I Don't Wanna!
If only I could not do all the things I don't wanna, I'd be a happy Jana indeed.
I don't wanna call for references on a job applicant. Talking to people I don't know stresses me severely. Especially on the phone. Don't know what it is about phones but I don't like to talk to strangers on them.
I don't wanna come to work tomorrow because I wanted to play hooky with my mother so that we could get the rest of the decorations done for my g-parents anniversary party. But the PTB have meetings tomorrow and I'm it for filling in. Sux.
I don't wanna go get an inspection sticker on the new car. Remember the last time I went? Creepy mechanic leering at me whilst he filled out the sticker info thingy and gave me nightmares and paranoia for weeks? But the sticker expired in July and while I could probably get away without getting it done for a couple more months my dad will harass me no end about it if I don't do it NOW.
I don't wanna sing at the party Sunday. I get all nervous and clammy and everyone makes fun of the way my hands shake while I'm up there. It's a good thing I'm usually wearing skirts that cover my knees, otherwise they'd make fun of the way my knees knock. Jana no likie being in spotlight. I'm a wallflower. I was born that way. Why I felt it necessary to ever let anyone hear me sing to start with is a mystery to me. Had I known I'd have been commanded to do so on a stage time and again I'd have kept my stinkin' lips sealed. Or sang purposefully off tune.
But life isn't taylor made to suit me and I have to do things I don't wanna. Everyone does at some point. Why should I get to be any different?
I don't wanna call for references on a job applicant. Talking to people I don't know stresses me severely. Especially on the phone. Don't know what it is about phones but I don't like to talk to strangers on them.
I don't wanna come to work tomorrow because I wanted to play hooky with my mother so that we could get the rest of the decorations done for my g-parents anniversary party. But the PTB have meetings tomorrow and I'm it for filling in. Sux.
I don't wanna go get an inspection sticker on the new car. Remember the last time I went? Creepy mechanic leering at me whilst he filled out the sticker info thingy and gave me nightmares and paranoia for weeks? But the sticker expired in July and while I could probably get away without getting it done for a couple more months my dad will harass me no end about it if I don't do it NOW.
I don't wanna sing at the party Sunday. I get all nervous and clammy and everyone makes fun of the way my hands shake while I'm up there. It's a good thing I'm usually wearing skirts that cover my knees, otherwise they'd make fun of the way my knees knock. Jana no likie being in spotlight. I'm a wallflower. I was born that way. Why I felt it necessary to ever let anyone hear me sing to start with is a mystery to me. Had I known I'd have been commanded to do so on a stage time and again I'd have kept my stinkin' lips sealed. Or sang purposefully off tune.
But life isn't taylor made to suit me and I have to do things I don't wanna. Everyone does at some point. Why should I get to be any different?
Comments