No TT

I'm too distracted so there'll be no Thursday Thirteen from me this week. Couldn't focus if I tried. Oddly enough, I did crank out a Drifter's scene though I think it stank like a monkey's butt. Pet, bless her heart, didn't let on like it stank but I'm sure it did. LOL

Anyway, yeah. I'm distracted. I'm not really worried, per se. I have faith that things will work out. They always do and if they don't? Well, I'll deal. I have before. I'm just distracted because it's in my nature to always have mental back-up plans for my back-up plans just in case things don't work out. Very human of me, no? (God probably gets a good chuckle out of the way my mind works out the details as if anything I might do will many any difference.)

What's going on? Oh, just regular mortal stuff. Everyday crap.

I took my car in Tuesday to have the radiator repaired/replaced because it's had a big ol' leak for over a year. Yeah, yeah, I've spent in anti-freeze to refill it what I coulda paid to have it replaced months ago. But $7.95 a gallon every three weeks is a heck of a lot cheaper than the $415 that was quoted to me back when I had my ignition switch replaced. And then when I HAD the money to replace/repair I didn't want to let go of the money. I'm a greedy wench that way. Rather like having a little cushion money in case I get run over by a Mac truck.

But, my mother took matters into her own hands and called the radiator dude and made the appointment so I felt obligated to go. And ya'll? Praise God it cost HALF of what the other dudes quoted me. Bunch of rip-offs. I won't be going back to THAT place.

Drove home with the a/c blasting because I was so proud to be ABLE to run it. (So long as I had that nasty leak, it wasn't safe or smart to do so.) And then halfway home, a little battery shaped light came on. I was thinking dude musta tripped a sensor or something like the previous times any lights came on.

No such luck. I actually did make it home, oblivious to the fact that I was draining my battery by keeping the radio and a/c on. *sigh* The lesson, kids is this: Read your freakin' manual and KNOW what each little light means.

So my battery croaked when I parked in the driveway. I wanted to cry and scream and yell and generally throw myself under a freakin' bus. I HATE cars. I HATE being poor and I HATE being stupid. Well, car stupid anyway.

I am very grateful to the Father for seeing me home safely, as is my prayer each time I slide behind the wheel. I thank him profusely for that.

So according to the manual, apparently either my "needs to be replaced" drive belt has jiggled loose, my alternator is busted or the battery's crap. I know I've got to have the drive belt replaced anyway as I should have done MONTHS ago so that's probably somewhere around $100 and if the alternator's busted that's another $200 or more. (I'm praying for less.) So, all that loverly savings I was building? Going faster than cheesecake at the family reunion.

I actually have considered shopping around for a new car. If I don't eat and only pay Mr. Mastercard and Ms. Visa minimum payments (providing none of my other routine bills go up) I could swing a car payment. And heck, I'd probably loose more weight, what with the not eating and all. I'm really hot to get a Toyota Yaris as MSN Auto gives it high ratings for fuel efficiency and anyone who knows anything knows Toyotas are like, da best cars evah!

So, ya'll pray with me, please. Whether it be a new car or totally inexpensive repairs to my current 16 year old 165,000 mile baby (who I actually do love and adore when she's cranking regularly and not shining ominous little odd shaped lights at me), pray that the Lord's will is done and I do not have anymore urges to throw myself under any buses. Cause, you know, that bus thing? That'd like totally hurt.

Comments

Danica Favorite said…
Wow, lots going on! Keeping the car in my prayers.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today