Coming Back to Chaos

And how.

A girl goes away for a week and they pull a complete fruit basket turnover on her. They've MOVED Mrs. B (my best bud and one of the ONLY people who make this job bearable) downstairs. Yeah, it's just two flights down but it may as well be Siberia. I'm still pouting and depressed. I mean, yeah. They've been saying it's going to happen for like a year now and I suppose I'd convinced myself that it wasn't going to happen. And then they picked the week I was gone to actually do it.

*sigh*

But I had a GREAT week with Sis2 and Lissa. I so did not want to leave. I haven't gotten to have such quality time with my sister in AGES and Lissa...well, she almost makes me rethink my whole "don't want no babies" mantra. LOL She's such a sweetie. Even when she's fussy and crying and won't sleep when you want her too she's precious. It was so great having the days be just the three of us lazing about like a bunch of good for nothings. Watching TV, eating, chatting, playing with Lissa. It was just one of those perfect weeks. I almost cried Saturday when I left. I mean, I was ready for my own house and TV but I just didn't want to leave them.

When I did get back, I had to put together a dessert for the church social Sunday. I made my famous mini-cheesecake tart things. LOL It takes forEVER to do them even though not a single bit of it is home-made. I only bothered because I know the folks at church enjoy them and to, you know, score some domecity points with the preacher man.

Turned out to be one of those pass/fail situations. He was impressed but not so much that he'd like, you know, exchange phone numbers before he skipped off to full time seminary. Yep. Yesterday was his last day with us. He says he'll keep in touch but Jana's not holding her breath, you know. I'm a little sad but oddly relieved. Now that he's out of sight, I'm hoping he'll be out of mind.

I had this whole big good-bye scene built up in my head. We'd talk, hug, he'd give me his number down there and get my number and/or profess his undying devotion to me and proclaim that now that we're no longer bound by the fact that was my pastor and dating me might be awkward we could be together on a long distance relationship thing. (I know. I'm completely stupid and read FAR too many romance novels. lol)

As it were, I got to talk to him for like 2 seconds mostly about the cheesecakes because he loved them and was impressed that I made them and we had a whole little recipe exchange thing. *bangs head on desk* And what better way to let a man know you made them for him than to tell him that you DIDN'T make them especially for him. *hides under desk* You see people, THIS is why Jana is still single. She's too stupid to live! And then before we could get to the part where I told him I was going to miss him and what a blessing he's been my grandfather comes up and they get into this whole theological discussion on the book of Mark and my mother comes and tells me I'm about to get left because they're ready to go. So, I had to hug him quick, innanely tell him to take care and to keep in touch and that was that. I was gone. Out of his life like I'd never even been there.

So dramatic! LOL

But yeah. A little bit depressed about the whole thing but I'm not crying into any pillows yet.

So, perfect week, sad yesterday and chaos today. Recipe of my life.

Comments

Heather said…
"Now that he's out of sight, I'm hoping he'll be out of mind."

You know what they say: absence makes the heart grow fonder. *WEG*

They also say the way to a man's heart is through her stomach, and you obviously have an edge there with those mini cheesecakes.

Yes, I know -- you want me to shut up now. Make me. hehe...
Jana said…
You are EVIL!!! ROFL

I was going to send you a picture of him (once my mom get's hers uploaded) but now I don't think I will. :-P~~~
Anonymous said…
Send it to me instead! :)

I grinned at you telling him you didn't make them for him. . .sounds spunky! :D Some guys like that.

I'm so glad you're back! And fwiw I do not think your 40lb loss was a fluke. . .I think your body has been adjusting to that loss and you're probably sitting at the peak of another loss.

Glad you're back. Did I say that already? :D

Sara
Jana said…
LOL Sara! I'm glad we're BOTH back at the same time! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today