Nesting...WTCrap?
I think I'm nesting or something. I've got this insane (for me) urge to clean and be all domestic. Doing the sort of chores that I NEVER do. I dusted the ceiling fans this weekend. Last weekend it was scrubbing the bathtub. It's like I have a need to have all the really gritty parts of my house clean and sparkly.
Which makes no sense. I'm not pregnant or in a relationship and it's highly unlikely that either situations will occur anytime soon--if ever.
Maybe I'm simply nesting on behalf of Sis2. Her nesting instincts still haven't kicked in and Lissa is exactly 2 months old! LOL Too bad I can't nest at her house. To hear her tell it, her house is a pig sty these days. Which at one point in my life I'd have brushed it off as her having left a magazine on the coffee table but...Yeah. Funny how being married, having a baby and working 12 hour days can turn the neatest neat freak into a slob. ;-)
In other news, Lissa's baby dedication was Sunday. My grandfather, a retired preacher, visited our church and performed it. For non Baptists or those who've never heard of it, a baby dedication is a short ceremony performed in much the same manner of wedding vows--the parents of the baby are promising to love the child and to raise him/her in a manner that is pleasing to God and that the child will be raised in a Christian home with Christian values. Lissa was actually awake throughout the whole five minutes and only got fussy during the prayer portion. And she looked so sweet. I got to play videographer and film it. ;)
That's about it for the weekend.
Actually, that's about all the exitment in the last four days. hehehe
Which makes no sense. I'm not pregnant or in a relationship and it's highly unlikely that either situations will occur anytime soon--if ever.
Maybe I'm simply nesting on behalf of Sis2. Her nesting instincts still haven't kicked in and Lissa is exactly 2 months old! LOL Too bad I can't nest at her house. To hear her tell it, her house is a pig sty these days. Which at one point in my life I'd have brushed it off as her having left a magazine on the coffee table but...Yeah. Funny how being married, having a baby and working 12 hour days can turn the neatest neat freak into a slob. ;-)
In other news, Lissa's baby dedication was Sunday. My grandfather, a retired preacher, visited our church and performed it. For non Baptists or those who've never heard of it, a baby dedication is a short ceremony performed in much the same manner of wedding vows--the parents of the baby are promising to love the child and to raise him/her in a manner that is pleasing to God and that the child will be raised in a Christian home with Christian values. Lissa was actually awake throughout the whole five minutes and only got fussy during the prayer portion. And she looked so sweet. I got to play videographer and film it. ;)
That's about it for the weekend.
Actually, that's about all the exitment in the last four days. hehehe
Comments