Bad Blogger
Last week was just one of those weeks. In between work being crazy, student workers being flaky, the rain and all the usual crap I was about ready to just burrow under the covers and not come out for a month. I really wish sometimes that I were a bear so I could hibernate. But then, I suppose we all feel that way sometimes. And heck, it could be worse. I could be out in California. I really do feel sad inside when I think of the devestation. I fear for friends that live out there, as well. It's just such a horrible thing. I just can't imagine what they're going through. That's why I decided not to complain about my week too much. It could have been much worse.
I did burrow under the covers (metaphorically) this weekend, though. I only left the house long enough to blow my money on so-called groceries Saturday morning and that was about it. I stayed in, watched tv and ate all weekend long. Well, I did do some small cleaning type projects. I cleaned out under my kitchen sink and got rid of a lot of nearly empty cleaning supplies and organized the rest. I also baked a cake for the fundraiser our church had Saturday night, baked a batch of orange chocolate chip cookies just because I wanted to, cleaned the kitchen till it sparkled, drank a lot of coffee, vacuumed, organized goodie bags for our student workers to give them on Wednesday, washed three loads of of laundry, organized my closet floor (put away summer shoes, emptied bags of stuff, etc.), ate a lot of cookies/candy/bagels with Nutella and honey nut cream cheese/pringles/omelets, watched DVD's, drank a lot of tea, took the Devil Pup out a lot and bummed around in my PJ's for two days straight. (Two days worth of PJ's thankyouverymuch!) I didn't even leave the house to go to church or my parent's house yesterday. It was kinda nice.
Except I spent a lot ot time on the phone, it feels like. I called my former co-worker Brenda Friday evening during 30 Minute Meals. We talked for about an hour. Then my BFF in SC called me during Life Among The Dead on Lifetime (It's a good show. Have ya'll seen it?) and we talked for OVER an hour. (The girl has more drama than I have underwear!) Then Saturday Sis2 called and we talked for about 45 minutes. (Her MIL is NUTS. Anyone want to help me wrestle her into an "I Love Me" jacket and haul her off to a nice padded white room?) And yesterday my mother called (because she just couldn't stand that I hadn't come over) and we talked for about 45 minutes.
I managed to dodge Sis1's phone call Saturday. Not on purpose. I was in the shower when she called and left a message to call her back. Scared me to death, too. Cause like I said, I was in the shower. Didn't hear the phone ring at all but I was in the midst of shampooing my hair when I heard voices. Like really loud voices. I thought, OMGosh, someone's in the house. My first thought was that my parents has swung by to pick up the cake I'd baked and had let themselves in. (they have keys) Of course, it could have gotten ugly since I'd left the bathroom door open. LOL But the voices didn't last long and the DP was still sitting beside the tub waiting for me so I figured, it must've just been the television or something. If it had been my parents or anyone in the house, she'd be either barking or have gone to lick them to death. About an hour later, I noticed the blinking answering machine. It had been Sis1. She'd found something she wants for Christmas and wanted to tell me what it was. I was supposed to call her back. I conveniently forgot. Bad sister. hehehehe
Here's to hoping that my weekend at home alone serves me well and this week is much better than last. It should be. My supervisor's back so Yay! maybe I won't be meeting myself as I'm coming and going. And, it's no longer raining so maybe I won't be too depressed. Last week was just so dark and dreary one couldn't help but feel a bit depressed. Maybe this week I won't be such a bad blogger, neglecting ya'll. Cause I know ya'll just LURV hearing all about my dull existance. ;-)
I did burrow under the covers (metaphorically) this weekend, though. I only left the house long enough to blow my money on so-called groceries Saturday morning and that was about it. I stayed in, watched tv and ate all weekend long. Well, I did do some small cleaning type projects. I cleaned out under my kitchen sink and got rid of a lot of nearly empty cleaning supplies and organized the rest. I also baked a cake for the fundraiser our church had Saturday night, baked a batch of orange chocolate chip cookies just because I wanted to, cleaned the kitchen till it sparkled, drank a lot of coffee, vacuumed, organized goodie bags for our student workers to give them on Wednesday, washed three loads of of laundry, organized my closet floor (put away summer shoes, emptied bags of stuff, etc.), ate a lot of cookies/candy/bagels with Nutella and honey nut cream cheese/pringles/omelets, watched DVD's, drank a lot of tea, took the Devil Pup out a lot and bummed around in my PJ's for two days straight. (Two days worth of PJ's thankyouverymuch!) I didn't even leave the house to go to church or my parent's house yesterday. It was kinda nice.
Except I spent a lot ot time on the phone, it feels like. I called my former co-worker Brenda Friday evening during 30 Minute Meals. We talked for about an hour. Then my BFF in SC called me during Life Among The Dead on Lifetime (It's a good show. Have ya'll seen it?) and we talked for OVER an hour. (The girl has more drama than I have underwear!) Then Saturday Sis2 called and we talked for about 45 minutes. (Her MIL is NUTS. Anyone want to help me wrestle her into an "I Love Me" jacket and haul her off to a nice padded white room?) And yesterday my mother called (because she just couldn't stand that I hadn't come over) and we talked for about 45 minutes.
I managed to dodge Sis1's phone call Saturday. Not on purpose. I was in the shower when she called and left a message to call her back. Scared me to death, too. Cause like I said, I was in the shower. Didn't hear the phone ring at all but I was in the midst of shampooing my hair when I heard voices. Like really loud voices. I thought, OMGosh, someone's in the house. My first thought was that my parents has swung by to pick up the cake I'd baked and had let themselves in. (they have keys) Of course, it could have gotten ugly since I'd left the bathroom door open. LOL But the voices didn't last long and the DP was still sitting beside the tub waiting for me so I figured, it must've just been the television or something. If it had been my parents or anyone in the house, she'd be either barking or have gone to lick them to death. About an hour later, I noticed the blinking answering machine. It had been Sis1. She'd found something she wants for Christmas and wanted to tell me what it was. I was supposed to call her back. I conveniently forgot. Bad sister. hehehehe
Here's to hoping that my weekend at home alone serves me well and this week is much better than last. It should be. My supervisor's back so Yay! maybe I won't be meeting myself as I'm coming and going. And, it's no longer raining so maybe I won't be too depressed. Last week was just so dark and dreary one couldn't help but feel a bit depressed. Maybe this week I won't be such a bad blogger, neglecting ya'll. Cause I know ya'll just LURV hearing all about my dull existance. ;-)
Comments
It must have been the weekend for fall cleaning because I also did three loads of laundry, swept and mopped bathroom and kitchen, vacuumed, took garbage & recyclables out, and scrubbed the tub. Plus grocery shopping. Needless to say, I was really worn out after all that!
Here's hoping we both have better weeks!
Hope you get caught up on some rest!