Scary Facts 101
After 28 years, my eyebrows have finally decided to start corresponding with my hair color. Yeah, folks. I had mostly blond eyebrows and dark hair up until the past year or so. Don't know what's up with that. I mean, not that I liked looking as though I didn't have eyebrows it's just--I've lived so long without them, my face looks weird to me now. :-/ On the flip side, now that they're getting dark, I have to pluck them! Yikes! I've never had to pluck before.
It sucks getting old. Or older anyway. You know, eyebrows aside, there's a lot of other things that have changed as I've gotten older. Say, for instance, my body shape. I've always been heavy but up until the past couple of years or so, it was fairly well distributed. Now it seems that a little bit more than I'd like is settling around my gut. Not perty ya'll. Not. Perty. And it makes all my clothes fit wonky, too. Clothes that used to fit perfectly gape in strange places. And even though I now weigh roughly what I did in college, I'm a size larger than I was back then which makes NO sense to me.
Something else that's equally scary as aging though...Being paranoid. *sigh* I don't know what's up with me lately. Libby and I both have just gotten so jumpy. We see shadows where there aren't any, hear bumps when there shouldn't have been any, feel eyes watching where there are none. And Friday night Libby freaked herself outside so bad that she ran blindly into my legs, bounced off of them only to drag me into the house where she proceeded to bark at a window for twenty minutes. Talk about being freaked! I don't know what she saw or thought she saw but she pretty much scared the bejeebies out of us both. It took me a good 30 or 45 minutes to work up the courage to walk her back outside. Nothing jumped out and ate us, though, so I guess we imagined whatever it was. *sigh*
Needless to say, though, it didn't help my paranoia.
For even more scariness, I watched the Ugly Betty marathon on ABC Family All. Day. Saturday. From 8am to 8pm. Scary and a little sad, huh? What's funny, though, is I never watched the show during the regular season last year. I caught maybe two episodes but wondered what all the fuss was about. I guess Saturday I got hooked. LOL Will definitely be tuning in to see the premier Thursday night.
And that's about it for now. I'm 'bout to go track down my buddy and a bagel--not necessarily in that order. ;-)
It sucks getting old. Or older anyway. You know, eyebrows aside, there's a lot of other things that have changed as I've gotten older. Say, for instance, my body shape. I've always been heavy but up until the past couple of years or so, it was fairly well distributed. Now it seems that a little bit more than I'd like is settling around my gut. Not perty ya'll. Not. Perty. And it makes all my clothes fit wonky, too. Clothes that used to fit perfectly gape in strange places. And even though I now weigh roughly what I did in college, I'm a size larger than I was back then which makes NO sense to me.
Something else that's equally scary as aging though...Being paranoid. *sigh* I don't know what's up with me lately. Libby and I both have just gotten so jumpy. We see shadows where there aren't any, hear bumps when there shouldn't have been any, feel eyes watching where there are none. And Friday night Libby freaked herself outside so bad that she ran blindly into my legs, bounced off of them only to drag me into the house where she proceeded to bark at a window for twenty minutes. Talk about being freaked! I don't know what she saw or thought she saw but she pretty much scared the bejeebies out of us both. It took me a good 30 or 45 minutes to work up the courage to walk her back outside. Nothing jumped out and ate us, though, so I guess we imagined whatever it was. *sigh*
Needless to say, though, it didn't help my paranoia.
For even more scariness, I watched the Ugly Betty marathon on ABC Family All. Day. Saturday. From 8am to 8pm. Scary and a little sad, huh? What's funny, though, is I never watched the show during the regular season last year. I caught maybe two episodes but wondered what all the fuss was about. I guess Saturday I got hooked. LOL Will definitely be tuning in to see the premier Thursday night.
And that's about it for now. I'm 'bout to go track down my buddy and a bagel--not necessarily in that order. ;-)
Comments
Speaking of creepy stuff...GHOST WHISPERER IS BACK ON FRIDAY! :)