Be a Chipmunk
I've got Chipmunks stuck in my head...or their Christmas song, I suppose I should say. hehehehe Mama and I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks Sunday. It's a cute film. Ya'll should see it. Don't be a Chipmunk hater like BIL who said it is a waste of money. *rolls eyes* Sadly, I had the song stuck in my head way before that, though. It is one of my favorites but I don't know all the words so I just keep singing,
Christmas Christmas time is here, time for toys and time for cheer,
We've been good but we can't last, hurry Christmas, hurry fast.
Something something loops the loop, me I want a hoola-hoop.
We can't hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don't be late.
hehehe
Meanwhile, they're wiring our area for new fire alarms which is quite noisy. Apparently they have to drill through the wall right outside my cube which is totally annoying. If they'd do it with some rhythm it wouldn't be so bad. But it's just this incessant droning. Bah.
Spent a good deal of time last night baking. I'm doing goody boxes for my co-workers for Christmas...Some sweet and savory treats. Lemon squares for the sweet (and tart!) and sausage balls for the savory. I know everyone loves the sausage balls (it's a traditional treat I'm famous for. hehe) and the last time I made the lemon squares for a church social I was a total rock star so I figured I couldn't lose. I just forgot how tiring baking can be. So far I've got the lemon squares baked. I'll have to do the sausage balls tonight and bring it all tomorrow.
But just two more days, ya'll until I'm GONE! Yay! I look forward to this all year and am infinitely blessed to have chosen to work in the world of academia. Sure, I have to put up with college students who act like kindergartners and researchers who think the universe revolves around them (not to mention faculty who mistakenly think they're brilliant and proceed to tell you about it in terms that let you know right away that they've already concluded that you're a blithering idiot) but once a year I get a nine day vacation from work that I a) get paid for, b) don't have to use personal leave for and c) is during my most favoritist time of the year.
Will ya miss me?
Christmas Christmas time is here, time for toys and time for cheer,
We've been good but we can't last, hurry Christmas, hurry fast.
Something something loops the loop, me I want a hoola-hoop.
We can't hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don't be late.
hehehe
Meanwhile, they're wiring our area for new fire alarms which is quite noisy. Apparently they have to drill through the wall right outside my cube which is totally annoying. If they'd do it with some rhythm it wouldn't be so bad. But it's just this incessant droning. Bah.
Spent a good deal of time last night baking. I'm doing goody boxes for my co-workers for Christmas...Some sweet and savory treats. Lemon squares for the sweet (and tart!) and sausage balls for the savory. I know everyone loves the sausage balls (it's a traditional treat I'm famous for. hehe) and the last time I made the lemon squares for a church social I was a total rock star so I figured I couldn't lose. I just forgot how tiring baking can be. So far I've got the lemon squares baked. I'll have to do the sausage balls tonight and bring it all tomorrow.
But just two more days, ya'll until I'm GONE! Yay! I look forward to this all year and am infinitely blessed to have chosen to work in the world of academia. Sure, I have to put up with college students who act like kindergartners and researchers who think the universe revolves around them (not to mention faculty who mistakenly think they're brilliant and proceed to tell you about it in terms that let you know right away that they've already concluded that you're a blithering idiot) but once a year I get a nine day vacation from work that I a) get paid for, b) don't have to use personal leave for and c) is during my most favoritist time of the year.
Will ya miss me?
Comments