Working It Out
I don't think I'm a terribly judgmental person. I mean, who am I to judge someone else's life? I'm by no means perfect. At. All.
But...(You knew there was a but or there wouldn't have been a post, right?) Have you ever had friends that you watched them do things--become people--that you know isn't right--that makes them not the person you thought they were? Friends you can see spiraling out of control for whatever reason but are helpless to stop it?
Yeah, I have a couple of those. I worry about them. Not because I think their behavior is neccessarily wrong but that maybe it's wrong for them? It feels like they're becoming people I don't recognize anymore. And I do understand why they do some of the things they do or why they're changing (sometimes the simple answer is because they finally can). I love them. I just worry about them. But their lives are their own. We each have to learn to live by our own rules, right?
And sometimes, I'm secretly jealous of them. Every now and then I wish I could just let go like that and be someone else. Do a complete 180 degree makeover on myself. Change who I am even if it isn't for the better. But I can't. I don't think I could ever relax enough to let go.
What hurts, though, is they KNOW I won't go in that direction. That I value the life I've built for myself for what it is--Mine. And I feel like they're leaving me behind.
It sucks.
But...(You knew there was a but or there wouldn't have been a post, right?) Have you ever had friends that you watched them do things--become people--that you know isn't right--that makes them not the person you thought they were? Friends you can see spiraling out of control for whatever reason but are helpless to stop it?
Yeah, I have a couple of those. I worry about them. Not because I think their behavior is neccessarily wrong but that maybe it's wrong for them? It feels like they're becoming people I don't recognize anymore. And I do understand why they do some of the things they do or why they're changing (sometimes the simple answer is because they finally can). I love them. I just worry about them. But their lives are their own. We each have to learn to live by our own rules, right?
And sometimes, I'm secretly jealous of them. Every now and then I wish I could just let go like that and be someone else. Do a complete 180 degree makeover on myself. Change who I am even if it isn't for the better. But I can't. I don't think I could ever relax enough to let go.
What hurts, though, is they KNOW I won't go in that direction. That I value the life I've built for myself for what it is--Mine. And I feel like they're leaving me behind.
It sucks.
Comments