Fully Dilated

My eyes, that is. I'm not in labor, fortunately. If I were, shockwaves would be felt 'round the world! LOL

Yeah, so I had an optometrists appointment this morning. Since glaucoma runs in my family I had to have that checked and for that they had to dilate my eyes. Yuck. I look all freeky with the wide black pupils. Too bad I couldn't have had this done tomorrow. hehehehe Between the freeky dilated eyes and the dorky little shade type things I have to wear when outside or looking at the computer screen I look a real fright. ;-)

But, I've got healthy eyeballs (no sign of glaucoma) and a worsening astigmatism. Yay on the healthy eyeballs but yuck on the astigmatism. I'll put it to ya this way, I'm so blind that there was a $30 Rx overage for each pair of glasses and I got two. Plus, she said that if I didn't get the thinner lighter lenses ($50 a pair) I'd have what amounts to "thicker than coke bottle" lenses. So yeah, I just had my wallet ripped out through my nose (or was it my eyeballs?) and it hurt like a SOB. lol I got two pair of glasses, though which would've been cheaper without the extras but with the extras was more like "Whoa! What the crap?" My mother will crap a brick if I tell her how much it ended up being. Which means, folks, Jana's gonna hafta lie by omission. hehehehe (or outright lie. *sigh*)

But yeah, they suck you in with the $99 for two pair as opposed to $79 for one pair. But then there's the bells and whistles (thinner lighter lenses and scratch insurance which I could ordinarily do without but b/c of the illustriously unpredictable and oh so misbehaved Devil Pup I'd be stupid not to get) and Rx overages and it doesn't make sense to get the bells and whistles on one pair and not the other since I don't know what pair I'll be wearing if/when Libby goes scratch happy on them. So, yeah.

But ya know what? This last pair lasted me 7+ years and they cost about as much as the two pair I bought today so it's all good. Maybe with two pair and swapping them out (and if the astigmatism doesn't get any worse any time soon) these'll last a while. I have to look at them as an investment. Yeah, an investment in both fashion and eye health. ;-)

Meanwhile, I'm sitting here with these doofy eye shade things and my freakishly dilated eyes. Too bad she didn't let me keep the eye patch I had to wear for one of the exams. heheheheh

Comments

Heather said…
Ugh! on the dilation and cost of new glasses. Need to be doing that myself sometime soon. I figure if you can't remember how long you've had the current pair of glasses, it's time. :-\
Jana said…
Uh, yeah. I'd say so. LOL I can't remember exactly when I got my current pair but I know it was either 2000 or 2001 because I was a senior in college.
Heather said…
I think mine were 2001 as well, and only because my last pair broke. lol

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today