Attack of the Acid Reflux
Had a hellacious night last night and thusly may never eat Goldfish crackers again. Or at least not just before I go to bed, anyway.
For some reason, watching a Will and Grace re-run gave me the munchies so I cracked open a bag of Goldfish crackers and chowed down at like 9:30 last night just before I went to bed. I read in bed a little while after that to finish Donna Alward's newest Harlequin Romance release,
Marriage at Circle M before rolling over to go to sleep somewhere on the other side of 11:00. (It's mm...mmmm gooooood. Read it!) I was in the midst of a delicious dream involving the book's hero, Mike as well as Connor, the hero from the previous book Hired by the Cowboy (and no, I won't give you details!) when all of a sudden it felt like someone was ripping my guts out.
I jerked up in bed, gasping for breath and realized, it was the attack of the killer acid reflux! *screams horror movie style*
Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night. I paced, drank Mylanta, prayed, cried and belched for what seemed like forever before remembering that I had some Zantac left from the last attack. Too bad the stuff doesn't work instantaneously because it still took me another hour to get comfortable enough to lay back down and go to sleep without feeling as though I were smothering in my own indigestion.
This morning, it's mostly gone but my entire body feels ravaged--and not in a good way. My throat feels scratchy and a little thick, my torso aches as though I've been squeezed in a vise. I'm groggy and just a little bit cranky. And hungry but afraid to eat much. *sigh* I hate acid reflux.
And I'm sure ya'll all wanted all that TMI but I needed a way to plug Donna's book without looking like a total pimp. ;-)
For some reason, watching a Will and Grace re-run gave me the munchies so I cracked open a bag of Goldfish crackers and chowed down at like 9:30 last night just before I went to bed. I read in bed a little while after that to finish Donna Alward's newest Harlequin Romance release,
Marriage at Circle M before rolling over to go to sleep somewhere on the other side of 11:00. (It's mm...mmmm gooooood. Read it!) I was in the midst of a delicious dream involving the book's hero, Mike as well as Connor, the hero from the previous book Hired by the Cowboy (and no, I won't give you details!) when all of a sudden it felt like someone was ripping my guts out.I jerked up in bed, gasping for breath and realized, it was the attack of the killer acid reflux! *screams horror movie style*
Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night. I paced, drank Mylanta, prayed, cried and belched for what seemed like forever before remembering that I had some Zantac left from the last attack. Too bad the stuff doesn't work instantaneously because it still took me another hour to get comfortable enough to lay back down and go to sleep without feeling as though I were smothering in my own indigestion.
This morning, it's mostly gone but my entire body feels ravaged--and not in a good way. My throat feels scratchy and a little thick, my torso aches as though I've been squeezed in a vise. I'm groggy and just a little bit cranky. And hungry but afraid to eat much. *sigh* I hate acid reflux.
And I'm sure ya'll all wanted all that TMI but I needed a way to plug Donna's book without looking like a total pimp. ;-)
Comments