Dating Drama
Oy, I just got asked out. I was just whining to my friend, Kaitlin this morning that I hadn't been on a date since, well, it's been a while. LOL So I'm sitting here at the reference desk minding my own business. This poor kid is in here doing research and asks for a copy. So the student worker who's out here with me goes to make the copy and the dude kinda shuffles up the desk and mumbles something. I tell him I can't understand him and he mumbles, "I was just wondering if you'd want to go to a movie sometime."
I just about died. *sigh* He seemed nice but I don't know him from Adam, he's probably far too young and I can never understand what he says (he's been in here before--and understanding a person when they speek is probably pretty important when dating them, right?) so I told him I'm not really available. (Not a complete lie. I'm not available to HIM.) I felt so bad. And then it was so awkward because he had to finish his research sitting at the table in front of me.
In all the scenarios of being asked out this was NOT one of them. Actually, take that back--there have been a couple of patrons in here previously that I'd have done cartwheels if they'd asked me out like that but...lol
Oy! Why couldn't he have been George Clooney?
But hey, at least I know now that I'm not so grotesque that NOBODY finds me attractive enough to date! LOL
I just about died. *sigh* He seemed nice but I don't know him from Adam, he's probably far too young and I can never understand what he says (he's been in here before--and understanding a person when they speek is probably pretty important when dating them, right?) so I told him I'm not really available. (Not a complete lie. I'm not available to HIM.) I felt so bad. And then it was so awkward because he had to finish his research sitting at the table in front of me.
In all the scenarios of being asked out this was NOT one of them. Actually, take that back--there have been a couple of patrons in here previously that I'd have done cartwheels if they'd asked me out like that but...lol
Oy! Why couldn't he have been George Clooney?
But hey, at least I know now that I'm not so grotesque that NOBODY finds me attractive enough to date! LOL
Comments
I'm thinking you need to move to Oregon. Maybe it's the location that's not allowing you to find your man. he-he. Then I'd have a writing buddy in my own neck of the woods! Sweet! :D
And hey, Oregon's a pretty state. One of these years... hehehehe
There was this other guy that was in here Monday...had HE asked me to go see a movie or his etchings I'd have probably said yes before I realized what was happening. Unfortunately, I didn't even seem to register on this guy's radar. *pout*