On the Road Again

As of yesterday, I'm officially free to terrorize other motorists once again. hehehehehe

We went to Sis2's yesterday to pick up her old car (my new car.) It isn't officially mine yet but it's got me back behind the wheel again. It drives so smooth and sweet. Has a KILLER stereo system. One that doesn't snap crackle and pop like in my old car. LOL I'll hafta get the tires checked out, though. The two front tires were pretty low. Had to air them up quite a bit. And here's a kicker...My dad has always preached to my mom and me about certain things we need to always have in our vehicles. A flashlight, a spare tire and a tire pressure gauge...just to start. I've always kept all of those things in mine as well as an air compressor. You never know when you're going to need those things in an emergency. Sounds reasonable and safe to me.

So I took my air compressor with us since Sis2 had warned me that the tires were low. I forgot to grab my pressure gauge, though but figured Daddy would have one in his truck. Guess who doesn't follow his own advice??? So I had to guess at how much air to put in them. I think I came up short on the front passenger side, though. It was still a little low and the car vibrated a bit if I got over 60mph. So I kept it slow-ish on the long drive home. I just couldn't believe that Daddy didn't have a pressure gauge in his truck, though. And goofus didn't have one, either. I tell you what. For all the preaching the men in my life do to us gals, ain't it sad that we're more likely to be better prepared in an emergency than they are??? LOL

But I did make it home with the car. It feels strange seeing it in the driveway, though. Every time I took Libby out last night and this morning it just felt weird. Like Sis2 ought to be there. She's had that car for nearly 9 years. In my mind I think it'll always be her car. I emailed her this morning and she said I nearly made her cry. Told her that as thankful as I am for the car, I'd rather have her there instead. Which is the truth. I miss her so much. And I miss not seeing Lyssa as much as I'd like.

But there is hope, if it's in God's will. Goofus is having some issues at work and might be looking for a job closer to here. I've been praying for what seems like forever that that would happen. Not for him to have issues at work but that they would decide to move back here. They both said it yesterday that if they could find good jobs here they'd move. So I'm praying even more now. Would help if ya'll prayed, too.

In other news, my car is officially gone. I know I told ya'll I sold it on Monday but he had to wait until he could make arrangements to come pick it up. He came late Friday--around 8--and picked it up. I was sort of sad to see it go but relieved at the same time. What REALLY disappointed me, though, was that I didn't get to see the guy again! Yes, he was THAT good looking. LOL I hope I never need his services as a mechanic again but if he ever wanted to take me out on a date I'd be over the moon! hehehehehe

This week is likely to get a little crazy so if I disappear, don't worry. My grandparents' 50th anniversary party is coming up this Sunday and my mother's working herself into a tizzy trying to get everything done. I don't think I'll have to take much time off to help her but you never know.

Comments

Heather said…
Congrats on the new-to-you wheels!
Anonymous said…
Wishing you many safe and happy miles in the new car.

Aunt B

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today