The weekend with pictures...
So yeah. Super early morning Saturday. But I got some reading done before I left to go meet him. And, you know, I ate FAR too much. It was buffet so you know I couldn't let my 8.99 go to waste! LOL
It was a lot of fun, though. I can count on one hand the number of times Daddy and I hung out just the two of us when I was a kid. It's really cool that now that I'm an adult he seems more interested in hanging out with just me. And what made it even more special was that he opened up with me about some things that he'd never talked to me about. Things that I'm pretty sure he's only talked to Mama about before. So that was really cool. Made me feel special.
Went home and looked at the mess around the house and decided, meh. Not really feeling it. (That's all Libby's mess, BTW!)
I decided to get on my bike and work off some calories instead. I went 16 whole minutes! Woo Hoo! ;-)Was just settling down to watch a little TV when Sis1 called to inform me that BIL (her hubby)would be spending the night with us at my house. Which mean, kids, Jana had to scramble to get "his" room cleaned enough for him to find the bed, at least. Yeah, he sleeps in the "storage room." LOL
Saturday afternoon, Sis1 and Scarlett, pictured here with Libby, rode into town and parked at my house for the night.
Sis1 and I went out to supper. We hadn't been out in a long while so it was nice. I got a New York strip steak that was to die for. It was smothered in sauteed onions, portobello mushrooms and Montery Jack cheese and came with garlic mashed potatoes and steemed green beans with were, I hafta say, yucky. No seasoning. I had to pour some of the honey mustard dressing left over from my salad on them just to force some of them down. I did finish all my steak but left most of the taters and beans. I was glad I did, too, because we stopped at Sonic and got a .99 rootbeer float for dessert. heheheheBIL didn't actually make it out to my house until nearly 10. He had gone straight out to the RC field when he got into town and flew his model airplanes with his buddies. He got horribly sunburned. You'd think at 42 he'd have figured out how to apply some SPF 30! LOL We ended up staying up to after midnight watching TLC and catching up on gossip. LOL
Yesterday brought Sis2 and Goofus home where we all (minus BIL who was spending the day with his dad) went to church. I sang "This is My Father's World" to rave reviews. Though, to be honest, while I was up there I was certain I must have sounded horrible. Every time I worked up the courage to look out into the audience (as opposed to staring at my wordsheet) everyone was scowling! So I stopped looking up. LOL
No, I was so nervous and you know, I wanted very badly to say "no" when they asked me to sing but...you know that whole conviction thing. The Lord said, "Sing," so Jana sang. I hope I didn't suck but who cares? I was just doing what He asked me to do! ;-)
After church we took Daddy out for lunch and then came back to the house where everyone vegged for a while.

Had a little mini-birthday celebration for Mama. Her birthday was actually Wednesday but I couldn't do her cake then. So yeah, that below is my masterpiece. A very traumatic story, too. Wanna hear it?
Too bad. You get to hear it anyway. So Mama's favorite cake is carrot cake and I always make her one even though it rarely gets eaten and she CAN'T really eat it, being diabetic and all. But tradition's tradition, right? So I had bought the cakemix (what? you didn't think I made it from scratch, did you? lol) Friday night but forgot that you gotta have eggs. Duh! So had to make a quick run to get eggs after breakfast Saturday morning. So, get the batter mixed and go to grease the pan.
Now, mind you, Jana doesn't cook much anymore and I certainly don't have a regular need for shortening. I hadn't bought any for some three years and even that was a small half used can. I pull it out and ya'll, it's the consistency of rubber. No longer shortening, that's for sure! So I figured, some margerine would do the trick, right?
Nope. the middle of the bottoms stuck to the pans and I had to patchwork them back together before I iced it. And THEN, I put the top layer on upside down. *sigh* AND THEN, I hadn't realized that the canned frosting I'd bought was Whips! which meant that it doesn't go on smooth. I spent and hour trying to get the stupid icing to go on evenly and smoothly before I figured out that I was fighting an unwinable battle. But I think I did a good job of making the "waves" perty, don't you? And heck, the thing tastes scrumptious so who cares about the drama, right? hehehe
So anyway, after cake was more hanging around and doing the whole chitchat thing which at one point led to the picture below. Sis2, in case you're wondering, is trying to figure out just when her belly became public property! LOL
But then it was time to say goodbye.
Hugs all around, a little more goofing off and...That's it!
I got home right at 8:00...just in time to catch the first episode of the new season of The 4400.
:-)
Comments
(What, you thought I'd forget about that?? HA!)
hehehehe
Seriously, I have no clue when I'll get to take them. I never leave the house unless at gunpoint. LOL I'll have to set aside one Saturday and just go joy riding with the camera.
BTW, did you see "The 4400" Sunday night, or did you forget?