Whoo-Weee!

So I sold my car last night. One of the mechanics who worked on it bought it for his dad. I sold it for a song (basically getting my money back on the cost of the work they'd already done on it) but I'm just glad to be done with it. It's a little sad to think about because you know, I've had that car since I was a senior in college. It took me a lot of places. But it also left me stranded a lot of places and that's why it's difficult to be TOO sad. Besides, I know it's going to a good home to someone who can take better care of it and put the work into it that I couldn't afford. And it doesn't hurt that the fella is a smokin' hot dude. Hoo-boy, is he one fine male specimen. LOL

In other news, I go Sunday to pick up my sisters--correction my NEW car. That is, if Sis2 actually got all the paperwork done that she said she'd do. She has to file for a lost title and transfer it to my name and she said she'd do that yesterday but she has a history of not following through. If she had, I'd have had a car a long time ago. lol
But all that aside, here are the pictures I promised...

Emmy got busy Sunday night baking cookies for Santa. Nana got her started and the deserted her so needless to say, the cookies were way over-floured and not as tasty as they could've been. I tried to help but Emmy wanted me to videotape her and we did "Rachel Ray" of her baking the cookies. At least she enjoyed the process even if she did decide the cookies weren't good enough to leave Santa the following night. She left him sausage balls and haystacks instead. ;-)

Alyssa and I had a lot of fun, too. She's such a sweetie-pie.

And an angel, if you couldn't tell by this shot. ;)


Somehow Monday morning everyone--well, all us girls, anyway--ended up in Nana's bed for a while. Started out with Sis2, Mama and Alyssa and Emmy and I sort of drifted in there. After Mama and Sis2 went to make breakfast, Lyssa, Emmy and I hung out a while longer just relaxing.


And of course, Libby had to get some sugars in.


But before too long, it was time for Lyssa and her parents to get ready to go. They had a family thing for some of Goofus's folks to get to. Couldn't resist one last photo op before they left, though.


More tomorrow, if ya'll think you can stand it! hehehe

Comments

Heather said…
Congrats on selling the car! Here's hoping sis followed through and you'll be zipping around in style this time next week.

Nice photos of you and the nieces, too!
Anonymous said…
You have beautiful nieces!!
Aunt B
Jana said…
Heather~There's more headache than I care to think about involved in this car deal now. *sigh*

Aunt B~Awe thanks. I'm rather proud of them. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today