And The Hits Keep Coming

First of all, a little bit of advice. When you're celebrating YOU for Valentines Day a) Buy the Good chocolates. Forget Whitmans. Go for Godiva. b) Don't watch a romantic comedy DVD--you'll only depress yourself and c) actually follow through on all your plans, otherwise you'll just be disappointed. (I opted not to get a good "not cooked by me" supper and ate a hotdog and pork rinds instead. Yes, I was sorely disappointed.)

So, yeah. VDay still sucked monkey butt no matter how hard I tried. But the point is that I tried. Insead of moping and "woe is me"ing, I tried to make myself forget that I'm single on a day when being single sucks.

But you know, there are worse things than being single on Valentine's Day.

Found out yesterday that on of my uncles' wife has breast cancer--in both breasts. She's going to have to have a double mastectomy on the 29th. Not a pleasant time at all--made worse by the fact that my uncle got laid off from his job about a year ago and has been self-employed ever since. Tried to save money by not paying for health insurance. *sigh* The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me. BUT--I have to believe and have faith that they'll be taken care of one way or another.

So to cheer myself up, I went blog hopping this morning. Landed on Jennifer Weiner's blog and was overjoyed to find and excerpt from the first chapter of her next novel, Certain Girls. It's not due to be released until April but I can't wait. The chapter was great and I'm looking forward to getting lost in it. April-June is going to be a GREAT time in the publishing world--for me, at anyrate. April ushers in Certain Girls and the next of Rett McPhereson's Torie O'Shae mysteries from Worldwide Mystery--not sure yet what comes in May--but June see's Melissa Senate's next release Questions to Ask Before Marrying as well as finds the next installment of the Glory St. Clair series from Gerry Bartlett, Real Vampires Get Lucky. So yeah. I have a few wonderful things to look forward to in life. If Sarah Mlynowski and Elizabeth Flock would each release a book a piece in May, I'd be to the moon and back. LOL

Comments

Heather said…
Sorry you didn't have a better evening, Jana. If you lived closer we'd invite you to join us Saturday for our annual ladies' night of fondu, chit-chat and movies.

Sorry also to hear about your aunt and hope things work out for her. (((HUGS)))

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Lost

Me and the boob tube

Ten Things That Make Me Happy Today