Life's A Beach
Rife with hurricanes, choppy waves and lots of seaweed washed ashore. I'd much rather have sun and sand all the time. But then I'd get bored, right?
Or maybe I just need to relax and let the waves crash where they will. It's not as though my bitching and moaning and getting all frazzled out is going to change anything. It just makes me that much more frazzled and the minute I get frazzled the whole world (my world, at least) goes to hell. I've seriously got to just let it go. Nothin' I can do about it.
So yesterday was actually good. I think. I don't remember a lot about it. I know I checked in a lot of periodicals, had tea and fudge stripe cookies at break and I think I had meatloaf for lunch. Probably the only memorable thing about it is that we had a fire drill late yesterday afternoon. That was fun. Meandering enmasse out the front door and onto the drill field to joke and goof off for about thirty minutes. I really DO need to refresh myself on the emergency procedures, though. LOL
I also went to Jenny Crusie's Shop Cherry site at Cafe Press and ordered me a "He Wrote She Wrote" mug from the Crusie/Mayer store. I know. I'm a total Crusie/Mayer fangirl ho but it's a cute mug with their logo and slogan.
I did get to go home last night. The a/c's putting out cold air again (thanks to the ever so handy a/c man who took forEVER to get there) so that's all good. Me and Libs settled in for a four hour marathon of Ghost Hunters on SciFi. I loves me some TAPS. Of course, Libs gets a kick out of barking for no reason and freaking me out when I'm watching it. She knows it makes me paranoid and I immediately starting hearing things and feeling eyes watching me where there aren't any eyes. LOL So bad, that pup. And she wonders why I call her Devil Pup! But she got bored with that after about the second hour and settled in to chew on my toes. ;)
This morning I had to drive my car and pick my mother up at the garage. She was having some break issues and wanted to have them checked before tomorrow. Of course, by the time I picked her up traffic was a nightmare getting onto campus and I get REALLY flustered in heavy traffic. Especially since my car likes to mess with my head. (the temp gage started teasing me with it's little floating over towards hot trick and I just had the radiator replaced so it had BETTER not have a leak somewhere else!) And I never know if my car's acting up or if I've just gotten so paranoid with it that the least little thing has me getting all Chicken Little and thinking it's falling apart. And I'm so over the whole car problem type drama. Seriously, it can behave for a while now. It's got practically all new parts these days. Once I get the oil changed and feed it some fresh gas it should feel like a new vehicle. So seriously, it can play nice for a while, right?
*sigh*
But, I'm not going to let it get to me. I will not let a stupid car get the better of me. I'll toss the stupid thing into the scrap yard before I let it beat me.
:Little bit of total nonsense:
I just discovered that I have twin mesquito bites on the spot just below each knee. Very odd looking and they itch like a son of a biscuit. For once I actually had my hydrocortizone creme in my purse. Yay me!
And just because it makes me happy to do so, here's a little more Lissa. Cause ya'll aren't tired of her yet, right?

Or maybe I just need to relax and let the waves crash where they will. It's not as though my bitching and moaning and getting all frazzled out is going to change anything. It just makes me that much more frazzled and the minute I get frazzled the whole world (my world, at least) goes to hell. I've seriously got to just let it go. Nothin' I can do about it.
So yesterday was actually good. I think. I don't remember a lot about it. I know I checked in a lot of periodicals, had tea and fudge stripe cookies at break and I think I had meatloaf for lunch. Probably the only memorable thing about it is that we had a fire drill late yesterday afternoon. That was fun. Meandering enmasse out the front door and onto the drill field to joke and goof off for about thirty minutes. I really DO need to refresh myself on the emergency procedures, though. LOL
I also went to Jenny Crusie's Shop Cherry site at Cafe Press and ordered me a "He Wrote She Wrote" mug from the Crusie/Mayer store. I know. I'm a total Crusie/Mayer fangirl ho but it's a cute mug with their logo and slogan.
I did get to go home last night. The a/c's putting out cold air again (thanks to the ever so handy a/c man who took forEVER to get there) so that's all good. Me and Libs settled in for a four hour marathon of Ghost Hunters on SciFi. I loves me some TAPS. Of course, Libs gets a kick out of barking for no reason and freaking me out when I'm watching it. She knows it makes me paranoid and I immediately starting hearing things and feeling eyes watching me where there aren't any eyes. LOL So bad, that pup. And she wonders why I call her Devil Pup! But she got bored with that after about the second hour and settled in to chew on my toes. ;)
This morning I had to drive my car and pick my mother up at the garage. She was having some break issues and wanted to have them checked before tomorrow. Of course, by the time I picked her up traffic was a nightmare getting onto campus and I get REALLY flustered in heavy traffic. Especially since my car likes to mess with my head. (the temp gage started teasing me with it's little floating over towards hot trick and I just had the radiator replaced so it had BETTER not have a leak somewhere else!) And I never know if my car's acting up or if I've just gotten so paranoid with it that the least little thing has me getting all Chicken Little and thinking it's falling apart. And I'm so over the whole car problem type drama. Seriously, it can behave for a while now. It's got practically all new parts these days. Once I get the oil changed and feed it some fresh gas it should feel like a new vehicle. So seriously, it can play nice for a while, right?
*sigh*
But, I'm not going to let it get to me. I will not let a stupid car get the better of me. I'll toss the stupid thing into the scrap yard before I let it beat me.
:Little bit of total nonsense:
I just discovered that I have twin mesquito bites on the spot just below each knee. Very odd looking and they itch like a son of a biscuit. For once I actually had my hydrocortizone creme in my purse. Yay me!
And just because it makes me happy to do so, here's a little more Lissa. Cause ya'll aren't tired of her yet, right?

Comments
And any day with meatloaf has to be a good day.
Hugs!