hehehe
So, you may have guessed, I've been on vacation. Want the skinny? Well, you're getting it anyway. :-p
So I ended up spending all of last weekend with my folks. My former pastor and his wife were in town visiting so we went to a BBQ that Friday night. I haven't seen them since '04 so it was really great to get some hugs and catch up. They're both very important to me since I practically grew up with him as my pastor. Probably from 12-22...all my formative years, I guess you could say. And even now, I still think of them as family. So yeah, I had a great time visiting with them as well as some former church family I grew up with, too. What made it even better was how everyone kept telling me how pretty I am. LOL I know they were totally blowing smoke but it was flattering anyway. hehehehe
Saturday I ended up playing babysitter to Emmy who had been staying with the folks' while they went and played for a few hours. Supposedly running errands but they played. I know them better than that. But Emmy and I had fun anyway. Despite the fact that I felt like crap warmed over. (lovely image, eh? lol) She's growing up so fast. Babysitting her now is a world of difference from the way it used to be. I no longer have to entertain her. That's what Hannah Montana's for. lol
Well, that and the great outdoors. ;-)

We got totally faked out by the weather, too. Emmy and I were outside with the dogs
(she insists on taking Libby out) and it got all dark, the wind picked up...I mean, you could actually SMELL the rain. Thunder. Lightening. The whole nine yards. Emmy was getting nervous, I was getting excited (I love thunderstorms.)
I hustled Emmy and the dogs inside and listened to the dogs bark at the thunder for a good thirty minutes. And then...nuthin'. So disappointing.
By the time Mama and Daddy got back it was hot as blazes again and the sun was shining. Boo. Hiss.
Anyhow, Sunday was Daddy's birthday (53. Shhhh! Don't tell him I toldja!) and we loaded up after church and went to Pizza Hut. (Yeah, we're the last of the big spenders! lol) We get there and we're trying to decide what pizzas to order. Mama's paying so we gotta go cheap and we settle on the meal for 4 which is two medium pizzas with your bread sticks and drinks. Emmy insists on getting a plain cheese pizza for herself. Never mind that the whole thing would go to waste and no way would a medium meat lovers feed the remaining three of us. So when I placed the order I asked for half cheese half Hawaiian.
You'd have thought I told the child she couldn't have ANY pizza. She didn't speak to me for half an hour. Until the bread sticks came. Only then did she crack a smile and look at me without glaring. But the kicker? When the pizzas came, guess which half of the cheese/Hawaiian combo she ate? Yep. My Hawaiian. Kids. *snort*
An impromptu birthday party at my grandparent's house and a church service later, I escaped, I mean, went home. You know, I love my folks. I really do. Couldn't live without 'em but...man, they get under my skin like a splinter in no time flat.
Monday and Tuesday were my lazy days. I did absolutely as little as I could get away with. In fact, other than the twenty minutes both days that I worked out on my stationary bike and the odd trip outside with Libs, my butt rarely left the couch. It has the permanent dent to prove it. (The couch. Not my butt. My butt's still fluffy.) I slept later, read a good book (Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett), had a chick flick marathon, took naps and avoided the telephone. I did manage to keep the kitchen clean and get some laundry done but I spazzed out on grocery shopping and cleaning the house. Oh, and I actually COOKED my meals. Or prepared them. Whatever. I have finally learned how to fry eggs. (Don't freak. I used low fat margarine!) I remembered how to operate the oven, and prepared some KILLER Greek-style salads. I felt so Desperate Housewives-ish. You know, without the hottie plumber across the street or all the drama.
Wednesday morning I got up super early to squeeze in my last bike session to meet my four week goal and baked an apple pie to carry to the family gathering. We did the family thing (yada yada) and then I went back to T-town with Sis1, Emmy and BIL. We got stuck in post river fireworks traffic on Hwy. 69. Not. Fun. Didn't get to their house till after ten and then I had to stay up with Libs to get her to wind down enough to go to bed. She was so excited to see their dog Scarlett. LOL
Over the next two days I spent $30 on eating out, $40 on shopping and countless hours playing referee. I swear, Sis1 and Emmy are like a couple of children with all the bickering. BIL made himself scarce, choosing to skip all the drama (as he normally does) and work on his model airplanes instead. Smart man, that one. LOL
But I did have fun. They were much better behaved than usual and I got a break from taking Libby out because Emmy insisted on doing it. The only times I had to take her out were first thing in the mornings before Emmy got up. Oh, and that one time when it was raining and I didn't have an umbrella and got soaked. LOL
I tell you, though. You couldn't pay me enough to live in the city. And T-town is small compared to most other towns. But I hate all the traffic and noise. Trains coming through, sub-divisions where everyone knows all your business. I just couldn't do it.
Anyway, made it home yesterday and am still wondering where all the time went. *sigh*
Comments
And thanks for the compliment, you're dang cute yerself!
Blessings,
J
Glad you're back. GO Bike! :D
Sara
hehehe
Jord~Awe shucks. Thanks.
Heather~I've seriously wondered if time-outs work for childish adults. What think ye? ;-)