. He'd go up to her and let her lick his face and he'd just laugh and carry on. His mama wasn't too crazy about the licking, I'm sure, but she was cool. We had a lot of fun. I haven't seen Jacob since he was about two months old (he'll be two YEARS old in October), had NEVER seen Branson (he's four months old) and hadn't seen Tasha (my cousin's wife) since Jacob was two months old.

It was a really fun and relaxed day, though. We nibbled on goodies, laughed and played with the kids and Libby. Took tons of pictures. (I don't have them with me today, though. Sorry. I don't think I'd post them anyway unless Tasha gave me permission.) BIL's mother came up from Jackson shortly before lunch. I haven't seen her since Madison's birthday in November. So it was a pleasant visit all the way around.

Libby and I were exhausted, of course, by the time we got home. That baby had a ball playing with Jacob and Emmy. We vegged on the couch and watched TLC until bedtime. I didn't even have to bribe her to go to bed, bless her heart. She was just that worn out.

Decided yesterday to take the day off from family togetherness and just drove out for church. Mama wasn't going to be around much anyway because she was going over to visit my other grandparents' church. Pa-paw was filling in preaching and she wanted to hear him. I would have loved to hear him but I sooooo did not want to go over there to that church, nor did I want to be stuck at my mother's mercy. So Daddy and I went to our church.

It was really interesting. We had a couple of Philippine missionaries visiting our church and they both gave their testimony and one gave a sermon. He was really on fire for the Lord and just inspired some real excitement in worship. Definitely something I'm glad I didn't miss.

Had a silly goofy little thrill as I was leaving, though. Okay, so I know I said I'm not focusing on the preacher man anymore and I'm not, for the most part. BUT. You know, I've always joked that he loves my Mama and all. He didn't even ask where she was! And the once or twice I've been absent, he's asked about me. hehehehehe Yeah, I'm a dork. We all know this so we'll just move right along.

So skipped the folks' house and went home. Which was weird, but REALLY nice. I love my parents. I love that I live close enough that I get to see them often. BUT...it's nice when I don't HAVE to see them, either. Nice that they've learned not to throw a guilt trip on me when I don't hang around after church. There was a time in my life when they did. Badly. And they've finally (after 6 years) learned that it's not a personal attack on THEM if I choose to go to my house after church.

So Libby and I hung out at home and vegged in front of the TV. She was in an ill mood, though, so I tried to mostly ignore her. I think my PMS has rubbed off on her. LOL I finished watching Stephen King's THE STAND which still gives me chills. I had taped it eons ago when it premiered on television and decided to transfer it to DVD. Wouldn't you know, after I finished, I was flipping channels and they were running it on SciFi? So I watched an hour or more of it on there, too. hehehehehe I think I just love Gary Senise and Rob Lowe. hehehehe

And so there's my weekend review. Hope ya'll had a good one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today