This, That and the Other

So apparently yesterday and last night was just the night of the twisters or something. We didn't have anymore go over us, but there were warnings out all over northeast Mississippi, all through Alabama and apparently there was one spotted in Pensacola, FL. Not to mention, Trix said they had watches in Wisconsin. Weird.

I don't mind rain or even a good storm. But tornadoes? Blech!

Yesterday just must have had "sucky" written all over it. Besides the twisters, I got reprimanded at work yesterday afternoon. (not like, formally. I didn't get written up. Just gotten on to.) Part of it was exactly my fault and I deserved it. I knew better and did it anyway because, well, I got tired of being the little dutch boy holding his finger in the dam. And I figured, the same thing gets done to me so why not? (very mature way of thinking, huh?) The other thing that was brought to my attention, well, not too happy about because, well, I think it's silly and wildly unfair. I could see it coming, though, so I'm not at all surprised. I had just hoped that it wouldn't become an issue. I'm not doing anything wrong or against the rules, so don't be a hater. I just chose to ignore an unwritten rule--or rather, to make an exception to an unwritten rule. *sigh*

Needless to say, I was a little put out when I went home yesterday. It sucks being called on your own stupidity and then having an innocent bystander dragged into it by proxy. (I know I'm not making any sense but I'm trying not to get into specifics since I'm talking about work.) And I'm really not mad (or not much) about the first thing. It's the second thing that has me pissed. *sigh*

But I don't dislike my job. Or even my supervisor. She's been really nice to me and we work well together for the most part. Just don't really like some of the things that have been happening around here lately. And I really don't like that second thing.

This morning made me really thankful that things aren't any worse than they are, though. Sis2 is still having issues with her MIL not to mention the day care she's director of. I swear, sometimes people should come with warning labels like maybe a bit "T" stamped on their forehead for "toxic" (the MIL) or an "S" for "stupid" (the board). Listening to her problems makes me really thankful for my lack of marital status and my job.

Comments

Heather said…
So sorry for your sucky day at work, Jana. Here's hoping you are able to relax and recoup a bit over the weekend, and that next week will be much better.

I'm glad all the storms missed you last night! Though we were under a watch here, it thankfully never achieved "warning" status. Chicago wasn't as lucky -- I heard a bunch of people were injured there when glass was blown out of a high-rise condo. See, there's another reason NOT to live in skyscrapers!

Storms were even worse in Michigan down to Florida, with at least one town almost completely blown off the map and -- last I hear -- five dead. So sad, and the truly scary part is how bad places in the south need this rain brought by such massive storms.

Here's hoping for a much calmer weekend coast to coast! I don't know about you, but the change in pressure has had my knee aching something fierce the last two days.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today