Life Goes On

Thanks for any and all prayers said on my grandfather's behalf. Keep 'em coming.

I've been dogsitting for my grandparents the past couple of nights. Ya'll remember their Boston Terrier, Penny? Yeah. It's always interesting to get her together with Libby. They're both used to be only "children" and both demand their fare share--or more! Libby is by far the more vocal and demanding one, though. I don't know if it's because I've encouraged her to be vocal or if she's learned early on that the best way to get what she wants is by intimdation. She's like the lapdog version of the school yard bully. Poor Penny cows down to her to her a point. Until she just can't stand it anymore and has to get her "licks" in. (She, like Libby, is a face bather. She's just a little more sloppy and enthusastic with her kisses. Libby doles her kisses out like she's licking candy. Penny is more like a window washer. lol)

I need to teach Libby, too, that when Mama calls for help she's asking for help on her own behalf. Penny was getting really enthusastic with her kisses last night and I playfully called to Libby (who was pilfering in the other room) to help. She helped Penny clean my face instead of helping me get Penny off of me. *rolls eyes and giggles*

It sure has helped having to focus on the two of them the past couple of days. They're great stress relievers and perfect distrations. Can't focus much on all the crap when you've got two such involved puppies to look after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today