Have A Spooktacular Day
Happy Halloween. Hope everyone's covered in chocolate.
I asked Libby what she wanted to be for Halloween and she said, "I wanna be a weenie dog." hehehehe Actually, I was being silly and giving her options like a pirate or a werepuppy and it occurred to me that it'd be pretty funny if I could figure out how to dress her up as a weenie dog. hehehe Yeah, I'm warped. We know this. Let's get past it, shall we?
I'm all set for tonight, though. I've got an assortment of candy and SciFi's giving us a live episode of Ghost Hunters at Waverly Sanatorium. My luck they won't see any evidence of any ghosts and it won't be scary at all but a girl can hope, right? If that doesn't work out, though, maybe there'll be something else on later. Or I can always take the DP outside. I'm pretty good at scaring myself silly outside after dark.
The trees in my yard have started shedding their pine cones and acorns and do you know how creepy it sounds to hear those things rustle the leaves when they fall and it's pitch dark outside while you're standing out there with nothing but a tiny flashlight and a little dog that's jumpier than can of Mexican jumping beans for protection? Well, I assure you--it's very creepy. Trust me.
And as a Halloween special, I'll share with ya'll the recipe for the orange chocolate chip cookies I baked this weekend. Really, they're so simple it's funny.
1 orange cakemix (I use Duncan Hines orange supreme--also, if you don't like orange, yellow cakemix is what I normally use. The orange was just because I love orange and chocolate. hehe)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 Tbs of water
a bag of chocolate chips (I used 3/4 of a bag of Hershey's dark chocolate chips)
Stir until blended well but don't over stir. Drop small spoonfuls onto a baking sheet (true cookie sheets give them better texture over jelly roll pans for some reason) and bake at 350 until just before the edges brown. (about 10 minutes if the oven's hot) They're better if you take them out before they're brown. Cool on wire rack or if you're like me, eat them when they're gooey just out of the oven. :-)
I will warn you though, everyone I know who makes cookies by this recipe gets different results. My mother's, strangely enough, usually turn out more like cake. lol Sis2's are usually the best. Her's always stay soft while mine tend to be a little on the crispy side. But, perfect solution for that is to pop them in the microwave for like half a second to soften them up. Enjoy!
So, whatever your plans are (baking, tricking or treating) have a Spooktacular Halloween. Stay safe and if you run across any hot vampires, send 'em my way. hehehehe
I asked Libby what she wanted to be for Halloween and she said, "I wanna be a weenie dog." hehehehe Actually, I was being silly and giving her options like a pirate or a werepuppy and it occurred to me that it'd be pretty funny if I could figure out how to dress her up as a weenie dog. hehehe Yeah, I'm warped. We know this. Let's get past it, shall we?
I'm all set for tonight, though. I've got an assortment of candy and SciFi's giving us a live episode of Ghost Hunters at Waverly Sanatorium. My luck they won't see any evidence of any ghosts and it won't be scary at all but a girl can hope, right? If that doesn't work out, though, maybe there'll be something else on later. Or I can always take the DP outside. I'm pretty good at scaring myself silly outside after dark.
The trees in my yard have started shedding their pine cones and acorns and do you know how creepy it sounds to hear those things rustle the leaves when they fall and it's pitch dark outside while you're standing out there with nothing but a tiny flashlight and a little dog that's jumpier than can of Mexican jumping beans for protection? Well, I assure you--it's very creepy. Trust me.
And as a Halloween special, I'll share with ya'll the recipe for the orange chocolate chip cookies I baked this weekend. Really, they're so simple it's funny.
1 orange cakemix (I use Duncan Hines orange supreme--also, if you don't like orange, yellow cakemix is what I normally use. The orange was just because I love orange and chocolate. hehe)
2 eggs
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 Tbs of water
a bag of chocolate chips (I used 3/4 of a bag of Hershey's dark chocolate chips)
Stir until blended well but don't over stir. Drop small spoonfuls onto a baking sheet (true cookie sheets give them better texture over jelly roll pans for some reason) and bake at 350 until just before the edges brown. (about 10 minutes if the oven's hot) They're better if you take them out before they're brown. Cool on wire rack or if you're like me, eat them when they're gooey just out of the oven. :-)
I will warn you though, everyone I know who makes cookies by this recipe gets different results. My mother's, strangely enough, usually turn out more like cake. lol Sis2's are usually the best. Her's always stay soft while mine tend to be a little on the crispy side. But, perfect solution for that is to pop them in the microwave for like half a second to soften them up. Enjoy!
So, whatever your plans are (baking, tricking or treating) have a Spooktacular Halloween. Stay safe and if you run across any hot vampires, send 'em my way. hehehehe
Comments
Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe! Will have to copy it down from home. ;)
Oh, and girl? You need a yard light. LOL
Happy Haunting!