Sort of Good News, Sorta Bad News, and Help a Pal Out
Got some sort of good news yesterday. When Paw-Paw went back to the doctor yesterday, the doc said they're downgrading him from stage 4 to stage 3. I don't know if that's a huge difference or not but it sounds good to me. Your prayers are working so keep 'em up! And thank you for 'em. :)
In the not so great news, my great-grandmother on my dad's side is in bad shape. She hasn't been in the best health for a few years now but she's recently taken a really bad turn. She's in the hospital now, basically comatose. They're not expecting her to make it much longer. But, you know, she could still pull through. She's a tough old broad (nearly 95) so she might just fool us yet. I feel like, though, she'd find it a blessing were she to go on to Heaven. She's earned her rest. Just be in prayer for my grandmother and two great aunts as they're preparing for this. Even when you know it's for the best, it's hard on daughters. And I'd hate to see her go, too, but I know she'd be so much happier with the Savior.
And finally, I received a request from an author friend, Donna Michaels, this morning. Her short story, TEN THINGS I'D DO FOR A COWBOY, is currently tied for 4th place at The Long and Short of It Review site.
Having that banner proclaiming her story BEST E-BOOK SHORT ROMANCE 2007 would be a great stepping stone to help her writing career.
There's still 3 days left. You can only vote once per computer so if you have more than one, you can vote on there too. If you have the time and would like to help her out, I sure would appreciate your support.
Here's the link:
http://www.longandshortreviews.com/poll.htm
Scroll down to the short e-book category. It's the bottom box. All you have to do is click the little circle in front of:
Ten Things I'd Do for a Cowboy by Donna Michaels
Then click SUBMIT. That's it. No emails need be given and nothing else has to be filled out.
I know first hand what a great talent she is and how deserving she is of this honor. So get out there and vote--I did! ;)
In the not so great news, my great-grandmother on my dad's side is in bad shape. She hasn't been in the best health for a few years now but she's recently taken a really bad turn. She's in the hospital now, basically comatose. They're not expecting her to make it much longer. But, you know, she could still pull through. She's a tough old broad (nearly 95) so she might just fool us yet. I feel like, though, she'd find it a blessing were she to go on to Heaven. She's earned her rest. Just be in prayer for my grandmother and two great aunts as they're preparing for this. Even when you know it's for the best, it's hard on daughters. And I'd hate to see her go, too, but I know she'd be so much happier with the Savior.
And finally, I received a request from an author friend, Donna Michaels, this morning. Her short story, TEN THINGS I'D DO FOR A COWBOY, is currently tied for 4th place at The Long and Short of It Review site.
Having that banner proclaiming her story BEST E-BOOK SHORT ROMANCE 2007 would be a great stepping stone to help her writing career.
There's still 3 days left. You can only vote once per computer so if you have more than one, you can vote on there too. If you have the time and would like to help her out, I sure would appreciate your support.
Here's the link:
http://www.longandshortreviews.com/poll.htm
Scroll down to the short e-book category. It's the bottom box. All you have to do is click the little circle in front of:
Ten Things I'd Do for a Cowboy by Donna Michaels
Then click SUBMIT. That's it. No emails need be given and nothing else has to be filled out.
I know first hand what a great talent she is and how deserving she is of this honor. So get out there and vote--I did! ;)
Comments