Not Much To Tell
Things have been blessedly quiet around her the past few days. Work has been okay, no new family drama--all is well so far. I'm not even going to complain about it being boring! hehehe
Alyssa has been a little sick this week. She ran a 102 fever last night but Sis2 managed to get it down to 99 something and it stayed down. She was taking her to the doctor this morning but I haven't heard how it went.
I did get some pretty good news. Daddy's supervisor told him that his particular job will last until at least August. So it isn't GREAT news, but it's better news than May!
It's been rainy and yucky here today. Dark and overcast. A great day to have slept in and then curled up on the couch with a good book. Except, I probably wouldn't have gotten much reading done, what with the DP in my face all day. LOL She's gotten into this habit of wanting me to lay on the couch so that she can sleep on top of me. Her big fluffy bed that she got for Christmas isn't good enough. Nooooo. Mommy's more squishier, I guess. lol
We now (finally!) have a full staff at work. Our last new person started on Monday. So far I like all the new people. But getting to know folks is hard. I've never been good at those "getting to know you" conversations, either, so unless the conversation flows easily right from the start, I struggle. Big time. I'm trying, though. It just really makes me miss the "old crew" that I worked with up here for five years. Mrs. B. is still around but on a different floor and I only talk to Bren on the phone sporadically. And we used to have the BEST conversations at work. She knew all my crap and I knew all hers and we just got along great. I'm trying not to try to hard to develope that sort of friendship with the new people but there's a fine line I'm balancing between not trying too hard and not trying at all. *sigh* If only I could work alone at home. LOL
My bff called Tuesday night. She passed her state board exams so she is now a legal LPN. Wha-hooooo! I'm so proud of her and thrilled for her. :)
Paw-Paw Joe started his treatments Tuesday for the tumor. I haven't gotten to talk to him but Mama did and she said he said he felt okay. So that's good. Hopefully it'll continue that way.
And that's all the news from me. Not a lot of news is good news, right?? :)
Alyssa has been a little sick this week. She ran a 102 fever last night but Sis2 managed to get it down to 99 something and it stayed down. She was taking her to the doctor this morning but I haven't heard how it went.
I did get some pretty good news. Daddy's supervisor told him that his particular job will last until at least August. So it isn't GREAT news, but it's better news than May!
It's been rainy and yucky here today. Dark and overcast. A great day to have slept in and then curled up on the couch with a good book. Except, I probably wouldn't have gotten much reading done, what with the DP in my face all day. LOL She's gotten into this habit of wanting me to lay on the couch so that she can sleep on top of me. Her big fluffy bed that she got for Christmas isn't good enough. Nooooo. Mommy's more squishier, I guess. lol
We now (finally!) have a full staff at work. Our last new person started on Monday. So far I like all the new people. But getting to know folks is hard. I've never been good at those "getting to know you" conversations, either, so unless the conversation flows easily right from the start, I struggle. Big time. I'm trying, though. It just really makes me miss the "old crew" that I worked with up here for five years. Mrs. B. is still around but on a different floor and I only talk to Bren on the phone sporadically. And we used to have the BEST conversations at work. She knew all my crap and I knew all hers and we just got along great. I'm trying not to try to hard to develope that sort of friendship with the new people but there's a fine line I'm balancing between not trying too hard and not trying at all. *sigh* If only I could work alone at home. LOL
My bff called Tuesday night. She passed her state board exams so she is now a legal LPN. Wha-hooooo! I'm so proud of her and thrilled for her. :)
Paw-Paw Joe started his treatments Tuesday for the tumor. I haven't gotten to talk to him but Mama did and she said he said he felt okay. So that's good. Hopefully it'll continue that way.
And that's all the news from me. Not a lot of news is good news, right?? :)
Comments